Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback

Forum Forums Discussion Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback

This topic contains 1,142 replies, has 259 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,066 through 1,080 (of 1,143 total)
  • Author

Diplomacu
    Participant

Yes, levequest support is one of the functions planned in the future Scenario Engine updates.
    You can find the list here:
    Planned Functions

Oh awesome awesome :D.

I’ve been trying the 3d Radar Arena feature, it’s actually really useful to know the exact hitbox of monsters/their aoe effects but I dont suppose we can have options to tweak opacity or colors? the blue squares is just really bright, also maybe (if possible) on the monster hitbox have the flank/rear squares a different colour?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Diplomacu.

Adriuno
    Participant

To avoid making a new thread. Will the combat assist be broken when Endwalker launches? Or will they still work and just need to be updated for new spells?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

I’ve been trying the 3d Radar Arena feature, it’s actually really useful to know the exact hitbox of monsters/their aoe effects but I dont suppose we can have options to tweak opacity or colors? the blue squares is just really bright, also maybe (if possible) on the monster hitbox have the flank/rear squares a different colour?

At the moment there is no way to adjust 3D Radar Arena overlay colors, because it wasn’t designed for this purpose.
    The information displayed by this feature is not exact and in most cases is not actually correct. It displays the data as perceived by Miqobot’s navigation AI and its primary purpose is to debug Squadron and Trust Dungeons. If enabled outside of officially supported dungeons, the information may be false and misleading.

But all right, we will add your suggestion to the list of potential improvements.
    Thank you for your request!

To avoid making a new thread. Will the combat assist be broken when Endwalker launches? Or will they still work and just need to be updated for new spells?

When the Endwalker expansion arrives, it will break approximately 90% of core Miqobot modules.
    We expect several weeks of complete Miqobot downtime. No feature will be functional in any form.

After that, Miqobot will support only level 80 features.
    It might take anywhere from 3 to 12 months before Miqobot is fully upgraded for level 90.

Ray
    Participant

I do not mean to add development pressure, but are you able to provide any sort of update on the current feature cycle, as in is it currently expected to be completed and released prior to endwalker being dropped and if so are you able to specifically tell us which QoL features specifically we can look forward to.

It might take anywhere from 3 to 12 months before Miqobot is fully upgraded for level 90.

Do you mean level 1 to 80? Or do you mean that only strictly level 80 characters will be supported?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

I do not mean to add development pressure, but are you able to provide any sort of update on the current feature cycle, as in is it currently expected to be completed and released prior to endwalker being dropped and if so are you able to specifically tell us which QoL features specifically we can look forward to.

This information was posted during the voting period:
    Voting (June 2 – June 9, 2021)

The standard development cycle is 4-8 weeks.
    The feature pack selected by the community contains a lot more work and can not be completed within this time period. But the length of the development cycle will not change. Instead, we will be implementing it in several stages.
    It has been 1 month and 1 week since the beginning of the current development cycle.

We are prioritizing less time-consuming features first, because our goal is to satisfy as many requests as possible.
    We can not provide a complete list yet, because we don’t know how many features we manage to implement exactly.

Do you mean level 1 to 80? Or do you mean that only strictly level 80 characters will be supported?

It means that algorithms will remain the same as they were before the arrival of the expansion.
    At the moment Miqobot supports levels 1 to 80. If there are any changes to low level features in the game itself, it will obviously affect Miqobot’s ability to perform these features.

Ray
    Participant

Thank you for the clarification 🙂

kli001
    Participant

Why does the Out on a Limb and Finer Miner have to be activated in Minion Square? The machines can be added in apartments/housing now. Would it be possible to change this while the Make It Rain campaign is active??

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Because when this feature was implemented, there was no housing counterpart of these minigames.
    Unfortunately, zone verification is implemented at several levels, so it’s not an easy thing to do. We will have to redesign the algorithms before it becomes possible. And it will require postponing other features in development.

It’s physically impossible to do it while the campaign is active.

Tobbeisback
    Tobbeisback
    Participant

When the Endwalker expansion arrives, it will break approximately 90% of core Miqobot modules.
    We expect several weeks of complete Miqobot downtime. No feature will be functional in any form.

would it be possible to pay a little extra for trying out new features early?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

We do not withhold new features. They are always released as soon as they are implemented.

Adriuno
    Participant

3 months to a year before the level 90 rotations are in action? This hurts my heart. Why does it take such a long time to get these combat rotations up and running? I have botted in the past in other MMOs (WoW) with rotation bots, and even when a new expansion hit they had updated rotations within the week of the launch. They were not super optimized rotations yet, but it at least gave the consumers something to play with. Is it just because you have a super small team?

Ray
    Participant

3 months to a year before the level 90 rotations are in action? This hurts my heart. Why does it take such a long time to get these combat rotations up and running? I have botted in the past in other MMOs (WoW) with rotation bots, and even when a new expansion hit they had updated rotations within the week of the launch. They were not super optimized rotations yet, but it at least gave the consumers something to play with. Is it just because you have a super small team?

I do not want to speak for everyone, however for me its quality over quantity. What I mean by that is I would much rather have a more optimized, better implemented feature than one that could possibly break, flagging my npc as suspicious thereby getting me banned. Additionally Id rather have them spend more time implementing a new feature so that it is as bug free as possible before being released to the masses.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

We have already answered this question many times.
    Please forgive us for linking an old thread, but not much has changed since then:
    A Letter from the Development Team

Adriuno
    Participant

I do not want to speak for everyone, however for me its quality over quantity. What I mean by that is I would much rather have a more optimized, better implemented feature than one that could possibly break, flagging my npc as suspicious thereby getting me banned. Additionally Id rather have them spend more time implementing a new feature so that it is as bug free as possible before being released to the masses.

I really like the Miqo bot and it’s actually been part of the reason I am playing FF14 more often these days. It just sad to hear that we’ll have to wait possibly a year before the rotations are back in for level 90. I mainly just use to combat assist, I don’t really use anything else. I’ll probably continue to support them when Endwalker releases even if I can’t use the bot at the start.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Adriuno.

Denekro
    Participant
    1+

I really like the Miqo bot and it’s actually been part of the reason I am playing FF14 more often these days. It just sad to hear that we’ll have to wait possibly a year before the rotations are back in for level 90. I mainly just use to combat assist, I don’t really use anything else. I’ll probably continue to support them when Endwalker releases even if I can’t use the bot at the start.

you can use the combat assist before that, but the new abilitys are not supported. Abilitys from 1-80 are used and will work. so you have to manually work the new abilitys in your rotation for the time beeing. That worked for me quite good in the past.
    Last time the addon released it was a week I think where miqo was broken, so in this time you need to play without it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,066 through 1,080 (of 1,143 total)

The topic ‘Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback’ is closed to new replies.