Chocobo Racing

Forum Forums Discussion Chocobo Racing

This topic contains 80 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Zankul Zankul 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

Hey Miqobot,

Not sure if this has been said, but would be really nice if the bot knew when to use certain abilities.
    ATM I have Choco Cure III. (Which is great) But no use using it at the start of a race!
    Thanks!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yeah, I’ve got W for forward. The bot says nothing. It *did* say it didn’t understand my custom keybind for jump, which I fixed, but nothing about not being able to accelerate.

Do you have English keyboard layout by default?
    There is a rare bug which happens on some hardware, but only when your keyboard layout is not English. In some rare cases, Miqobot would not be able to translate a W key into a keystroke, which would result in no key being pressed.

• Try switching your keyboard layout to English.
    • Try switching your default Windows keyboard to English.
    • If that doesn’t help, try assigning any non-letter key to Move Forward. For example, 1 key or Insert key.

This is a recently discovered issue, so we didn’t manage to push a fix into release yet.
    It will be fixed in the upcoming version.

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

There is a rare bug which happens on some hardware, but only when your keyboard layout is not English. In some rare cases, Miqobot would not be able to translate a W key into a keystroke, which would result in no key being pressed.

Yep, it’s working now. Would never guess that was the cause.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Hey Miqobot,

Not sure if this has been said, but would be really nice if the bot knew when to use certain abilities.
    ATM I have Choco Cure III. (Which is great) But no use using it at the start of a race!
    Thanks!

Sure, feature request is accepted πŸ™‚
    In the next version, you will be able to use the abilities at any specific moment in the race. It will be implemented as a new setting for Chocobo Racing.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yep, it’s working now. Would never guess that was the cause.

Thank you for letting us know! And sorry for the inconvenience πŸ™‚

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

This is Him! πŸ˜€
    https://gyazo.com/82f6398f1ae4de4b69ef82c29f77b8f1
    Pretty happy?!

Such a beautiful stat roll. Grats! Its a pity hes not pedigree 7 as your trials would be already over. And yeah, if your retire him there’s no way back. He gets a life of luxury as NPCs say it.
    I’ve been thinking about it today and I guess there is an easier solution after all. Just stock up on breeding slips and make fledglings over and over till you get the exact amount of stars you want. Also it seems that its possible to arrange several breedings at once. So you get lots of fledglings after 6 hours, not just one. And you can keep racing in the meantime with your other steed.

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

Thanks!! πŸ˜€
    Im very happy with this Choco, and I might just stop here to be honest, I’ve just got very lucky!
    I actually can beat R300, and get first place easy, yet to try it on miqobot.
    At the moment, im having trouble beating the final Choco Race Challenge.

https://gyazo.com/a5ba00710271964ae5a5589bffcd9922

And wow great! I didnt know you could breed more then one!

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Goblin.jpg Goblin.jpg.
    u9w30y
    u9w30y
    Participant

Does anyone have profiles/waypoints for R-180 and up?

I’ve tried to make my own a few times, they’re /okay/ at best.

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

I’ve found that making your own waypoints in choco racing once you’re happy with your stats etc is the way to do it.
    Becuase as you’re leveling of course your stats are changing constantly.
    I just used the waypoints given with miqobot and ones found on this thread. πŸ™‚

Lyfox, been running my bot for the last few hours.
    Heres a line of my winnings, Im happy with it πŸ™‚
    I know its not SUPER consistent, but I think thats just the difficultly and rng of R300.
    https://gyazo.com/85a7edea38dea70bcbdb8ca1c2513236

So, for now, IM DONE WITH BREEDING!
    I beat the final Choco Challenge too!
    (Really Miqobot, no need for Challenges in the bot, I wouldnt bother)

I love the Choco racing bot, and hopefully the little additional things coming will make it even better!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Thats an extremely cool line of wins. Im getting somewhere around 400-500-400-400-400-700-400-400… Too lazy to arrange covering again. So I agree that you have a very good bird for end-game racing. Grats!
    By the way I was wrong about breeding more than one. Just tried and they said Id have to come back in 6 hours for another try. Sigh. Do we need a bot for breeding lol?

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

Yeah πŸ˜€ Thank you!
    Still thats not bad!
    I couldnt have worked this out proper without your help though, so thanks so much, I did get really lucky though! haaha
    Ah that sucks ><
    6 hours is a ball wait..
    I just dont think we need a bot for the challenges really, but a breeding bot, hmm, i dunno.
    Good Luck to you whatever you decide! πŸ˜€
    I’ll try help if you need me.
    But I would do the Choco Challenges as you go! They unlock all the Abilities! I have access to all the III ones now!
    Only one i didnt see on it was HeadStart πŸ™

u9w30y
    u9w30y
    Participant

Breeding bot would be extremely superfluous. What would be better is a breeding calculator imo. Breeding itself is just taking 2 cards to an npc.

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

I dont think a breeding calculator would work exactly? I mean breeding has alot of RNG involved and %’s depending on parents stats etcetc, tbh it’s not super hard to figure but then I just chose the highest star chocos after buying like 10 slips at a time from GS.

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

I mean breeding has alot of RNG involved and %’s depending on parents stats etcetc, tbh it’s not super hard to figure but then I just chose the highest star chocos after buying like 10 slips at a time from GS

I’ve only just gotten to choco racing, got G5 chocobo at the moment. At which point should I begin worrying about breeding the ultimate racer and which stats should I be looking at?

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

First off, it depends on if you mean Ultimate R300 racer or the ‘R240 Ultimate Bird’.

From what I’ve experienced and what Lyfox and the guide told me, you can actually focus on stars whenever really.
    But suggested do it after you reach P9.
    I would suggest going back through these pages on this thread and reading mine and Lyfox convo, as I started with basically 0 knowledge, and now I get it.

First I have to say, do the choco challenges AS YOU GO, doing this will not only give you a increased in MGP but you unlock choco ability books to buy!
    So now I’ve got my P9 and know it abit. I would focus on stars asap tbh.
    If you can afford it, I would breed every choco with a G9 slip from GS. (I bought about 10 slips each time! Yes you’ll spend alot, but its worth it) – This way they have higher stats and better abilities.

So this is basing off my choco experience.
    The stats I would focus on getting 4 stars are;

Stamina – is a MUST, you need that 4stars.

Max Speed – is also a MUST 4 Stars.

Cunning
    – ignore completely. Just let that role whatever, don’t even train it.

Acceleration – obviously good, I had 4 stars in it on my final bird but only got it to around 395 in points as yes you will start slower but, you will take over.

Endurance – okay so this stat on my final choco actually finished with 1 single star. I thought I was screwed. I trained it to max as much I could, because otherwise the Stamina bar just drained SO FAST. I also countered this problem by using Increased Stamina III. – I got Endurance in the end to 380 points, and that with 1 single star I think it pretty damn good!

Use this as much you can: https://ffxivchocoboracing.wordpress.com/
    About the R240 Ultimate Bird: https://ffxivchocoboracing.wordpress.com/2015/06/03/advanced-the-r-240-ultimate-bird/
    My final choco stats: https://gyazo.com/a5ba00710271964ae5a5589bffcd9922
    (My choco is no way the best, but I can say I can come 1st place in R300 7/10 times. I have also beat all the Challenges.)

I hope this helps everyone.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Goblin.jpg Goblin.jpg.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.