Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback

Forum Forums Discussion Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback

This topic contains 1,142 replies, has 259 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 1,143 total)
  • Author
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Might be an idea to let us use own navigation grids or behaviour coding for boss battles just like current behavior. Just looking at current way squadrons are implemented with checkpoints and bossbattle flags it doesn’t seem like a stretch to just let the community build those scenario’s for eachother.

Similary with the rotations and optimization of combat. Adding an additional layer on top of the base skills currently where priority lists can be implemented with some logic can be of great improvement for the future.

Yes, these feature are already planned.
    Rotations and Dungeons Customization are already in the list of next features: [Beta] Combat

Ok, here goes. Other users might find it useful too (if you ignore backtrack issue) – it’s leveling BTN 56-60 with collectables on Birch place in Clouds.

We have experimented with your grid and haven’t encountered anything unnatural.
    Would you please clarify, which beacon does Miqobot backtrack to and under what conditions?

BLM also has a horrible rotation now, guess we gotta wait for an update on the rotations 🙂 <3

As we mentioned a few posts earlier, BLM rotation is optimized for levels 1-66 only.
    Please refer to the main status thread for detailed information on all jobs: Shadowbringers – Miqobot Status

New rotations will be implemented in the next update.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

We have experimented with your grid and haven’t encountered anything unnatural.
    Would you please clarify, which beacon does Miqobot backtrack to and under what conditions?

From beacon 21 it observes and collects southwestern group of nodes, then proceeds to northwestern via beacon 22 and gathers two spawned nodes from the [0,1,4] set. After that it should proceed to beacon 18, but sometimes it backtracks to 22 after collecting either 1 or 4. I’m not really sure about conditions, but to me it seems that it happens when both nodes near waypoints 16 and 0 were spawned and collected w/o using beacon 22 as actual beacon (because node near waypoint 0 is directly visible from waypoint 16).

P.S. Never happens when node 14 is spawned (because it’s the last node Miqo visits, and no other nodes are visible from it, so beacon 22 is actually used as beacon). So I think conditions are: nodes 12, 16 and 0 are spawned.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Gray Gray.
    Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    2+

I cleared the complete Eden’s Gate Savage under 6 days, while using during the progression steps, Miqobot Assist intensively, so with 10 hours a day, I gathered some feedbacks about Miqo in Savage environment.

As expected, this is a very good tool to focus on mechanics deciphering, granted this tier mechanics were more visual than obscure, we came up with strategies faster, and we spent less time to watch our own video records, and most of the time this was due to Miqo allowing to see better the all picture.

I’m fully aware the current state of assist is absolutely not optimised, and don’t take into account new abilities, or if it does, it’s only through some temp fix. So, it is in full knowledge of those facts that I’m doing those feedbacks, and I know that most of the things (if not all) I’m gonna bring up are known to you developers, I’m still doing it in the rare case I would actually have found something relevant.

There’s one thing I would really love we get, it is an ON/OFF green/red “light” on Miqobot window itself, just for those who don’t want to use the overlay Pause Status feature, and prefer watching Miqobot on a secondary monitor.
    When turning off the overlay, I found that relying on the logs of Miqobot to check its pause status was a bit tricky, since Miqo is quite verbose (and I do like that), she often wrote lines after her last status change, and this makes it hard to be sure in which status she currently is.
    So, just a couple of colour squares, of just one square, changing from green to red, something around 16×16 pixels, somewhere on the top of the Combat page, would really be helpful.

