Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback

Forum Forums Discussion Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback

This topic contains 1,142 replies, has 259 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 1,143 total)
  • Author
    Pain
    Pain
    Participant

Has anyone played AST yet? Do cards work? draw properly? etc…

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Rotations for Machinist, Dancer, Bard, Samurai, Monk and Red Mage seem to be much improved indeed. The work on Dancer being especially apparent. Eagerly awaiting the healer additions, great work so far!

Rotations are great by the way, tested on MCH and SAM. So far been top damage dealer of practically every content I’ve played so far, great work!

Thank you for your feedback very much!

There’s a new “bug” Ive found. Whenever I have miqo and ffxiv running in the backgroud and Im watching netflix, sometimes the audio will “leak” into my netflix stream. Like I can hear what’s going on in the game, usually seems to happen after finishing a dungeon or starting a new dungeon. It stops if I switch windows to the game and then back to netflix, but it’ll happen after a new dungeon starts. Seems to be a new issue as I’ve never noticed it before and I usually have miqo/ffxiv running in the background while watching netflix.

Miqobot doesn’t use code injections, so unfortunately we won’t be able to fix a bug in the game sound system.
    If the game client reactivates the ingame sound randomly, we would recommend to mute it with the Master Volume setting.

Hey – not sure if it’s a bug or not but last night I was running The Great Hunt (Extreme) with a group of people and was using MCH. Ran it about 10 times and on 3 of those occasions the combat assist seemed to just stop working right after the 2nd phase of the fight. I’m not sure whether the cutscene that transitions to the 2nd phase of the fight is what caused the issue but yea it seemed to just randomly start working again later on into the fight. I didn’t see any errors in the log but it definitely stopped immediately after the cutscene so maybe Miqo didn’t know that was over?

I can answer that one, it happens usually if you doing the ride on top for the active time event.

Yes, we have managed to reproduce this issue a while ago.

• It happens under very rare circumstances due to a bug in the game client, which allows the Cast Bar to remain active (albeit invisible) if it is interrupted by a cutscene, a loading screen, or in another non-standard way.
    • In addition, another bug may occur randomly wherein the Cast Bar would indicate that it’s not interrupted and is still proceeding normally.
    • When both of these bugs occur at the same time, it affects Miqobot’s ability to identify the Cast Bar correctly. She assumes that a cast is still in progress and therefore does not attempt to perform another action.

In order to recover from this problem, all you have to do is initiate the cast manually once. It doesn’t matter what ability to cast, even a simple Return will work. You can immediately interrupt it by moving.
    The purpose of this action is to trigger the normal behavior of the Cast Bar, which will allow Miqobot to identify it properly once again.

As this issue is extremely hard to reproduce, it will take some time for us to design a proper solution.
    In the meantime, if you encounter this problem again please use the workaround described above.

Only thing I would say on the mch side it be flamethrower doesn’t seem to be used but it doesn’t get interrupted either when you use it which is nice am guessing that’s intended, but yeah all mch needs is queen automaton and the bio blaster added some real nice work done.

Yes, Flamethrower is never triggered by Miqobot.
    It requires precise positioning and complete movement suspension which is very unnatural for Machinist play stile. Considering that DPS gain is minor, Flamethrower action is left for the user to choose. But Miqobot will detect it and will not interrupt it.

I have noticed for DNC in Sohm Al at least, as soon as Standard Step comes off cd, even with 30 seconds left of the buff, it immediately refreshes itself to the full duration of 60 seconds. Is this the expected and correct behavior?

Yes, this is the correct behavior.
    Standard Step is an AoE ability of high potency and wide range. It must be used on cooldown to maximize efficiency, with a few rare exceptions.

Has anyone played AST yet? Do cards work? draw properly? etc…

Healer rotations are in progress.
    Please follow the main status thread: Shadowbringers – Miqobot Status

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant

Is anyone else having issues with Blind Positionals since the Alpha update? WHenever I test MNK/NIN/SAM/DRG out on the striking dummy at my fC house, Miqo will run about 8 fulms in any whacky direction (usually *away* from the dummy and out of range) to hit the positional. And then because she’s out of range, I have to move her in again, only to have to fight to keep her close as she tries to run to her next positional (and then past… and then away again…)

I recall having run into this issue once on a very long, long while before, but now it’s all the time.

clementxd
    Participant

Hey Miqo, the work youve done is great! but i see one issue with almsot all the tanks, in dungeons they dont pop their defensive cool downs ever =O, like rampart and such, is anyone else having that issue in combat asssist? I also dont see holmgang, hallowed ground, superbolide and living dead being used either

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  clementxd.

clementxd
    Participant

sorry to double post but to add to my orginial, ive realized bards rotation, battle cry isnt use either, is anyone else having these issues in combat assist?

flintrucker
    Participant

sorry to double post but to add to my orginial, ive realized bards rotation, battle cry isnt use either, is anyone else having these issues in combat assist?

