Chocobo Racing

Forum Forums Discussion Chocobo Racing

This topic contains 80 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Zankul Zankul 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Peachy
    Peachy
    Participant

Did I waste my time getting an R-300?? ;-; lol!

I just got my r-300 yesterday and came to see if someone had an r-300 profile before I tried to make my own.

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant
    1+

Well no not really.
    I’m assuming then your stats are 4 stars in everything. Then just max out Speed Stam and get some acceleration and endurance training in there then I’m sure you’re fine.

Peachy
    Peachy
    Participant

ok c: thanks goblin

u9w30y
    u9w30y
    Participant

Also remember that Chocobo Racing got buffed across the whole spectrum. The R-240 vs R-300 numbers probably need to be revisited. Because:

Races now give more MGP
      Feed is now significantly cheaper
      Races give more EXP which makes getting to retirement easier

Maybe we should start putting together some info 🙂

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

I don’t wanna sandbag but.
    If you want to do that you can.
    Pretty much yes everything has had a increase. So of course R300 is going to net you the most.
    So kinda pointless to get the actual numbers no?
    1,009 for first place in R300.

u9w30y
    u9w30y
    Participant

I know R-300 gets you the most.

What i’m talking about is cost/benefit ratios. The R-240 bird was big because of the massive cost/benefit of it.

With all the increases in awards and drop in cost of 3rd tier feed, it may have impacted the cost/benefit ratio of the R-240 build – which is why I said it might be a worthwhile topic to revisit for long term farming.

Not to mention with the experience buff – the amount of time required to get to R-240/R-300 has significantly dropped, which is another factor to consider.

I obviously know that R300 has the greatest amount of MGP/win – that wasn’t at all what my post was about.

u9w30y
    u9w30y
    Participant

I suspect that after crunching the numbers – it’ll be found that the R-240 build is no longer viable

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Yeah might be a good point. We better note the 1st place reward in R240 for comparison. As for the cost, its still huge imo.. The key difference here is that for R240 you dont need 17-20 star chocobo to win consistently, but for R300 you do. Getting those stars from RNG breeding is the most painful grind. Lucky you if you got it on your way to pedigree 9.

I think I found a cheat skill combo. Super Sprint + Breather. I was draining my MGP the other night sifting through breeding slips and rolled this skill. The birdie itself got very low stars so I was considering to abandon it. But decided to check it out in the end.

Man thats some nuclear chocobo! Super Sprint drains stamina like no tomorrow, a full bar in just 30% of the race. But then Breather comes in. And before you know it, youre at half stamina again. Tried two strategies for now. 1) Using Super in the beginning and heal after that. 2) Accelerating and decelerating to keep stamina at 90% and pop Super in the end of the race. Second one is like whoosh from 8 place to 1. And while you drag in behind you get all the best items from chests like Meteor and Hero Tonic. I dont know why we even need stars anymore. But maybe its just the low rank balance idk.

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

Sorry u9w30y dude, thats more what I meant 🙂
    I don’t know how much a 1st place win in R240 is.

I just got lucky with my R300 choco. (its R285 and i win alot. 7/10 times?)

@lyfox That Super Sprint build sounds fun! aha I think for myself i’m going to stick with my R300 choco, I just lucked out and cba to breed any more at the moment!
    I found getting stars si not TO hard as long as you get the best slips from GS all the time.

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

Which choco abilities are the best?

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

That really depends on your build.
    But Choco Cure III is great.
    Head Start is awesome.
    Super Sprint apparently is also really good.
    Choco Sprint is good for leveling
    Like I said it really depends on your build.

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

Okay then, which abilities would you say are best for ultimate racing choco? The one with all the relevant parameters maxed, that is.

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

Maybe Head Start and Choco Cure III.
    I’m just guessing with tat as I do no have a maxed out choco.

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

Could anyone share R-300 waypoint?

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

Here is a R-300, its not perfect but I win with it tons.
    As I’ve said before I would suggest just making your own, then itll work perfect with your choco build.
    It’s really easy.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.