Right now, for BRD, because I believe her logic is not finished being implemented, she attempts lots of triple weaving, which makes her missing some DoTs refresh, especially for example at 1min45sec into the fight when the first manual refresh happened during a full manual opener at the 7th GCD.
    The reason I’m bringing this, despite knowing it happens now just because Assist is not finished yet, is because I want to know if you’re going to allow her to triple weave, or never, or in rare occasions by taking into account the extra delay it would add before the next Iron Jaw GCD, so that she’s sure she won’t attempt it if she sees she will fail refreshing the DoTs.
    To my knowledge, there’s still only one very rare case where triple weaving is not a DPS loss with BRD, but I’m trusting you fully when it comes to numbers, and if you find other cases.
    One other reason I’m bringing this, is that for example I pentamelded two thirds of my set to lower my skill speed a lot, and I was wondering if it was something Miqo was taking into account when she calculates the time she have left before she needs to apply the next DoTs refresh, especially when into Minuet we get now the 10 sec Skill Speed buff of Pean, making suddenly the most busy song for procs a hard place for double weave with high ping, and this is precisely where right now she misses most of the DoTs refreshes.
    I remember you told me that for now, since she wasn’t finished, she was going to miss some DoTs refresh, that it was expected, but my concern is gear wise (skill speed) and ping wise. Should I be worried with a 165-175ms ping? I have a datacenter close to me, 20ms, but unfortunately this is not the one on which I play, most of the times though, I don’t clip when I double weave.
    But currently, Miqo is clipping quite a lot, mostly because of triple weaving, but also often when she chose to use a late sudden full Pitch Perfect procs. Maybe DPS wise it’s better to use that procs and clip, than to wait, again, on this, I trust you completely, I just wanted to bring up that with my ping, using late procs makes her clip, maybe she would even clip in those cases with a low ping as well.

If this is something that interest people here, the last run I did with her on E4S to decipher the very last mechanic, we reached enrage, and with best food, 3 grade II potions, 2/3 gear pieces pentamelded with VIII and VII, she was 900 DPS behind DPS check (and this was with making sure manually she was not missing any Iron Jaws, doing manually all Apex Arrow, placing manually every Battle Voice where the static decided we should use our raid buff, as well as doing manually all Troubadour and Minne).
    When I switched to manual for the clear, I noticed I ended up doing 8 GCD more than her, the amount I believe she lost with clipping on a 13min45sec fight.
    That being said, that week 1 DPS check was really brutal (0.1% enrages are real), on par with Ultimate.

This bring me to the next question, for someone switching constantly between assist and manual, I found that the workaround I was currently using for oGCD I wanted to handle manually in Assist Mode, was going to be cumbersome with time.
    For BRD, out of all the oGCD Miqo will end up using on her own once she’s finished, there’s 6 of them where it will be useful to control them manually.
    For the ones she’s already using on cooldown, I removed their keybinds, and handled them with clicking, forcing me to set again the keybinds each time I wanted to go back full manual.
    So, I believe you already planned this, but just to be sure, for those, it would be useful to have individual boxes we can check to tell Miqo if we want her to handle them or not, instead of removing their keybinds.
    For BRD, here are the ones very useful to control manually, as Miqo will have no clue in savage/ultimate environments when it’s best to use them: Battle Voice, Troubadour, Second Wind, Nature’s Minne, Head Graze, DPS Potions.

And this bring me to a following question, about Nature’s Minne, when we feel it’s okay to let Miqo handle it on cooldown. How is it going to be handled in the end when set on auto, will we have an option in Miqo to set which number of the party member we want it to be used on? Or Miqo will be able to recognise a Nature’s Minne macro, in which we would already have set up the party member number? Or can she sees who’s currently tanking within the party, and distribute Minne accordingly?
    Miqo is quite fantastic when it comes to switching to party members as healer, it would be great if she could not rely on a macro for Minne, as those are really awful to trigger.

Subsidiary question, would it be possible to manually queue some oGCD we set up to use manually? If we don’t want to fight with Miqo, and avoid making her clip when we use something manually, could we tell her we want her to use a specific oGCD as soon as she sees she has a safe window for it, either by having her recognise we pressed it with the game keybinds (and it didn’t triggered), or being able to set keybinds for those directly in Miqobot?
    I really don’t want you to have to create such a system if it turns out to be a lot of work, I’m just putting in there in the case you would find the idea useful and not time consuming.

