Any plan to add Matoya's Relict

Forum Forums Discussion Any plan to add Matoya's Relict

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

BaldManJoe
    Participant

Would love to see this added to trusts!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

At the moment we have no plans to implement a new (Lv80) Trust Dungeon support.
    We already have (Lv80) Heroes’ Gauntlet in the list of supported dungeons and implementing algorithms for a similar one would not add anything new to Miqobot. Considering that a single dungeon takes a full development cycle of 4-8 weeks, this is probably not the most efficient use of time before Endwalker.

Would you please clarify your request?
    Why would you prefer a different dungeon over the one Miqobot already supports?

Archangel
    Archangel
    Spectator

Why would you prefer a different dungeon over the one Miqobot already supports?

Not OP, but likely because the latest dungeon always has the highest iLvl dungeon gear drops.

But OP needs to realize in 2 days Matoya’s Relict will no longer be the newest and therefore highest dungeon. The new dungeon dropping in 5.5 will be Paglth’an.

Now if feasible I would like to see Paglth’an added as it will likely be the highest iLvl and and newest dungeon until Endwalker drops whish is almost certainly at least 6 months away.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    7+

I said it before and id like to say it again. Spending several months on something that will get outdated later is a waste of precious development time. Id like to see new scenario functions before Endwalker instead. Its been sitting in the backlog for a few years now.

Archangel
    Archangel
    Spectator

I said it before and id like to say it again. Spending several months on something that will get outdated later is a waste of precious development time. Id like to see new scenario functions before Endwalker instead. Its been sitting in the backlog for a few years now.

Well lucky for us you aren’t the only vote. I’m going to lay pretty good odds that most people aren’t doing a ton of fancy stuff with miqo, they’re likely just using basic functions. They don’t really need fancy scenario tools that only a handful of hardcores will ever use. They just want to keep the game basic functionality moving forward updated.

Also any major changes prior to Endwalker is likely a fools errand considering that a lot of things will probably change and break your fancy new features anyway.

Also, just because you don’t personally want something does not make it a waste of “precious development time”.

tomarnk
    Participant
    1+

I’ll second Lyfox. QoL updates or scenario stuff makes Miqo a little better forever.

Another trust 6 months away from an expac spends 5 weeks making a feature most people probably won’t use in 6 months.

I’d love a lot of different dungeons supported but at the pace the Miqo team implements them (not being negative to the team, just saying the 5 week production cycles make me selective if desired features,) I think the current priorities are best long term.

dana
    Participant

Would love to see this added to trusts!

No.

Fara
    Participant

I do apologize that I chime in, this is also a new post and I am a new user.
    I personally only use mainly miqo for trusts so far and I do wish to add that Matoya and the new dungeon will be the new Expert dungeons until 6.0 drops. Gauntlet will be outshelved and lose massively the number of Tomes it drops, making it really not that effective anymore at capping weekly tomes. (9 runs vs 15 ones. which raises the time needed to cap the weekly to 7,5h according to my math and experience. Not speaking of the secondary tomes either.)
    This makes it literally not only unviable as an effective method of capping tomes, but also less effective than literally doing nothing by oneself in the trust dungeon. If it cuts development time, maybe this could be considered as a potential short-term solution to please maybe both sides. If this is absolutely not possible I would love to know asap so I can adjust. I planned to use miqo for the long-term weekly cap grind on alts since it was more viable than my previous method.

Xion
    Participant
    1+

Well lucky for us you aren’t the only vote. I’m going to lay pretty good odds that most people aren’t doing a ton of fancy stuff with miqo, they’re likely just using basic functions. They don’t really need fancy scenario tools that only a handful of hardcores will ever use. They just want to keep the game basic functionality moving forward updated.

Also any major changes prior to Endwalker is likely a fools errand considering that a lot of things will probably change and break your fancy new features anyway.

Also, just because you don’t personally want something does not make it a waste of “precious development time”.

However, spending 1-2 month of development on a dungeon that will be outdated in.. say 6 months is a waste of time when scenario functionality or other things has a greater benefit and value for the whole. You can still use Miqo in these dungeons, just not fully automated (combat assist still works).

Also your second point: Yes it is true anything in Miqo today will break on 6.0, but there is a shorter development to fix all function vs spending months on something no one will use again.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Xion.
    Archangel
    Archangel
    Spectator
    1+

However, spending 1-2 month of development on a dungeon that will be outdated in.. say 6 months is a waste of time when scenario functionality or other things has a greater benefit and value for the whole. You can still use Miqo in these dungeons, just not fully automated (combat assist still works).

Also your second point: Yes it is true anything in Miqo today will break on 6.0, but there is a shorter development to fix all function vs spending months on something no one will use again.

