Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback

Forum Forums Discussion Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback

This topic contains 1,142 replies, has 259 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,143 total)
  • Author

Daiis
    Participant

Thank you for reporting. We will try to reproduce your issue in our labs and see what we can do.
    Would you be able to give us some more information?

1. How often do you encounter this problem?
    2. Have you managed to notice what happens in the game at this moment?
    3. If you activate deliverCollectables() twice in a row, does the issue occur the second time?

Heya !

1. it occurs every time i try to deliver since the 5.5 release.
    2. Nothing special, just players doing their stuff
    3. When i activate deliverCollectables() as least twice, the first cast is still faulty but the second works like a charm. Plus, when i activate deliverCollectable manualy, it works perfectly too. It’s only faulty when i use it in a scenario.
    • This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Daiis.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for providing the requested information.
    Just two more things.

1. Do you use the optional parameter ERR_IGNORE in deliverCollectables() call?
    2. How many free invetory slots do you have when your scenario reaches the point of delivering collectables?

Daiis
    Participant

Thank you for providing the requested information.
    Just two more things.

1. Do you use the optional parameter ERR_IGNORE in deliverCollectables() call?
    2. How many free invetory slots do you have when your scenario reaches the point of delivering collectables?

Hello again 🙂

1. Nop, i don’t see errors in the log but i’ll try in few hours
    2. Less than 10 but i’m not full and i keep 5 empty slots to avoid the inventory full message cast from the game

thebestzombie
    Participant

How do i avoid having miqobot using ley lines on black mage. I tried unselecting using heals and buffs and it still drops the ley lines.

edit: i found ignore hotbar.

however i would like to keep it on hotbar 1 (6)

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1. Nop, i don’t see errors in the log but i’ll try in few hours
    2. Less than 10 but i’m not full and i keep 5 empty slots to avoid the inventory full message cast from the game

Thank you very much. We now have an idea of what might be causing this problem. We will try to address it in the next version.
    In the meantime, please use the workaround of activating deliverCollectables() twice in a row.
    We apologize for temporary inconvenience.

How do i avoid having miqobot using ley lines on black mage. I tried unselecting using heals and buffs and it still drops the ley lines.

At the moment there are four possible options:

1. If you don’t wish Miqobot to use a certain ability, you can remove it from your hotbar.
    2. If you still wish to be able to use it yourself, you can put it in a macro and hide it behind a different icon.
    3. If you need to see the cooldown as well, you can put it on a separate hotbar and tell Miqobot to ignore it via Advanced Settings – Ignore Hotbar.
    4. Alternatively, you can place it on a Cross Hotbar. Cross Hotbars are not evaluated by Miqobot.

If neither of these methods work for you, then we don’t have any other suggestions.

Arktos
    Participant

There is currently a BIG issue with the new DNC rotation.

In the opener, you want to start your standard dance 15 seconds before pull. Use it on pull, then instantly go into technical.

Now Miqobot will pop Flourish the second standard step goes off, but before using Technical. So It’ll Flourish, then start dancing, wasting precious seconds of the procs gained from Flourishing. This is a guaranteed loss of at least one proc.

This is compounded even more in any endgame content. Because the Espirit gained from Technical will keep filling the gauge for Saber Dances, which take priority. There is not enough time to use all the procs, or the standard step that comes up during that time. As well as any Saber Dances that come up during the technical window, and before those procs from Flourish fall off. This happens with and without GCD queueing enabled. It leads to a fairly large DPS loss in the opener, and will continue to be potentially any time Technical and Flourish line up. And will cause drifting issues between Flourish and Devilment/Technical.

I also am not sure when the bot is wanting to use Saber Dance. It’s supposed to be used when you’re at or nearing 80 Espirit, especially during Technical. However it made no use of it that I could see during technical, even though it was sitting at 80 Espirit.

Like MCH with Reassemble + Drill. There is also an issue with the new GCD queueing and timing of some moves. If Standard Step is coming off cooldown, but the GCD is about to turn over, she’ll choose to queue up another action, even though the dance would have been queue-able before the GCD. Causing consistent Standard Step drift throughout the entire encounter.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Arktos. Reason: More information
    • This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Arktos.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Now Miqobot will pop Flourish the second standard step goes off, but before using Technical. So It’ll Flourish, then start dancing, wasting precious seconds of the procs gained from Flourishing. This is a guaranteed loss of at least one proc.

Would you please clarify, what adjustment do you propose?
    Should Miqobot replace Flourish with Devilment? Or should she delay both until Technical Step is complete?

In the opener, you want to start your standard dance 15 seconds before pull.

There is no such concept as “opener” in Miqobot.
    Assist Mode is based on a seamless list of rules that Miqobot follows regardless of the rotation phase. If you wish to optimize your DPS output, you have to perform the opener manually.

I also am not sure when the bot is wanting to use Saber Dance.