Thank you very much, great tool for prog/deciphering/learning where it saves time, and grind contents such as Eureka where it saves keyboards and fingers.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast.

Bradoshado
    Participant
    1+

Is there any way you can allow us to us the Holminster Trust Zone ID? It’s super simple to make a scenario that farms the first 4 or 5 mob pulls before the boss and it’s better EXP than doing Sohm Al. Send Key scenarios work if started in the trust, but if you use the scenario to enter the trust it does a Blackout Error upon entering the instance.

Sohm Al experience is so freaking slow and it hurts to afk level right now. I know you’re busy making a proper Trust bot function but could you please give us this as a temporary method at the least?

Thank you

MiqoBaby
    MiqoBaby
    Participant
    3+

I would LOVE to see a Pause button for the Scenario tab.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

So I think conditions are:

Well duh! I just realized this group of nodes has its ephemeral node, just nobody cares to harvest it, so I didn’t even notice it before. So basically this is the same “backtrack here and there while ephemeral node is spawned” bug I reported before %) sorry!

Skyrior
    Participant
    1+

New mounts don’t seem to be incorporated. The Skyslipper mount doesn’t seem to register. Not a big issue and the obvious workaround is to use old mounts but it’d be sweet if it can be implemented.

moarsi
    moarsi
    Participant
    1+

I don’t know if this has already been brought up but Miqobot Assist just completely stops working on the last stage of Amaurot. This is with Bard btw.

HalfDisabled
    Participant
    2+

I don’t know if this has already been brought up but Miqobot Assist just completely stops working on the last stage of Amaurot. This is with Bard btw.

This might be related to an issue we’ve seen a few times before, the workaround currently is to manually trigger something with a cast bar and cancel it, that should fix miqo for the rest of the instance. Even using /return and then moving so it doesn’t actually cast should do it! If its the issue I think it is this is related to an action being interrupted by a cutscene/teleport and miqo thinking its still casting the last action and being unwilling to interrupt it.

Dragonshy142
    Participant

It seems that miqo isn’t using Shadow Fang for ROG/NIN at all. I read that its usage was updated on the status page, so maybe I’m just not meeting the conditions to trigger its usage? Any chance we can get a quick explain as to how it works? Thanks.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

I’m fully aware the current state of assist is absolutely not optimised, and don’t take into account new abilities, or if it does, it’s only through some temp fix. So, it is in full knowledge of those facts that I’m doing those feedbacks, and I know that most of the things (if not all) I’m gonna bring up are known to you developers, I’m still doing it in the rare case I would actually have found something relevant.

Indeed, the combat system is not even remotely optimized for endgame raiding. It’s quite surprising that you found it useful in the current state, considering that job rotations were significantly downgraded by the arrival of 5.0. Thank you for the detailed feedback very much!

There’s one thing I would really love we get, it is an ON/OFF green/red “light” on Miqobot window itself, just for those who don’t want to use the overlay Pause Status feature, and prefer watching Miqobot on a secondary monitor.

All right, this should be possible. Thank you for your request!

The reason I’m bringing this, despite knowing it happens now just because Assist is not finished yet, is because I want to know if you’re going to allow her to triple weave, or never, or in rare occasions by taking into account the extra delay it would add before the next Iron Jaw GCD, so that she’s sure she won’t attempt it if she sees she will fail refreshing the DoTs.
    To my knowledge, there’s still only one very rare case where triple weaving is not a DPS loss with BRD, but I’m trusting you fully when it comes to numbers, and if you find other cases.