So…

Someone tell me what these vague scenario enhancements are that you are all voting for and why they are the bestest thing ever? Because honestly to me it sounds like some vague fantasy of miqo doing magical things with no concrete info.

Also, using the logic you guys are using, Miqo should never have another dungeon added ever since at some point it will be obsolete.

Xion
    Participant
    1+

Also, using the logic you guys are using, Miqo should never have another dungeon added ever since at some point it will be obsolete.

Huge difference having a dungeon that provide value (exp for example) for years vs having 1 dungeon extra that will be obselete in 6 months or so.

And having more functionality to scenario engine benefits everyone since the power of this bot is from the community builds custom scenarios.

You have to remember this is a small development team and they have limited resources and should put their development time in things that matters for the whole, not a handful of people who want a extra dungeon that again will be obselete 3-4 months after being implemented.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Xion.

Fara
    Participant

Then in all honesty, what are these features and where can they be voted for? How many people is “Whole”, how much is too few users?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

This makes it literally not only unviable as an effective method of capping tomes, but also less effective than literally doing nothing by oneself in the trust dungeon. If it cuts development time, maybe this could be considered as a potential short-term solution to please maybe both sides.

If Miqobot does not avoid AoE omens and boss mechanics, she will be constantly wiping and will never clear the dungeon. We are sorry, but this is not a viable solution.

If this is absolutely not possible I would love to know asap so I can adjust.

When you subscribe for Miqobot, you should consider only the currently available features.
    Our development plans are driven by the community demand, therefore we will not be able to answer whether it’s possible until the majority of the community voices their opinion. And in order for this to happen, first we have to upgrade Miqobot for Patch 5.5 and implement the necessary hotfixes (which usually takes 1-3 weeks) and conduct a proper voting period (which will take another week).
    So please adjust your plans accordingly.

Someone tell me what these vague scenario enhancements are that you are all voting for and why they are the bestest thing ever? Because honestly to me it sounds like some vague fantasy of miqo doing magical things with no concrete info.

An approximate list of new scenario features is available in the main thread:
    [Beta] Scenario Scripting Engine – Planned Functions

Then in all honesty, what are these features

The current view of the roadmap is available in the development section:
    Upcoming Features

and where can they be voted for?

There is no feature with an active voting period at the moment.
    There are several feedback threads which are used to collect opinions on whether a certain feature should be considered in the near future. This thread is now included in the list.

When we finish the current development cycle, we will initiate a voting period for the next one.

tomarnk
    Participant

So…

The things that immediately come to mind (understand that QoL improvements are probably a list of 50+ things)
    The ability to chat while the bot is running (stealthy botting is healthy botting) without having to stop and restart. Possibly with notifications if being targeted or chatted with. Mainly the QoL work is mostly “under the hood” updates that will likely help other things down the road. The work done to change how the bot works in order to allow it to chat for example, will likely allow for other features we may not be thinking of.

On the scenario side, the ability to buy things from a vendor without using sendkey() which would allow people to make scenarios for buying things allowing for better community sourced scenarios such as spending your tomes you farmed or spending GC seals. It would also likely allow for a reliable function to send out retainers with the same code. It also means we don’t need to put the bot in a window and never put our mouse on the screen. While you and others may not code, you may be able to start leveraging scenarios provided by the community if they were more reliable.

Planned gathering updates will include fishing improvements like ocean fishing which can help in leveling, and achievements.

All of the above are things I personally think will matter more long term. There are more but those are ideas of longer term things.

As far as dungeon logic. Level 71/75 dungeons this expac as well as 81/85 dungeons next expac have staying power. People will need to level main and alt jobs and there will always be people picking up new jobs or new people starting to expand into that. So those have long term sustainability.

A level 70/80 or next expac level 90 dungeons are good for 1 level of actual leveling and for farming tomes. Tome farming has diminishing returns as every subsequent dungeon reduces the yield from the dungeon the Miqobot team codes. If it took 1 week to add a dungeon support I’d be all about it, but a month or two of dev time for a level 80 that’s more efficient for tomes for 6 months doesn’t resonate for me personally. I’m not saying we have to agree, and we likely won’t, but that is the logic on “not this dungeon.” It isn’t about “no dungeons” just not this one. If heroes still gives tomes at least we have an option, albeit an inefficient one. Best bang for the buck from my perspective.

As always, there will be a vote once the current feature (level 80 rotations/skills) hit in a week or so, and community demand and feedback will dictate where this all goes. People use this bot for many reasons and as far as I’ve seen, the Miqobot team is pretty good at getting the general pulse of the community. They also likely have usage data and analytics on bot usage I never will.

I hope this helps explain my perspective.

dana
    Participant

Gief that juicy scenario functions /drool

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.