Triple Triad

Forum Forums Discussion Triple Triad

This topic contains 38 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Ray 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

pussyfoot
    Participant
    3+

I’m seeing an announcement for development a few years ago, but not finding any current discussion. Is this still a plan?

Xion
    Participant
    1+

No one cares about Triple Triad πŸ™‚
    Joking aside, I’d imagine this is pretty low priority as I don’t really see a big demand for it here on forums. Miqo team rarely removes plans for development but re-prioritize depends on community demands.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

Yes, Triple Triad support is planned, but at the moment it is not a priority.
    There hasn’t been a lot of requests to increase its priority in the past few years.

But of course, our development plans are driven by the community demand.
    If the majority of users supports your suggestion, we can start working on it.

Here is the current view of the roadmap for the next few months: Upcoming Features
    The standard development cycle of each feature pack is 4-8 weeks.
    If you would like Triple Triad support to become a priority, please let us know which of these features we should postpone.

pussyfoot
    Participant
    2+

If others aren’t interested, I understand. I’m a big fan of what you have planned. Just Triple Triad is one of my personal desires. Drop rates are so numbingly low it would be nice to farm some of the rare cards.

zeroshadow
    Participant
    1+

+1 for TT.

Andylynyn
    Participant

The question to ask the Miqo team here is:

How hard would it be to implement it, in terms of resources and time? Would it need a full 4 week development cycle as well, or is it something of a more simple nature?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  Andylynyn.

Kim_Lee
    Participant

She already told us the standard is 4 – 8 weeks. With how perfect they like for their features to be something that may seem simple could still take 4 – 8 weeks.

Andylynyn
    Participant
    1+

She already told us the standard is 4 – 8 weeks. With how perfect they like for their features to be something that may seem simple could still take 4 – 8 weeks.

Which is why I still asked directly, for a reply from the source instead of speculating.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Triple Triad is approximately on the same level of complexity as Crafting Solver.
    This game can only be solved with a brute-force algorithm. Due to the amount of factors and rules to be implemented, it will be the toughest MGP feature request.

It will take a standard development cycle of 4-8 weeks to make a beta version and probably a few additional cycles to support all possible rules and card deck compositions.

iNight
    iNight
    Participant
    1+

I’ve been using Triad Buddy to win against NPC. It calculate best deck for selected NPC, and which card to put at which place. It would be nice if we can automate it though. It’s available on github, so maybe miqo can implement their algorithm here? Sometimes it really hard to get certain cards from NPC even after winning more than a hundred times.

Kim_Lee
    Participant

Miqobot already stated before that she doesn’t incorporate other code into her own. Everything she does comes directly from the team done the way they want for the best possible build.

iNight
    iNight
    Participant
    1+

Did I say code? I said algorithm, which is the logic. The code would be totally different because Triad Buddy is using image recognition instead of reading memory.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Indeed, there is no need to design a Triple Triad solving algorithm from scratch since it has been already implemented in several open-source projects.
    The estimate of 4-8 weeks is given in consideration of this fact.

When you vote in favor of Triple Triad support (or any other feature), please don’t forget to mention the location on the roadmap you would prefer. We have to understand the demand in comparison to other features in order to adjust the development plans accordingly.

iNight
    iNight
    Participant
    1+

Although I’d love to see triple triad support, I think it should be on low priority. Maybe somewhere after blue mage, if you decide to make blue mage support. Personally, I only need triple triad support to collect cards from NPC, because if for MGP, minigames are still the best.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by iNight iNight.
    jponry
    jponry
    Participant

I vote for Triple Triad before BLU, because of the grindy nature of collecting cards from NPCs. Some drop rates are very low (i.e. Bahamut from King Elmer(?) in Gold Saucer) and I’d love for Miqo to be able to automate this. But of course, other features are more important at the moment, so ultimately I’d consider Triple Triad low priority.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.