Blue Mage Support

Forum Forums Discussion Blue Mage Support

This topic contains 20 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

bottybot
    Participant
    5+

It seems quite basic, ok for levelling as people have said. Is there going to be any further support for spells and DPS/tank/healer combinations? With the next additions to BLU it would be great if more support would be given. Not sure there is the numbers of people wanting it though?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    7+

Yes, Blue Mage support is planned, but at the moment it is not a priority.
    During the past year, there was only two questions regarding BLU including this one. Therefore its priority has not increased.

But of course, our development plans are driven by the community demand.
    If the majority of users support your suggestion, we will start working on Blue Mage rotation upgrade.

Here is the current view of the roadmap for the next few months: Upcoming Features
    The standard development cycle of each feature pack is 4-8 weeks.
    If you would like Blue Mage support to become a priority, please let us know which of these features we should postpone.

fisher187
    Participant
    3+

Please add my vote for the BLUE MAGE support / leveling. 😀

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Thank you for your feedback very much.
    When you vote in favor of Blue Mage support (or any other feature), please don’t forget to mention the location on the roadmap you would prefer. We have to understand the demand in comparison to other features in order to adjust the development plans accordingly.

albryant
    albryant
    Participant

I’m fine with leaving the schedule as is, my only question is, is there a list somewhere on what BLUE spells Miqo currently supports? I’ve noticed she’ll use some spells and completely ignore others.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

Miqobot knows the following Blue Mage spells:
    – Blood Drain
    – Water Cannon
    – Plaincracker
    – Mind Blast
    – Bomb Toss (requires placement macro setup)
    – Off-guard
    – Bristle
    – Toad Oil
    – White Wind
    – Lucid Dreaming

Self-destruct combo (9+ enemies):
    – Acorn Bomb + Toad Oil + Bristle + Peculiar Light + remove Mighty Guard + Self-destruct

1000 Needles combo (under the effect of Mighty Guard):
    – Swiftcast (when available) + 1000 Needles
    – Sticky Tongue (when out of range) + Faze + 1000 Needles

If a spell from the combo is not present on hotbar, it will be omitted.
    This list may be viable for leveling Blue Mage until about level 40, but it stops being useful after 50+.

Archangel
    Archangel
    Spectator
    3+

I’d like to also vote for BLU support.

As for priority, I’d like to see it somewhere before Endwalker. For the simple reason once Endwalker drops everyone will be clamoring for Sage and ??? Support.

ps34pc
    Participant

so does combat assit work for Blu? or it just cant cast all the spells?

spellure
    Participant

Yeah, it technically works but only uses specific spells.

IMO i am strongly against prioritizing BLU support. It’s side content meant to be a fun distraction from the “main game”. It’s for memes and giggles, and it’s something to learn and figure out with plenty of guides out there to support. It’s not a core combat class and it’s not a grind like crafting, it’s definitely not something that should be prioritized over everything else on the roadmap. (I’d even opine that BLU isn’t content that should be touched by miqobot at all, since it’s legitimately not essential to any part of the game, but that’s just my opinion)

(Also as a software dev, I just appreciate the constant backlog grooming that miqobot does while explaining to it’s customers how prioritization works, how resources are managed for development, and how saying you want X means you have to say “I want Y and Z pushed back by (x) Months”. Y’all are awesome!)

Archangel
    Archangel
    Spectator
    1+

Just an FYI all of those guides…like literally all of them are outdated and tell you to use a fixed exploit or just say stupid shit like “How to level fast” “Have a friend power level you”.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Archangel Archangel.

spellure
    Participant

You’re specifically referring to leveling, which yeah just sums up to “be leveled up by someone”.

What the OP was asking for was for role/skill support expansion. There’s plenty of guides out there for that, and i’m glad to share resources i have if anyone is interested.