Saber Dance is used when Espirit gauge is above or equal 81.

This is compounded even more in any endgame content.

The combat system of Miqobot is not competitive in endgame and never will be.
    At the moment we have reached 90% of optimal performance, but the cost of every additional improvement after this grows exponentially.

Please keep in mind, however, this is not the purpose of the Assist Mode.
    Miqobot can help you progress new encounters and show decent performance in highly repetitive content, but she will never be able to surpass a human player in the raiding environment.

Regardless, we continue working on adjustments. Please clarify how the rotation can be improved and we will try to implement your suggestion.

There is also an issue with the new GCD queueing and timing of some moves.

If you don’t like the GCD queueing algorithm, please feel free to disable it in Assist Mode settings. This is exactly why the community asked us to implement this option.

Arktos
    Participant
    2+

Would you please clarify, what adjustment do you propose?
    Should Miqobot replace Flourish with Devilment? Or should she delay both until Technical Step is complete?

If possible. Have it hold Flourish if Technical is either available, or will be within… around 5 seconds?

In a normal encounter you would want to Technical > Flourish (There isn’t enough time to double weave after a dance finishes) > Weaker Proc GCD (Reverse Cascade or Rising Windmill) > Devilment > Use everything you have saved up as you can. Any other time Flourish is used off cooldown as long as there aren’t any active procs. But if Technical is about to come up, or you still have a proc active, you hold it until either/both have been used.

There is no such concept as “opener” in Miqobot.
    Assist Mode is based on a seamless list of rules that Miqobot follows regardless of the rotation phase.

As stated above, adding a rule to have Flourish be held if Technical is available, or will be shortly should fix the issue. Because as it stands even letting Miqo do her thing from the start, there will be procs that have timers expiring at the start of every encounter where everything is off cooldown.

Saber Dance is used when Espirit gauge is above or equal 81.

That is fine. However, is it possible to have that change when your own Technical Finish is up? It can shoot to 100 incredibly fast if you let it get that high during technical when in a full party, leading to wasted Espirit. So having it be used highest priority when it reaches 80 or 71+ during technical should alleviate that.

The combat system of Miqobot is not competitive in endgame and never will be.

With most jobs, yes. That is the case. However, with very few macros/tweaks the Physical Ranged jobs were able to perform incredibly well in Savage with very little adjustment. They were the stars of assist mode, leading to rankings in the high 50s-70s on fflogs when in a BiS set of gear. It has been a great tool during progress, and nights where you need some extra help.
    That statement was more about the fact that in eight-man content. When seven other people are generating Espirit for you, the issue of proc timers running out from using it before Technical is compounded because you also will be getting 2-4+ Saber Dances available during that window depending on RNG. So that will be even more Flourish procs wasted.

If you don’t like the GCD queueing algorithm, please feel free to disable it in Assist Mode settings. This is exactly why the community asked us to implement this option.

And I appreciate it. I like having that as an option. This section was more of a potential bug report. Because there sometimes would be enough of the GCD recast left when Standard came up for Miqo to hit it. Instead choosing another regular GCD. Sometimes it looked like as much as 1/4th of the GCD was left when standard would come off cooldown, but Miqo would still choose another action. It just feels like something is ‘wrong’ with or without GCD queueing enabled as compared to the previous patch.

Another suggestion that I’m not sure is implemented or not would be to have Miqo focus on using a proc with the shortest remaining duration.
    Others have mentioned the only problem I’ve noticed with MCH since the patch. And I think I covered the main issue with DNC.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

If possible. Have it hold Flourish if Technical is either available, or will be within… around 5 seconds?

Very well. This shouldn’t be hard to adjust.

That is fine. However, is it possible to have that change when your own Technical Finish is up? It can shoot to 100 incredibly fast if you let it get that high during technical when in a full party, leading to wasted Espirit. So having it be used highest priority when it reaches 80 or 71+ during technical should alleviate that.

All right. Shouldn’t be a problem either.

However, with very few macros/tweaks the Physical Ranged jobs were able to perform incredibly well in Savage with very little adjustment. They were the stars of assist mode, leading to rankings in the high 50s-70s on fflogs when in a BiS set of gear. It has been a great tool during progress, and nights where you need some extra help.

This is an interesting feedback.
    While it is a pleasant thing to know, we would prefer if this wasn’t a common environment for Assist Mode in Miqobot community. It wasn’t designed to perform in Savage content and we can not make any promises that it will get better in the future. The arrival of Endwalker expansion might alter the way rotations work and we might not be able to achieve even the same level of performance.

In any case, if you have managed to augment Assist Mode without 71+ abilities support, you can simply put them on a separate hotbar, instruct Miqobot to ignore it, and use the same macros and tweaks you used before.

Sometimes it looked like as much as 1/4th of the GCD was left when standard would come off cooldown, but Miqo would still choose another action.

