Chocobo Racing

Forum Forums Discussion Chocobo Racing

This topic contains 80 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Zankul Zankul 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    gregye
    gregye
    Participant

one of the best combo for abilitys is speedy recovery III + Choco Cure III
    That way you will get 21.7% stamina back

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

Here is a R-300, its not perfect but I win with it tons.
    As I’ve said before I would suggest just making your own, then itll work perfect with your choco build.

Thanks! I’ve tried recording my own, but it turned out weird for whatever reason. Choco wasn’t acting exactly as it should’ve, dunno what’s the cause.

Nonagave
    Participant
    1+

I create a new set of Waypoints for each chocobos and their different abilities, and then test the waypoints to make sure its what I want, and if not, recreate …

Also I use Pulover’s Macro Creator along with a few waypoints for the same level and map, each one a little different then the other. I set Miqobot to run one race, and use the Pulover’s Macro Creator to pick a different waypoint for each race and to have it start the race, anyone in a race with me, or if Square Enix is watching somehow, they’ll see I do not behave they same way within each race. … how my the waypoint differ, sometimes I jump over the bad Panels, other runs I squeeze by them to the left or right … and do the same with the ‘bad guys’ that stand in the way.

Here are a few good tips; when you create your own waypoints, keep out of the SE bots way by sticking to the other side of the track and let them destroy each other and not you. also if you’re not winning 90% plus of your races you’ll need to put some time into breeding … and with breeding, you can only hold one of the ‘pickup papers’ they give you at a time, but you can dump that paper on a retainer and and go back and breed another … so you can breed one for each retainer you have and one on yourself, so when you have your stack of baby chocobos register one, and if you don’t like the stats, retire it, and try the next one… there is no reason to level/race one with bad stats unless you want it for breeding.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

I’m sorry to interrupt your discussion 🙂

I wanted to let the OP @codebreaker86 know that we have implemented the parameter to adjust steering in Chocobo Racing. It is available in Miqobot v1.2.4, but it’s hidden by default. In order to enable it, please follow the guide on Steer Power.

Yeah, I’ve got W for forward. The bot says nothing. It *did* say it didn’t understand my custom keybind for jump, which I fixed, but nothing about not being able to accelerate.

An issue wherein Miqobot would not be able to Accelerate with non-English keyboard layout should be fixed as well.

Hey Miqobot,

Not sure if this has been said, but would be really nice if the bot knew when to use certain abilities.
    ATM I have Choco Cure III. (Which is great) But no use using it at the start of a race!
    Thanks!

New features to control Abilities Timing, as well as Accelerate and Decelerate conditions, are now available.

CodeBreaker86
    Participant

Thanks Miqobot-Team for the great work and this fantastic new update 🙂

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

and with breeding, you can only hold one of the ‘pickup papers’ they give you at a time, but you can dump that paper on a retainer and and go back and breed another … so you can breed one for each retainer you have and one on yourself, so when you have your stack of baby chocobos register one, and if you don’t like the stats, retire it, and try the next one… there is no reason to level/race one with bad stats unless you want it for breeding.

Ah thats how you do it. I didnt know this retainer trick. Thanks!

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

What do you guys think? Should I keep this one or should I keep going?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Imo its a very good bird especially if you get Choco Cure III along the way. Cunning is not about strafing (according to the guide I follow). Its about performance on rough terrain which is either water or steep uphills. So if you stay away from Costa and Tranquil you should be fine. Since Sagolii has no water and almost no uphills.

The guide itself:

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

That bird is perfect. I love it, im super jealous. With that you’ll beat everything and win tons. Congrats!
    How long did that take you?
    How many breeds?

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

I didn’t take notes, but it’s been quite a bit of breeds since I got to G9. I’ve been doing a lot of inbreeding with the retainer trick, and so far this is the best one I got. I’ve decided to keep going though. Cunning could’ve been higher, and I might get Foul weather preference, though I’m not fixated on it.

The plan is to rank this one up and breed it with father, who’s got lower but still decent stats. If I don’t get better chocobo by the time father runs out of breeding attempts (he doesn’t have much left), I’ll rank up one of their male offspring and set it up with this one. Shouldn’t take too much effort, with bot and all.

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

Sounds great! 😀 Congrats in advance!
    Did you do many breeds after you hit G9? or is this the baby you got as soon as you reached G9? 🙂
    Mine has 4 stars in everything BUT 1 single star in endurance, I will be breeding it at SOME point..

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

Did you do many breeds after you hit G9?

I’ve been doing a lot of inbreeding, it’s rather trivial, really. Fire up a Netflix and leave the grind to Miqo. Regarding stats, if one of those is not 4 stars then it doesn’t matter – even 3 stars is still a failure. All that matters is to get maximum stars in an offspring. Mix chocobos up with one another, choosing ones with most 4-stars, and your chances to get the ultimate choco will gradually improve.

And on that note, I present to you my latest creation. With that I believe my journey is complete.

Azatael
    Participant

Okay guys, I hope this thread isn’t dead. I’m currently using the trial version of Miqobot, seriously considering subbing.

I need some help setting up my own choco waypoints for R-300. I was using FTAC 14s and testing them, but some jump timings and pathings could be improved, imo. His paths tend to net me from 7th to 3rd place, with the occasional 1st, 2nd and when shit hits the fan, 8th.

Now, I believe that unless I get about a 70% win ratio or more on R-300, for MGP farming purposes, it’s better to just spam the Out on a Limb games on Morbol diffculty… right?

Anyhow, I could use some help setting up the waypoints, if you could be so kind.

PS: Choco itself isn’t an issue, I went through the hurdle of training one to (almost) perfection as I was ranking it up to G9:

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by  Azatael.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

pirsel
    Participant

how to use your preset guys? sorry i’m new and lost :’

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Just press that share button, there you can import and export presets. They have a guide: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-import-export/

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.