In the most optimal setting, triple weaving should never occur.
    The general rule that Miqobot follows is to allow oGCD if there’s more than 50% of GCD timer left. However, some abilities do not follow this rule:
    – Pitch Perfect. Because clipping was the easiest solution to ensure that procs are not wasted. It must be optimized and aligned with GCD.
    – Empyreal Arrow. Because Miqobot still considers it a weaponskill and tries to fire it immediately after Barrage.
    With these two issues addressed, there should be no more triple weaving. If you encounter any other cases, please let us know.

One other reason I’m bringing this, is that for example I pentamelded two thirds of my set to lower my skill speed a lot, and I was wondering if it was something Miqo was taking into account when she calculates the time she have left before she needs to apply the next DoTs refresh, especially when into Minuet we get now the 10 sec Skill Speed buff of Pean, making suddenly the most busy song for procs a hard place for double weave with high ping, and this is precisely where right now she misses most of the DoTs refreshes.

Varying skill speed should not be a problem, because we use the same system for Ninja and Monk. Clipping issues will be extremely noticeable on those jobs, so they will be addressed accordingly in the endgame optimization stage.

I remember you told me that for now, since she wasn’t finished, she was going to miss some DoTs refresh, that it was expected, but my concern is gear wise (skill speed) and ping wise. Should I be worried with a 165-175ms ping? I have a datacenter close to me, 20ms, but unfortunately this is not the one on which I play, most of the times though, I don’t clip when I double weave.

In general, high ping environment should not cause any significant issues, as long as there are no occasional lag spikes of 220+ milliseconds.
    We will be researching this question once again when we start working on endgame optimizations.

When I switched to manual for the clear, I noticed I ended up doing 8 GCD more than her, the amount I believe she lost with clipping on a 13min45sec fight.

We believe that this problem is caused by GCD not being queued by Miqobot.
    The queueing algorithm is still not implemented and Miqobot activates an icon only when it is fully charged. This results in additional delay of 20-30ms on each GCD. With 250+ GCDs in total this indeed accumulates to the number of lost GCDs you mentioned.

So, I believe you already planned this, but just to be sure, for those, it would be useful to have individual boxes we can check to tell Miqo if we want her to handle them or not, instead of removing their keybinds.

Of course, this is the first customization we will implement when we start working on endgame support.
    You will be able to enable or disable any weaponskill or ability directly in Miqobot, without any hotbar or keybind manipulations.

And this bring me to a following question, about Nature’s Minne, when we feel it’s okay to let Miqo handle it on cooldown. How is it going to be handled in the end when set on auto, will we have an option in Miqo to set which number of the party member we want it to be used on? Or Miqo will be able to recognise a Nature’s Minne macro, in which we would already have set up the party member number? Or can she sees who’s currently tanking within the party, and distribute Minne accordingly?
    Miqo is quite fantastic when it comes to switching to party members as healer, it would be great if she could not rely on a macro for Minne, as those are really awful to trigger.

Yes, Miqobot is capable of detecting the current main tank. And yes, it won’t be a problem to utilize the same targeting system as healers do.
    Precise customization of Nature’s Minne will be also implemented in the final cooldown planning toolkit.

Subsidiary question, would it be possible to manually queue some oGCD we set up to use manually? If we don’t want to fight with Miqo, and avoid making her clip when we use something manually, could we tell her we want her to use a specific oGCD as soon as she sees she has a safe window for it, either by having her recognise we pressed it with the game keybinds (and it didn’t triggered), or being able to set keybinds for those directly in Miqobot?
    I really don’t want you to have to create such a system if it turns out to be a lot of work, I’m just putting in there in the case you would find the idea useful and not time consuming.

This is one of the problems we don’t have a definite solution for at the moment.
    As we constantly test Miqobot in different environments, we fully understand the issue you describe. Detecting a manually attempted ability and queuing it for the next GCD cycle could be possible, but we have to research it further.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Is there any way you can allow us to us the Holminster Trust Zone ID? It’s super simple to make a scenario that farms the first 4 or 5 mob pulls before the boss and it’s better EXP than doing Sohm Al. Send Key scenarios work if started in the trust, but if you use the scenario to enter the trust it does a Blackout Error upon entering the instance.

