Chocobo Racing

Forum Forums Discussion Chocobo Racing

This topic contains 80 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Zankul Zankul 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Thanks Lyfox! This helps alot! I think i’m getting the jist of it now!
    Any thoughts on this?
    This is my last choco I just made.
    https://gyazo.com/b46f94fb282506050f6f8498d856dfeb
    Currently leveling him up, he is level 16 with Hereditary choco dash II πŸ™

Hey Morbol Green! Definitely should keep him just for the color lol.
    But seriously, I think these are very good stars at pedigree 3. Mine has a couple of 1 star lines and still it races pretty good. You should definitely keep this one for inbreeding later. And don’t bother with Choco Dash III for now, since you would have to pass it with 50% rate to every next pedigree. It’s like getting BiS – best to do at the endgame stage. Choco Dash II is perfect for this birdie.

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

Yeah it’s a lovely colour! πŸ˜€
    Okay so I’m currently leveling this one up.
    But what about the stars? I need to get more acceleration in there right?! But how without loosing other stars :/
    Going to breed this today hopefully!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Hopefully yeah, you should try getting more acceleration. A possible option would be to buy a lot of breeding permissions, till you get an ultimate 20 star breeding bird. But it would be able to breed only once so it’s not very practical.

Achieving a BiS star chocobo is a long and tedious road as I understand. You’d have to choose one stat and maximize it first. Then you choose the next one and maximize it as well and so on. Let’s say you want Stamina 4 stars. First you get it from random rolls and raise this choco (no matter the pedigree). You need to raise a sire and a dam this way. After that you breed them twice and then inbreed their children, because stars pass through a generation. This is the point where you get a perfect gene pool for Stamina.

Then you do the same process for Acceleration 4 stars, and so on. Overall it means raising two chocobo lines, male and female.

Here’s a short version: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=72

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

Oh god that sounds like a lot of breeding! :O
    I didn’t know it would be like that!
    All i’ve been doing so far is leveling, buy a bunch of G9 slips from the seller and choosing the best ‘i think’ then breeding that.
    then repeating.
    This is the child I just got.
    https://gyazo.com/8453b0b52e1bd835d82530f916dd7167

CodeBreaker86
    Participant

No need for breeding a Grade 3 Chocobo with a Grade 9 chocobo. If you breed with the same Pedigree the Fledgling will always be the next Pedigree Level.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Yeah that’s an important information I forgot to mention about. Breeding with the same Grade is enough to get +1 pedigree. Good point.
    Grats on getting Choco Calm III! As long as you get frenzied at least once during the race it’s a very good stamina bonus.

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

Alright cool! Thanks guys! πŸ˜€
    Hopefully I’ll have enough info to get a BiS choco!
    So first work on getting perigree 9. Then work on stars, then lately stats correct?
    Sorry for being super noob about this. :3
    I think I want Head Start and Choco Calm III at the end. But we’ll see. It’s still early on πŸ™

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Yup correct. You can start working on stars whenever you like since they are random and do not depend on pedigree. Though I’m not sure, maybe higher breeding Grades give you better 4 star rates. Anyway getting pedigree 9 first is the best decision because it unlocks all the racing content and lets you farm more MGP for your breeding program.

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant
    1+

Hey Lyfox, and all
    Sorry to bug you again, but i’m still a little struggling to get my head around this stuff, I have read the guides too..

So, I now nearing my final breed to get my first ever P9 choco.
    I want to aim for a very good R240 choco for end game, because from what i’ve read R300 sounds painful and hard!

So am I correct in saying this should be my steps..

Buy a blank 2star choco, MALE AND FEMALE
    Rank to 40,
    Buy slips from gold saucer and get a 4star in the stat im focusing on.
    Breed the R40 + Slip 4 star Choco together,
    Hope the baby has the 4 stars in that stat.

Then.
    rank up that 4star stat baby to R40.
    also do that for the other gender.
    (So now ill have two 4 star chocos in ‘stat’)
    Once they are both R40, breed them together,
    This way THAT baby will have 4 stars in ‘stat’

Then.
    Rank that new 4 star baby to R40.
    Breed the 4 Star baby to my P9 choco.
    My P9 choco will then have that 4 star stat

-Then work on my next wanted stat!

I hope this is correct coz its really starting to confuse me πŸ™
    If i’m totally wrong and you wouldnt mind helping, IF its easier, we can email/skype if its easier so I can show you all my slips I have (alot) and all my chocos ive retired.