Queueing is triggered at 96-100% of GCD cycle, which is approximately 100 ms before it becomes available. If there was 1/4th of the GCD left, it means that Miqobot would have to wait at least 500 ms more and clip the GCD on purpose.

It just feels like something is ‘wrong’ with or without GCD queueing enabled as compared to the previous patch.

The most likely explanation is the removal of GCD clipping that was previously occuring in Miqobot rotations.
    Without GCD queueing, Miqobot waits for the icon to charge at full 100% before triggering the necessary keybind. There is a delay of 25-100 ms after every GCD cycle, which leads to an overall GCD drift.
    With GCD queueing, this drift is removed and everything rotates slightly faster than before. Since the cooldown of Standard Step is not tied to skill speed, it may indeed arrive at different time within the GCD cycle. But this means that the cycle itself shortened, and the misalignment occurs due to increase in rotation speed.

For example, if Miqobot triggered 11.75 GCDs within 30 seconds previously, now she fits 12.25 GCDs into the same period of time.

Another suggestion that I’m not sure is implemented or not would be to have Miqo focus on using a proc with the shortest remaining duration.

We can try making this adjustment as well, but it conflicts with another important rule. AoE procs have a higher priority than single-target procs, because they have a short range requirement. If we remove it, there might be cases when your character is forced to disengage from melee range and Miqobot misses an opportunity to trigger AoE procs.

This section was more of a potential bug report. Because there sometimes would be enough of the GCD recast left when Standard came up for Miqo to hit it. Instead choosing another regular GCD.

Of course, we can investigate this issue and try to find a solution, if you believe it’s really important.
    However, please keep in mind that implementation of the GCD queueing system took more than 4 weeks and the result is +2% DPS on average. Addressing the issue with ability misalignment will probably take another 4 weeks with the potential outcome of +0.5% DPS. This is the exponential growth of improvement cost mentioned earlier.

Recently the community has been asking us to shift the development focus on Scenario Engine, and new dungeons support, and perhaps even Triple Triad, and several other features. But unfortunately, our resources are limited and we can not work on everything at the same time. So we have to choose carefully what feature pack we are going to improve next.

Regardless, we are very grateful for the constructive feedback.
    We will try our best to implement your suggestions.

Arktos
    Participant
    1+

That’s totally fine. I just wanted to let you know my thoughts on the rotations since patch. With the Flourish before technical being the big issue. Everything else is mostly just nitpicks that can be ignored. I’ll keep experimenting with it. The fact you even replied is above and beyond what I expected, anyway. Thank you for the insight, as well. And I totally understand this aspect is low-priority. Thank you for all the hard work.

Slyroh
    Participant

Hello,

Since the “last” update most of my crafting macros doesn’t work anymore cause it seems like Miqobot doesn’t want to use keybinds like “ctrl+spacebar” or “shift+spacebar” anymore. It was working fine up to 1.3.42, but now in 1.3.43.1 it just stop in the middle of the macro without error message or anything. I didn’t try in 1.3.43.

Is there a way to fix this on my end?

Hana
    Participant

miqo Resplendent tool Recipe Is it working properly?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Since the “last” update most of my crafting macros doesn’t work anymore cause it seems like Miqobot doesn’t want to use keybinds like “ctrl+spacebar” or “shift+spacebar” anymore. It was working fine up to 1.3.42, but now in 1.3.43.1 it just stop in the middle of the macro without error message or anything. I didn’t try in 1.3.43.

Is there a way to fix this on my end?

There has been no changes to the Macro Crafting feature in the latest update. Everything works exactly as before.

Please note that “spacebar” is not the correct syntax for Space key. It has to be entered the following way: {space}
    And the keybinds you mentioned should look like this:
    ctrl+{space}
    shift+{space}

If this information doesn’t help, please contact our Tech Support and we will investigate your issue further: https://miqobot.com/#support

We don’t know the answer to this question. Crafting Solver has not been tested with new Resplendent recipes:
    Shadowbringers – Miqobot Status
    If you attempt to craft them with Miqobot, please let us know how it goes.

Andylynyn
    Participant

There has been mixed feelings on it, but it seems that right now the Solver tries its best with what it has, meaning you’re very dependent on RNG, just like you would manually.

But it will always try to efficiently guide you towards as high as possible quality (if you so choose) and still complete the recipe.

Fara
    Participant

Been crafting resplendent recipes for a bit for the first stage and I would say the ratio is fine and there aren’t any too bad losses. IIRC 120 crafts resulted in a loss of less than 20 in the first stage. Roughly 20-30 turned into resulting in 1 material per turn in, the rest into 2 materials per turn in. It’s far more stable and has less of a loss ratio than my expert macros for ishgard.
    If needed, I can do some test crafts, write the numbers down, and post the result here but it might take me a day or two.

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,143 total)

The topic ‘Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback’ is closed to new replies.