It pops for me — though the circumstances seem to have changed from the previous builds. While previously Miqobot would pop it immediately, this new version seems to actually gauge how many enemies you are actually engaged with and how much damage you are taking (correct me if I am wrong).

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  flintrucker.
    4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    1+

The more you see and read about then new combat update the more surprised i am about the quality … just amazing

Theonething
    Participant

Can confirm that battle voice is NOT being used…It’s got nothing to do with how many enemies are around you, its a pure DH buff. is there any way to get it back in the rotation where it used to be?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Theonething.
    Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

That update definitely was worth the wait.

I usually never ask for any ETA, but I just find myself in a project that I need to schedule around a Miqobot future feature, the combat abilities queuing system.
    What I’m looking for right now, is to understand where the combat abilities queuing is currently schedule, like is it for the update right after the first Trust dungeon update, or right after the update featuring all level 80 abilities, or even later during raid support updates?

I’m not looking for an exact date, just something I could use to estimate if there’s a chance to see it released in a month, or two, or before the end of 2019, or before 5.2 in February. And I know that any rough estimation should only be taken as tentative, not as any promise, priorities can shift, etc.

I’m trying to understand if that queing feature is a challenging one to code, or a normal milestone in the continuous combat updates.

It’s the feature I’m waiting the most currently, and any rough estimate would help me to schedule my project accordingly.

Thank you

Anno90
    Participant

Can confirm that battle voice is NOT being used…It’s got nothing to do with how many enemies are around you, its a pure DH buff. is there any way to get it back in the rotation where it used to be?

I’m glad to see there are more people who noticed this.

When I was playing the other day my BRD also didn’t use Battle Voice. Normally it was indeed used on cooldown, but now it didn’t use it. I turned ‘Heals and Buffs’ on in the settings, so I believe that solved it, because it started using it then. In the previous version I didn’t have to have that setting enabled in order for my BRD to use Battle Voice though.

And I prefer not to, because if enabled, it keeps also spamming Peleton on Cooldown which looks kinda fishy to me when there is nowhere to run to.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Anno90.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Is anyone else having issues with Blind Positionals since the Alpha update? WHenever I test MNK/NIN/SAM/DRG out on the striking dummy at my fC house, Miqo will run about 8 fulms in any whacky direction (usually *away* from the dummy and out of range) to hit the positional. And then because she’s out of range, I have to move her in again, only to have to fight to keep her close as she tries to run to her next positional (and then past… and then away again…)

I recall having run into this issue once on a very long, long while before, but now it’s all the time.

This issue usually indicates that there is a keybind conflict in your game settings.
    Please refer to our Help section in order to understand how to resolve this issue: Keybinds and Icons Recognition
    If this information doesn’t help, please contact our Tech Support: https://miqobot.com/#support

Hey Miqo, the work youve done is great! but i see one issue with almsot all the tanks, in dungeons they dont pop their defensive cool downs ever =O, like rampart and such, is anyone else having that issue in combat asssist? I also dont see holmgang, hallowed ground, superbolide and living dead being used either

As it was requested, defensive cooldowns are now classified as buffs.
    If you want Miqobot to use them, please enable “Heals and buffs” setting.

It pops for me — though the circumstances seem to have changed from the previous builds. While previously Miqobot would pop it immediately, this new version seems to actually gauge how many enemies you are actually engaged with and how much damage you are taking (correct me if I am wrong).

When I was playing the other day my BRD also didn’t use Battle Voice. Normally it was indeed used on cooldown, but now it didn’t use it. I turned ‘Heals and Buffs’ on in the settings, so I believe that solved it, because it started using it then. In the previous version I didn’t have to have that setting enabled in order for my BRD to use Battle Voice though.

Miqobot will use Battle Voice only when all your party members are in range of its effect.

In addition, as it was requested, Battle Voice is now classified as party buff.
    If you want Miqobot to use it, please enable “Heals and buffs” setting.

And I prefer not to, because if enabled, it keeps also spamming Peleton on Cooldown which looks kinda fishy to me when there is nowhere to run to.

If you don’t want Miqobot to use Peloton, you can simply remove it from your hotbar.
    If you still want to be able to use it yourself, you can create a macro for this ability and hide it behind a different icon:

/micon "Hissatsu: Gyoten"
    /ac "Peloton"

The more you see and read about then new combat update the more surprised i am about the quality … just amazing

I usually never ask for any ETA, but I just find myself in a project that I need to schedule around a Miqobot future feature, the combat abilities queuing system.
    What I’m looking for right now, is to understand where the combat abilities queuing is currently schedule, like is it for the update right after the first Trust dungeon update, or right after the update featuring all level 80 abilities, or even later during raid support updates?

