Chocobo Racing

Forum Forums Discussion Chocobo Racing

This topic contains 80 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Zankul Zankul 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
  • Author

CodeBreaker86
    Participant

Hello, first of all great work, i really like Miqobot.

For some reasons while using Miqo my chocobo tends to walk on the racing tracks as if he had too much wine.
    Miqo seems to slightly miss the tracks while using waypoints walking in snake lines. Could this be from my settings or
    are there any problems for miqobot to get the correct way?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Let’s note that steering in Chocobo Racing involves a lot of randomness. A partial list of factors would be:

• Chocobo stats
    • Weather
    • Debuffs applied
    • Network latency
    • FPS
    • CPU Load

Without cheats it’s impossible to follow waypoints with 100% precision. And Miqobot doesn’t use cheats, only basic controls. But she does her best trying to accommodate to your environment considering all the factors involved.

Walking in snake lines is inevitable.
    So the main question would be: Do you hate Miqobot for doing that?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Also, if you could provide more information, we would be able to reproduce your environment closer and see whether we should adjust the underlying math.

1. What stats does your chocobo have?
    2. What class do you participate in?
    3. Does your chocobo have any undistributed stats?
    4. Do you use one of the basic presets? Or have you recorded your own waypoints? If you have your own, would you please export them to text file and upload here?
    5. What is your average ping to server?
    6. What is your average FPS?
    7. Does walking in snake lines happen all the time? Or like 50% of the time?
    8. Does it make Miqobot fall into traps often?
    9. What place does Miqobot usually take in the end?
    10. If you disable rails and waypoints on 3D Radar, does Miqobot perform better?

Thank you 🙂

CodeBreaker86
    Participant
    1+

Thx for the fast answer and for your main question: No i dont hate Miqobot for not using cheats 😀
    It just slows chocobos down switching lanes (depending on his or her cunning stat) so often so i tried to understand if it’s a problem with my settings and if there is something i can do to help Miqo keep the lane.

1. My last chocobo was pedigree 3 and had 150 Speed and around 80-90 on the other stats. Retired him last night so cant tell exactly right now :(. Happened also with my pedigree 2 Chocobo who has stats aroung 70-80 equally distributed.

2. My last chocobo participated in R-100 and R-120 at the end.

3. It differs, sometimes i have 5 open points but i tend to spent them as fast as possible.

4. I am using the basic presets currently but recorded Waypoints for R-80 (who also tend to work on 100)

5. 26 ms

6. 20-25 FPS 🙁

7. Around 50-75% mostly on straight track parts.

8. From time to time she tends to push the chocobo on red or purple plates because of this. Monsters on the track have their own randomness so its a bit of luck if she evades or hits them.

9. Even with the problems she tends to get to place 4-5 sometimes better sometimes worse.

10. I mostly race without the rails and waypoints but it seems to make no difference.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you very much!
    I will ask our developers to take a look at your issue. Most likely, it can be fixed with a simple input parameter which you will be able to adjust for yourself. Keep an eye on updates 🙂

staticecho
    Participant
    4+

Uhm, no offense but you said your issue yourself… “It just slows chocobos down switching lanes (depending on his or her cunning stat) ” its not the bot, its your chocobos cunning stat. to ask them to fix that issue would be making the bot become injection based to edit your chocobos cunning for that single race. Pedigree 9 chocobo here currently running r-180 and coming between 5th and 1st every race. if your having an issue dodging plates like for example, you set the track to jump over a plate but when you do the actual race you jump too soon or too late, that’s your internet connection and the bot trying to keep up with the lag. here are my tracks that I’ve been using since the bot got chocobo racing when I was at pedigree 7.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Whoa this is huge! you should’ve noted that it’s a whole bunch in here, definitely deserves a new topic. My choco reached R80 yesterday and I was going to learn recording but got curious whether it was on the forums yet. Man that’s a full set of waypoints R80 through R240! Thanks a lot!

Im wondering if there’s a way to upgrade them just a little. I would like to add a couple of jumps for those chests hanging in the air.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, there is a way.

You can use any text editor with JSON formatting. For example, this one: http://jsonviewer.stack.hu/
    Racing waypoints are stored in a single JSON line. Copy and paste that line into the editor window and press Format. Make any adjustments you want, then press Remove White Space. Copy and paste the resulting line back into your presets file, and it’s ready. Import this into Miqobot as usual, and she would never tell the difference.

I think we should post a guide about editing JSON in our Help section 🙂

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster
    1+

Oh, these chocobo races! Thank you very much for them!^^ I was so lazy to make them and now there is no need to 🙂
    Also to have guide about editing JSON would be really nice!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

It worked, thanks! Now Im always first or second in R80 thats cool! Just went to Forgotten Springs and watched that orange progress line on 3dradar to figure out the numbers. Uploading jumps if you want to check em out.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

Thanks so much for this grids!
    I’m just starting out choco racing, currently on pedigree 4?
    I’ve NO IDEA if im raising the choco correctly.
    Anyone know short easy guides? Or have any tips?
    Ive seen one guide but its super intense!

Do i have to feed EVERY pedigree choco max training?

Thanks!

arenium
    Participant

Will any of these work for the challenges?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Why would you want to grind challenges? they’re a one time deal, you don’t receive any rewards after beating once. Just get through them and move on lol.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    5+

About raising chocobos. Maybe we’re talking about the same thing here but I’ve been using this guide: https://ffxivchocoboracing.wordpress.com/

A short version would be:
    – there’s no difference when breeding at rank 40 vs rank 50;
    – there’s no point in feeding chocobos until pedigree 9 (any feeding bonus is discarded when they breed);
    – the only real value is stars;
    – stars define the overall potential of your chocobo and they pass through generations;
    – each chocobo has a 25% rate to pass its stars to its grandchildren;
    – each chocobo has a 50% rate to pass its hereditary ability to its children;
    – if you don’t like the breeding result, you can try again (wait another 6 hours);
    – each retired chocobo can breed up to 10 times;
    – inbreeding is practically the only way to get a 20 star pedigree 9;
    – even on pedigree 9, there’s no point in feeding until your choco gets the best ability;
    – chocobo gets a random ability at each rank up after rank 10;
    – use Lethe Water to make it forget the ability you don’t like and rank up again;
    – best abilities don’t have manuals (e.g. Choco Dash III can be learned only through ranking randomly);
    – if you don’t get the ability you want till you hit 50, you have to start over.

There’s also an advice to stop at R-240 with max possible stats and not pursue R-300. Because in the end our goal is to farm MGP efficiently, and R-240 is like 95% of R-300 reward so why bother.

If I remember anything important I’ll update the info.

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

Thanks Lyfox! This helps alot! I think i’m getting the jist of it now!
    Any thoughts on this?
    This is my last choco I just made.
    https://gyazo.com/b46f94fb282506050f6f8498d856dfeb
    Currently leveling him up, he is level 16 with Hereditary choco dash II 🙁

• This reply was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by Goblin.jpg Goblin.jpg.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.