Voting (June 2 – June 9, 2021)

Forum Forums Discussion Voting (June 2 – June 9, 2021)

This topic contains 59 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

The development cycle dedicated to Level 80 Rotations is complete. While there are some minor improvements left, the final milestone of this feature pack has been reached.
    Under normal circumstances, we would simply pick the next feature from the roadmap and start a new cycle.

Upcoming Features

But recently our community has been asking us to shift the development focus towards other features that were previously considered low priority. Since our development plans are driven by the community demand, we can not ignore these requests. However, we can not implement all of them at once either.
    Thus, we initiate a voting period.

Please select a feature pack that Miqobot Team will be working on during the next development cycle.

List of Proposed Features

1. Gathering updates.

– New conditions for gathering rotations.
    – Better Diadem support.
    – Better Ocean Fishing support.
    – Additional Legendary Fishing functions. ( Fishing wishlist )
    – Identical Cast and Identical Gig support.
    – About 20 other minor improvements.

1. Scenario Engine updates.

An approximate list of new scenario features is available in the corresponding beta thread:
    Planned Functions
    This list is not exhaustive as new requests are constantly coming in.

1. Quality-of-Life updates.

The number of QoL requests has passed the count of 200, therefore it’s rather problematic to list them all.
    So let us mention the most often requested ones:

– Status bar.
    – Automatic pause for chat (all features).
    – Global pause button.
    – Rearranging presets with drag-and-drop.
    – Presets search and filters.
    – Scenario editor improvements.
    – 3D Radar filters for B/A/S hunt marks.
    – Adjusting melee distance for Assist Mode.
    – Toggling AoE rotations for Assist Mode.
    – Crafting rotations designer.
    – Auto-enable Stack Desynthesis.
    – Auto-accept Duty Finder.
    – Reversed axis support.
    – Sound notifications.
    – UI customization.
    – Additional UI tooltips.
    – Additional hotkey customization.
    – Inventory management.

Please keep in mind that these improvements are not equal in their complexity.
    For example, Crafting rotations designer and Inventory management are approximately 20 times more complex than a Global pause button. We will be prioritizing less time-consuming features first, because our goal is to satisfy as many requests as possible.

1. Patch 5.5 Dungeon support.

The community requested a new dungeon, because it offers a better Tomestone rate.
    At the moment Miqobot supports (5.3) Heroes’ Gauntlet which offers 30 Tomestones of Revelation per run, while (5.5) Paglth’an would yield 50 Tomestones per run. Please note, both dungeons will be outdated with the arrival of Endwalker expansion.

Discussion thread: Any plan to add Matoya’s Relict

1. Level 61 Dungeon support.

This feature is similar to (Unsync) Garuda Extreme support.
    It allows automated farming of tank mount achievements and is designed for solo farming only. There are two achievement tiers:

– A Tankless Job (requires Garuda Extreme).
    – Tank You (requires a 61+ dungeon).

The first tier is already supported by Miqobot. The community requested for the second tier support as well.
    Please note, it is currently unknown whether the downscaling planned in Endwalker will still allow unsynced farming of these instances.

Discussion thread: 61 Dungeon Support

1. Triple Triad support.

Plans for this feature have been established several years ago, but it remained a low priority since then.
    A recent discussion revealed that the demand may have increased, therefore we consider it a possible option for the next stage.

Discussion thread: Triple Triad

1. Blue Mage support.

With the arrival of Patch 5.45, the interest for Blue Mage has grown.
    And the community requested a proper implementation of Assist Mode for this job.

Discussion thread: Blue Mage Support

1. Level 60 Dungeon support.

There is no dedicated thread, but requests for this dungeon appear in various contexts.
    The community desires to use a level 60 Squadron Dungeon to farm certain steps of Relic Weapon Quests.

Please note, this feature will not offer a better leveling method than (Lv53) Sohm Al.
    Level 60 dungeons give -32% of Sohm Al experience and thus are not efficient for leveling.