Thank you lots in advance!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Sorry for the delay, was out of town for a few days. Well to be honest I havent tried all this star selection stuff in practice yet. Im still at pedigree 3 as I decided to farm MGP a little before investing further. But I think that for R240 you dont need to worry this much. This guy who wrote the guide calculated the requirements to never grow out of R240 even on rank 50. So you would be interested in either of:
    – A pedigree 7 chocobo with 17 stars total
    – A pedigree 8 chocobo with 12 stars total
    – A pedigree 9 chocobo with 7 stars total

It means that for pedigree 9, you actually have to downgrade your stars lol, because if you go any further you’ll get pushed into R300 eventually. Getting a 1 star stat is as difficult as getting a 4 star. So imo its better to stay at pedigree 8. In order to do that you have to buy only Grade 7 breeding permissions, because your next chocobo is always +1 pedigree from its lowest parent.

You are right about getting male and female. The most important thing here is to acquire the same number of stars on some stat on both of them. This way the stat gets locked and not influenced by random anymore. The main obstacle here would be chocobos inheriting stars through generations. Even if you breed 3 star male with 3 star female its not guaranteed that their chick will happen to be 3 star unless all grandfathers and grandmothers are also 3 stars. And the only way to get around this is inbreeding.

Here’s a quick example. Ill take the two of your chocobos you showed earlier as examples if you dont mind.
    https://gyazo.com/8453b0b52e1bd835d82530f916dd7167
    https://gyazo.com/b46f94fb282506050f6f8498d856dfeb
    Let us work on Endurance here. Imagine we want to lock it at 3 star forever. We have a pretty good start already. 3 star on both female parents, 3 star on male’s father and 3 star on male’s mother. Now we go and register them. Female gets 3 star on Endurance no matter what, so we just raise her and retire for breeding. Male can get either 3 or 4 star (its a random roll at the moment of registration). But it doesnt matter anyway because his parentage stars stay there no matter what. So we raise him and retire too.

Now comes the breeding. When they breed, their own stars are forgotten completely. After 6 hours we receive our fledgling and this is the moment of truth.
    – If we get a female fledgling, we make them breed again. Because we don’t need another female.
    – If we get a male and his parentage has 4 stars in Endurance, we make them breed again.
    – If we get a male and his parentage has ONLY 3 stars in Endurance, its a win.
    Now we have a female with 3 stars (mother) and a male with 3 stars (son). By inbreeding them we will always get a 3 star Endurance fledgling.

And then we start working on other stats… To be honest I still hope that there’s a much easier way out there. Maybe Im overcomplicating things. But my mind cant find anything else at the moment. If you manage to do it Ill be glad to discuss your version of the breeding hell. Lol.

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

Thanks for the reply !
    That all sounds good to me! πŸ˜€
    TBH making the 240 bird sounds like hard work! :O
    Right I think i totally understand the locking on stats now!
    But I really have no idea if there is any easier way.. aha.

I just picked up my first G9!
    Ended up with pretty awesome stats! (I think)
    But if i ever retire it, i cant ever race it again right? :/
    But I guess I can just breed it again.

This is my lastest Choco, obviously I know this will get into the R300’s πŸ™
    https://gyazo.com/be286150d396621febe83be621191b2b

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

This is Him! πŸ˜€
    https://gyazo.com/82f6398f1ae4de4b69ef82c29f77b8f1
    Pretty happy?!

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

Can anyone help? I’ve set up a bot to race, but it doesn’t accelerate for whatever reason. It does jump to get chests, so it’s not complete dead, but for whatever reason accelerating is a no-no. I even deleted my custom keybinds in case bot is confused by them, but nope.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Can anyone help? I’ve set up a bot to race, but it doesn’t accelerate for whatever reason. It does jump to get chests, so it’s not complete dead, but for whatever reason accelerating is a no-no. I even deleted my custom keybinds in case bot is confused by them, but nope.

Could you please confirm that you have a key assigned to Move Forward action? Miqobot takes keybinds directly from the game, and she usually adapts to your customized shortcuts if you have any.

Also, could you please tell us what Miqobot says in the output area? It would help us understand and analyze your issue.

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

Yeah, I’ve got W for forward. The bot says nothing. It *did* say it didn’t understand my custom keybind for jump, which I fixed, but nothing about not being able to accelerate.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.