I’m not looking for an exact date, just something I could use to estimate if there’s a chance to see it released in a month, or two, or before the end of 2019, or before 5.2 in February. And I know that any rough estimation should only be taken as tentative, not as any promise, priorities can shift, etc.

I’m trying to understand if that queing feature is a challenging one to code, or a normal milestone in the continuous combat updates.

It’s the feature I’m waiting the most currently, and any rough estimate would help me to schedule my project accordingly.

Thank you

It is one of the features that will require another thorough redesign of the core combat system. Yes, it is quite challenging.
    According to our calculations, it will result in +2% DPS. Therefore it’s not a priority when compared to implementing basic rotations, which constitute about 90% DPS.

The first attempt to implement the GCD queueing system is planned after the next version release. But if this attempt is not successful within a reasonable time frame, it will be pushed further into the future. We will make no promises at this moment, but we will do our best.

When it comes to scheduling expectations, we always recommend to consider only the features available today. If the ETA is crucial to your project, then please do not expect the GCD queuing system to be released at all. We sincerely apologize, but at this stage of development we are not ready to take on additional responsibilities.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Miqobot will use Battle Voice only when all your party members are in range of its effect.

That’s an excellent feature, particularly useful in current Eden 03 Savage, when the second BV gets available, half of the party is out of range, being on the opposite platform, and so far Miqobot was wasting this BV there on half the party, which was the reason why I was using it there manually during Week 1 of Eden Savage prog.
    Now it means that Miqobot will trigger it only when the middle of the arena is available again, and that the party meets there. Really good feature.

The first attempt to implement the GCD queueing system is planned after the next version release. But if this attempt is not successful within a reasonable time frame, it will be pushed further into the future. We will make no promises at this moment, but we will do our best.

This is excellent news, I hope your first attempt will cause you guys the least trouble possible, as I said it before, I take this as no promise at all, just a tentative and appreciable transparent information.

When it comes to scheduling expectations, we always recommend to consider only the features available today. If the ETA is crucial to your project, then please do not expect the GCD queuing system to be released at all. We sincerely apologize, but at this stage of development we are not ready to take on additional responsibilities.

You gave me exactly the kind of information I was looking for, I’ll put my project on hold, I now know there’s some slight tiny little chance I might be able to do it soon enough, and some chance I might have to push it back indefinitely, this helps me to manage different projects I have with FFXIV, thank you.
    Queuing is a nice DPS increase, but it also goes beyond its DPS utility, that’s why this is such a good feature and why I’m glad you’re trying to implement it, considering what you achieved in the past already, I have lots of faith in you, and if it doesn’t work out, then so be it, not the end of the world, to the impossible, no one is bound.

Scalyblue
    Participant

I tried some striking dummy on my 80 MCH. She doesn’t pop automation queen, she also does a wildfire hypercharge by herself once ( but uses wildfire before hypercharge, even though hypercharge should be used, and wildfire woven into it ) and as a result doesn’t always get the full 6 weaponskills under wildfire, but even after capping the heat gauge a second time she doesn’t attempt to wildfire or hypercharge again unless I shut off assist and restart it again.

All in all she does about 80% of the dps that I do unaided, which is quite an accomplishment for her

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

This is excellent news, I hope your first attempt will cause you guys the least trouble possible, as I said it before, I take this as no promise at all, just a tentative and appreciable transparent information.

Thank you for understanding very much!

I tried some striking dummy on my 80 MCH. She doesn’t pop automation queen

As it was announced, rotations are upgraded for levels 1-70. Automaton Queen is a level 80 ability.

she also does a wildfire hypercharge by herself once ( but uses wildfire before hypercharge, even though hypercharge should be used, and wildfire woven into it ) and as a result doesn’t always get the full 6 weaponskills under wildfire

Yes, we are aware of certain micro improvements that can be applied to Machinist rotation. If we do them now, however, it may be significantly disbalanced at low levels due to Gauss Round and Ricochet having only two charges. After we complete the basic level 80 support, additional optimizations will be implemented for all jobs.
    Thank you for your contribution.

but even after capping the heat gauge a second time she doesn’t attempt to wildfire or hypercharge again unless I shut off assist and restart it again.

Miqobot allows Hypercharge to be triggered only when Drill and Hot Shot are on cooldown. However, Hot Shot will not be triggered if there’s more than 80 Battery Gauge accumulated, which can not be dumped due to Automaton Queen not implemented.
    If you use Automaton Queen manually, the rotation will proceed normally.

All in all she does about 80% of the dps that I do unaided, which is quite an accomplishment for her

Sora
    Sora
    Participant

SAM seems to never use “Hissatsu:Kaiten” for “Hingabana” as far as I have noticed. I have to still check my logs to verify but just a heads up.

After testing it out, it seems like it prioritizes other ogcd’s before “Hissatsu:Kaiten”, so it ends up not using it if it clips gcds.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 1,143 total)

The topic ‘Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback’ is closed to new replies.