Estimated Development Time

The standard development cycle is 4-8 weeks.
    Some features, like Scenario Engine, contain a lot more work and can not be completed within this time period. But the length of the development cycle will not change. Instead, we will be implementing these feature packs in several stages.

Here is the estimated number of development cycles for each feature pack:

- Gathering updates            1
    - Scenario Engine updates      2-3
    - Quality-of-Life updates      2-3
    - Patch 5.5 Dungeon support    1
    - Level 61 Dungeon support     1
    - Triple Triad support         2-3
    - Blue Mage support            1
    - Level 60 Dungeon support     1

Rules

• Please voice your opinion by replying to this thread directly.
    • Please be respectful to other community members.
    • Each vote is considered only once.
    • If you wish to change your vote, you can reply a second time. The last vote will always take priority.
    • The voting period will last one week (until June 9, 2021).

Hummer89x
    Participant
    1+

I would love to see some QoL-features.

Especially improvements to the assist mode, like some toggles to also use potions/food or disable dot spells (for WHM).
    A position window to show if you’re standing correctly for your next style, like in the attached screenshot.

Pause for scenarios would be a dream. Sometimes guild asks something and I want to answer, but can’t without breaking the bot.

The UI could also need a modern touch. This may doesn’t sound like a huge thing, but it would make it look much cleaner and more professional.

Yes, my vote goes to “3. Quality-of-Life updates”.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

rxantos
    Participant

Could you add sorting by name of gathering lists, maps and scenarios?
    Better yet, a search by name.

Roopydoopy
    Participant

Hi

I’d like to cast my vote for QoL updates followed by gathering updates and then the 61 tank option.

Ideally for QoL I would like to see a scenario pause option and a tracker to see the number of times a scenario has repeated. Would it also be possible to add a function like “if character level is xx move to next scenario step”?

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this amazing little bot

flintrucker
    Participant

My vote actually goes to 5 (Level 61 Dungeon) next because of shorter development cycle and we don’t know if we’d be able to bot this in the future without doing it in group content.

However, 3 (QoL) comes very close after that.

asunak
    Participant
    2+

Definitely QOL enhancements.
    Although I would place a few of those specifically higher than others.
    – Automatic pause for chat (all features).
    – Global pause button.
    – Rearranging presets with drag-and-drop.
    – Presets search and filters.
    – Scenario editor improvements.
    – Toggling AoE rotations for Assist Mode.
    – Crafting rotations designer.
    – Auto-enable Stack Desynthesis.
    – Inventory management.

Miqo is amazing as is but the items above have the most daily impact to at least my daily activities. Keep up the great work!

albryant
    albryant
    Participant

Quality of life is my number one choice followed by scenario engine updates.

KFC
    Participant

Quality of life is my choice as well. Especially single target, AOE target toggle.

Also another thing would be search mobs by names. Would be useful when searching s rank mobs.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  KFC.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  KFC.
    iNight
    iNight
    Participant

I actually want to vote for Triple Triad because it has an achievement with mount as the prize now, but I think quality of life would be more useful, so I vote for quality of life as well.

Ray
    Participant

My vote goes to quality of life, and I second what another here has said, that the UI could use an overhaul.

Thank you for taking the community voice into account.

syn3rgetic
    syn3rgetic
    Participant
    1+

QoL updates. 100%. These are long term investments. The sooner they are done, the easier everything else falls into place.

MTCruvinel
    MTCruvinel
    Participant
    2+

I also vote for QoL updates as well as improvements to the Assist mode like potions.

bahm
    Participant

QOL updates. Assist mode improvements like potions, or DNC rotation improvements are at the top of my list.

PotionSeller
    Participant

I’d like to cast a vote towards Scenario engine updates. The beta post mentions vendor npc interactions, could this also include the scrip vendors? So instead of having to use the scenarios which do not allow your mouse on the screen as they have to be precise we could have this feature built in so miqo knows which option we want it to select.

bottingfriend
    bottingfriend
    Participant

QoL, followed by Scenario Engine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Voting (June 2 – June 9, 2021)’ is closed to new replies.