Fishing wishlist

Forum Forums Discussion Fishing wishlist

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  whoisharuko 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    soviras
    soviras
    Participant
    4+

So as I have been fishing for a while, I have come across features that would be nice to have.
    These are just suggestions though, Miqo is already great enough as it is, so don’t feel forced to implement them.

I already mentioned two in another topic, namely intuition+mooch preset/bait options that activate when mooching during intuition and bite time windows to catch/ignore.

Since then, I tried catching many big fish, and I ran into some inconveniences, so these are suggestions to solve those and the situation to which they could apply.

Function: weatherBait/weatherPreset.
    Used for: Fishing in certain weather conditions using different bait/presets. This mainly applies to Diadem fish, as you may not want to have the same preset active during the weather that has big fish, but it can also apply to catching any fish with frequent weather based windows.

Function: holdCollectUntil/holdCollectFor/holdMoochUntil/holdMoochFor.
    Used for: Certain fish with mooch or intuition requirements depend on other fish with windows. One such fish is the Stethacanthus. This fish requires two sculptors, which have a window of their own that may not overlap with Stethacanthus window, to trigger intuition. These fish are also very rare. The easiest way to catch them is to have collect active, double hook them, and wait until Stethacanthus’ window opens, then reject the collection. This places them in your inventory, and triggers intuition. Similarly, a fish like the Ruby Dragon has a similar situation with the fish it gets mooched from, the Ku’er. You would ideally catch an HQ Ku’er beforehand, and then hold it until the window for Ruby Dragon starts before mooching it to guarantee at least one chance at catching the Ruby Dragon.

Function: switchBaitAfterCatching/switchPresetAfterCatching/switchBaitAfterIntuition/switchPresetAfterIntuition.
    Used for: Some fish, like the Sea Butterfly, require multiple fish to trigger intuition. The ideal bait for these fish is also different in some cases. You would want to use red balloons to catch the Sky Faeries, and the Giant Crane Fly for the Scorpionflies. You can also try to get Scorpionflies from mooching Sky Faeries, but after the third one it’s faster to switch to not mooch them and go for a straight catch with Double Hook. This would be possible with a preset change and a bait change after catching the 3 Sky Faeries when intuition isn’t active yet, and then again during and after intuition.

Feature: Double Hook for specific bite sizes and/or bite windows.
    Used for: Sometimes a fish you want to catch has a specific bite size, and you want to double hook it, but you don’t want to limit it to only catching the corresponding fish size. This would for instance be if you mooch a fish, and all fish from the mooch are desired, but the small bite is a fish with high value. As an example, this applies to the diadems Gobbiemask, which is worth a lot of points, but the other fish aren’t worth nearly as many, so you want to preserve the Double Hook for the small bite, but still get the other fish as well.

Feature: Precise/Powerful hook when patience is active, without reactivating patience.
    Used for: Some fish get intuition from a fish that is mooched, but the fish itself doesn’t require mooching. This would mean that if you trigger intuition, you might still have Patience active, and want to use the correct hook to avoid missing the catch, but you don’t want to have it reactivated when you don’t need it when you can better spend the GP on something else, like Chum.

Thank you for reading, and don’t worry too much about implementing these suggestions. They are just things that would be nice to have, but Miqo works well enough as it is for these situations with some extra manual oversight.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Catching legendaries used to be very painful and grindy in ARR, but it became something else since, the windows are short, meaning that if you do it manually, it shouldn’t feel like a grind and/or a chore, and therefore a bot in this situation is less useful I think.

It doesn’t mean that what you wished is useless, it is just that, since you will likely set up alarm for those, and get there by yourself, you might as well spend 5-10min to manually try to catch those, besides the one coming from the final patch of an expansion (the x.5), they’re all quick enough to catch, the difficulty being solving their requirements, which well known web sites do it for us anyway.

It’s just my personal view on those, I found out that the easiest and quickest way was just to set up alarms, get there, spend a couple of minute trying manually, that way I know I optimised fully the short window.
    Some of the hardest from HW had long windows for which I used Miqo, but since those, it’s really only short windows.
    And before they add the exclamation points to tell us which tug it is, I used to check Miqo Monitor Tab, where even if you’re not using her to catch fish, she still gives you the fish size, that helped me a lot to manually catch those fish. I wouldn’t have done that if it meant spending more than 12min doing it though.

I was just bringing this for the cost/usefulness ratio of the development of such features.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, we are currently working on gathering updates, and Big Fishing is one of the areas under research for improvements.
    We won’t promise to implement all of the suggestions, but we will use your examples for better understanding of the advanced techniques used by the players.

Thank you for your feedback very much!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Short windows also become a grind after a day of running after them all around the world. Scenarios are actually amazing in this case because you can simply afkUntil() the next window and let Miqo wake up to alarms instead of you. I support this wishlist quite a few bright ideas here.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

I guess for people starting today with barely no legendaries fish caught already, it must be pretty daunting, and can look to what you described, “a day of running after them all around the world”.

What I was saying was more for players up to date patch wise, it’s down to a low number of scattered short windows, and really doesn’t look like a grind, ~10min every couple of days, here and there.

grief
    Participant

Bite size check boxes for double hook would be great, especially for the ocean fishing. Optimizing your GP usage to get a high score is key.

I was using aquabot for fishing that i found on elitepvpers forum and it does have a few nice features you might want to consider adding. especially the time and weather windows as soviras also suggested. Being able to fish in certain windows based on weather or game time is really nice.

Bearhook
    Bearhook
    Participant

Something small that I would like – an option to limit cast time, cancelling with a hook if it goes past that.

Saves time and bait when trying to catch something that only shows up early in a cast. Eg thinker’s coral for the skysteel tool +1 only appears within the first ~13 seconds, but if it’s not a coral then the cast can go on significantly longer. If I was fishing manually I would just use a macro that casts hook 13 seconds after cast (unless interrupted by a precision hookset).

It’s probably fairly limited in usefulness, though.

whoisharuko
    Participant

+1 for cast time based hooking. Specifying a time window in seconds would be extremely useful, such as only hook after x seconds, recast after y seconds. Additionally, I could see use for a string based match to use Identical Cast, then optionally double hook immediately after.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.