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    7+

TL;DR at the bottom to save everyone some time:
    All righty, since this has somehow become a BLU vs. TT thread, I’ll just cast my vote for BLU. I’d much more prefer BLU support since the Morbol Mount is more interesting to me than any TT card collectibles. Miqo helped me get my Eden mount and I would like to continue the fancy mount collection with her help. And tbh I don’t even really need that much Miqo support on BLU to be satisfied (just add Song of Torment (and Nightbloom if available) upkeep and some filler spell support and the rest can be handled via a macro and a manual press here and there, in cases like Supurnakha (sp?)). You can easily out DPS everyone in a PF group with a single macro as it is (the caveat being it only works if you have Water Canon active, which takes up a slot,) but you have to keep Song of Torment up on your own and sometimes with mechanics it gets lost in everything that’s going on. That has been made easier with Nightbloom, though, and the minute-long DoT phase. But still, if BLU just had support for filler spells so that Miqo would use whichever one you have active at the time to free up Water Canon for another spell, then you could still use the macro method for some kind of BLU combat rotation. it would be fantastic if Miqo supported the filler spells, Song of Torment, AND Nightbloom so that there weren’t any weird overlaps with you forgetting and trying to shoehorn NB in at certain points. BLU healing support would be nice, maybe instead of coming up with a way for Miqo to determine what stance you’re in we can toggle something in the Miqo UI, much like Blind Positionals and Gap Closers are now. Just toggle “Blu Healer” and then if you have ”Pom Cure/Stotram/Angel’s Snack/Gobskin” on the bar Miqo will use those in much the same way she would determine usage as a WHM (with shields lol.)
    BLU Healer support on Miqo would be incredibly OP.

Macro Example (if you use it, remember to change the double apostrophes to quotation marks):

/micon ‘‘Water Cannon’‘ blueaction
    /merror off
    /blueaction ‘‘Quasar’‘ (or ‘‘J-Kick’‘ if preferred)
    /blueaction ‘‘Eruption’‘ <t>
    /blueaction ‘‘Shock Strike’‘ <t>
    /blueaction ‘‘Glass Dance’‘ <t>
    /blueaction ‘‘The Rose of Destruction’‘ <t>
    /blueaction ‘‘Magic Hammer’‘ <t>
    /blueaction ‘‘Devour’‘ <t>
    /blueaction ‘‘Blaze’‘ <t>

Then you just manually pop off Matra Magic/Supurnakha,Tingle-Bristle-Trident manually when necessary. This works because, as said before on these forums over the years, Miqo doesn’t spam GCD presses, so she doesn’t have the same issue that a human player has when trying to use Macro buttons in a fight (the funky queue system and how it interacts with macros.) Miqo presses the macro once exactly when the GCD is off CD, thus combat macros can be used near-flawlessly without stopping the GCD. So, if Miqo supported SoT and NB for DoT upkeep, trials and boss fights would be smooth sailing. AoE management for mobs, that would be a nice icing on the cake down the road, but I’m mostly concerned with trial rotations & utility at the moment.

TL;DR – Vote +1 for BLU, and honestly I’d even be grateful for just an update that supports Song of Torment upkeep. Not that it wouldn’t be nifty to see Miqo kicking some ass in TT, but, like, TriadBuddy exists so TT feels like a very low priority to me.

Roadmap priorities:
    1.) Lv.80 Combat Rotations
    1.5)Song of Torment upkeep (Nightbloom if we’re lucky) support 😛
    2.) QoL Updates (because I imagine this would include the rotation customization and such, but if I’m wrong this can be bumped down behind Gathering. Since it’s a BLU thread, though, I’m also considering Filler Spell support (Blaze, Electrogenesis, Abyssal Transfixion, etc.) as a Quality of Life update as well ^^;)
    3.) Scenario Engine Updates (after years of adventuring with Miqo… it’s time, the ScenEng needs some love.)
    4.) More Gathering Updates

Nirvana Flame
    Nirvana Flame
    Participant
    1+

I don’t care at all about BLU support and if there was ever a vote on what to do next, I’d rather have TT.

pussyfoot
    Participant

I don’t care at all about BLU support and if there was ever a vote on what to do next, I’d rather have TT.

+1 to this.

ps34pc
    Participant

Do you have any other Blu macros you can share?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.