Please contact our Tech Support and we will try to find a solution: https://miqobot.com/#support

I would LOVE to see a Pause button for the Scenario tab.

Yes, this feature is already planned.
    But first we have to upgrade the navigation module to be compatible with pause. It will take a few more updates.

Well duh! I just realized this group of nodes has its ephemeral node, just nobody cares to harvest it, so I didn’t even notice it before. So basically this is the same “backtrack here and there while ephemeral node is spawned” bug I reported before %) sorry!

Thank you for clarifying very much.

New mounts don’t seem to be incorporated. The Skyslipper mount doesn’t seem to register. Not a big issue and the obvious workaround is to use old mounts but it’d be sweet if it can be implemented.

Yes, Miqobot can not recognize new mounts because they did not exist when we released the previous version.
    If you want Miqobot to utilize them now, please use the workaround described here: Regalia and Miqo

Yes, this is a known issue, but it’s extremely hard to reproduce and it will take some time to design a proper solution.
    This post contains additional information and a temporary workaround: #15675

It seems that miqo isn’t using Shadow Fang for ROG/NIN at all. I read that its usage was updated on the status page, so maybe I’m just not meeting the conditions to trigger its usage? Any chance we can get a quick explain as to how it works? Thanks.

Shadow Fang was implemented in a rushed update on July 7 when Miqobot was completely broken. It is used when the DoT is currently absent or falling off, and when Huton duration has more than 30 seconds left. But as it always happens with rushed updates, we did not consider the case when Huton is not unlocked or when there is no Armor Crush to refresh it.
    At the moment we are reimplementing all job rotations, and this issue will be addressed in the next version.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Miqo, thank you very much for your time and all those detailed explanations, you really answered to everything I needed clarifications on.

As for the system where the player could tell Miqobot what to use next, with the new informations you provided me, I now frankly don’t think it’s gonna be that much necessary, because when Miqo will have both her full logic “rotations”, and her queuing algorithm, it’s going to be easier for the player to predict what she’ll do next, and therefore when to manually trigger an oGCD without bothering her. Or to pause her for half a second, the time to fire the manual oGCD.

I’m now quite hyped, and can’t wait for your next updates.

bottybot
    Participant

Carl, you can use Miqobot for savage? I didn’t realise it was that sophisticated! Or do you just use it so you can prog, then switch to manual for the actual kill? Would warrior MT or OT be possible to use in assist mode or is assist better with dps roles because of tank swapping etc? If you have to switch between manual and assist how do you safely do it?

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

That’s exactly what I did, I used it for prog, then switched to manual for the kill.

It’s quite useful to find global strategies for the party faster, and learn them faster. I used it only on BRD though, one job I judged being currently developed enough for that purpose. I had to take care manually of abilities not implemented yet, as well as using manually its toolkit for the party.

It was enough to come up with strategies, especially because as opposed to Ultimate there’s no real phase DPS check in Savage, only enrages, but it wasn’t enough DPS wise for enrages, in particular for E4S (with week 1 gear).

I don’t really know how Miqobot currently behave with level 80 tanks, but I would not recommend it yet unless you really know what you’re doing, and you’re ready to intervene manually a lot, critical roles like healer and tank will always require a very thorough planned cool down management, swapping, spotting, pre-shielding, etc.
    I believe that ultimately, what Miqobot devs are building, is a very useful and powerful assistant that will be able to shine in the right hands for special content.

As for switching between manual and assist, I set up a mouse keybind directly in Miqobot (by mouse keybind, I mean I set up first in mouse driver a keyboard shortcut on one mouse button, that I then used for Miqobot), allowing to switch instantly, as much for mechanics purposes, like gaze for example, as role wise, openers, toolkit, etc.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 1,143 total)

The topic ‘Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback’ is closed to new replies.