Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback

Forum Forums Discussion Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback

This topic contains 1,142 replies, has 259 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,143 total)
  • Author
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

SAM seems to never use “Hissatsu:Kaiten” for “Hingabana” as far as I have noticed. I have to still check my logs to verify but just a heads up.

After testing it out, it seems like it prioritizes other ogcd’s before “Hissatsu:Kaiten”, so it ends up not using it if it clips gcds.

Thank you for reporting.
    Yes, we are aware of this issue but it’s a little more complicated than that.

Kaiten has the highest priority of all oGCDs. However it will only be triggered when the character is not moving, because Iaijutsu has a cast time and requires to be standing still. If the character is moving during GCD cooldown, it will prevent Kaiten from being executed in time, even if the movement ceases before the next GCD cycle. The most obvious example is positionals movement.

Thus we have three options:

1. Clip the next GCD for late Kaiten.
    2. Trigger Kaiten during movement and hope that it won’t be wasted on a simple combo GCD.
    3. Do not trigger Kaiten unless the movement has ceased completely.

All options result in DPS loss, so we are still researching the best way to address this issue.

Sora
    Sora
    Participant

From what I have experienced though, when the Iaijutsu cast is cancelled due to boss mechanics or due to movement from the player, it waits a few seconds before using any other gcd. I think that would be a good solution here too since it’s important to use kaiten on all Iaijutsus. I’m not too sure about the exact dps loss but SAM dps comes mostly from Basic-Autoattacks and the Iaijutsu so clipping gcds might well be worth it.
    I’m glad you guys are aware of that though. I have also noticed that Miqo doesn’t use Blood by blood or second wind anymore, is that now included in the “Heals and buffs” setting?

jimjankins
    jimjankins
    Participant

>I have also noticed that Miqo doesn’t use Blood by blood or second wind anymore, is that now included in the “Heals and buffs” setting?

I can confirm that Miqo uses them when Heals and Buffs is enabled, so most likely that’s correct.

clementxd
    Participant

in combat assist, for some reason half way through a dungeon the combat assist stopped working? even tho the logs are saying that its still fighting xxx, ive tried restarting miqote and stop and finish but combat assist wouldnt start again

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

From what I have experienced though, when the Iaijutsu cast is cancelled due to boss mechanics or due to movement from the player, it waits a few seconds before using any other gcd.

Thank you for reporting. This shouldn’t happen.
    Interruption of any cast must be recognized as the signal to use another action immediately, because not doing so essentially means 0 DPS. Using actions in the wrong order is generally a minor DPS loss when compared to not using them at all. We will investigate this problem further.

I have also noticed that Miqo doesn’t use Blood by blood or second wind anymore, is that now included in the “Heals and buffs” setting?

I can confirm that Miqo uses them when Heals and Buffs is enabled, so most likely that’s correct.

Yes, Second Wind is now classified as a healing action.

Would you please clarify, what exactly do you mean when saying “Blood by blood”?
    If you ask about Dragoon ability Blood for Blood, which was renamed to Lance Charge in 5.0, then it’s a part of DPS rotation and does not require “Heals and Buffs” setting enabled.
    If you ask about Role ability Bloodbath, then yes, it is also classified as a healing action.

in combat assist, for some reason half way through a dungeon the combat assist stopped working? even tho the logs are saying that its still fighting xxx, ive tried restarting miqote and stop and finish but combat assist wouldnt start again

Yes, we have managed to reproduce this issue a while ago.

• It happens under very rare circumstances due to a bug in the game client, which allows the Cast Bar to remain active (albeit invisible) if it is interrupted by a cutscene, a loading screen, or in another non-standard way.
    • In addition, another bug may occur randomly wherein the Cast Bar would indicate that it’s not interrupted and is still proceeding normally.
    • When both of these bugs occur at the same time, it affects Miqobot’s ability to identify the Cast Bar correctly. She assumes that a cast is still in progress and therefore does not attempt to perform another action.

In order to recover from this problem, all you have to do is initiate the cast manually once. It doesn’t matter what ability to cast, even a simple Return will work. You can immediately interrupt it by moving.
    The purpose of this action is to trigger the normal behavior of the Cast Bar, which will allow Miqobot to identify it properly once again.

As this issue is extremely hard to reproduce, it will take some time for us to design a proper solution.
    In the meantime, if you encounter this problem again please use the workaround described above.

Not Human
    Not Human
    Participant

Question about AST are using cards not implemented yet? as I haven’t been able to get it to use any as I am aware the healers are very WIP atm and I wasn’t sure if it was a bug something I did wrong or part of what needs to be added.

Anno90
    Participant

Question about AST are using cards not implemented yet? as I haven’t been able to get it to use any as I am aware the healers are very WIP atm and I wasn’t sure if it was a bug something I did wrong or part of what needs to be added.

Not implemented yet. If you want AST to use cards, you should do it manually for now.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Anno90.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Anno90.
    Not Human
    Not Human
    Participant

KK thanks for confirming.

Sora
    Sora
    Participant

Will the 5.1 updates be included in the next version of combat assist? SAM and NIN got some changes, not sure if you guys prepared for that.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

We don’t have access to private development servers, if that’s what your question is about.
    5.1 changes can be implemented only after the Patch 5.1 goes live.

Sora
    Sora
    Participant

Well, will you wait for the 5.1 patch and adjust or release without the adjustments?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

There are many critical hotfixes aside from combat updates. If we manage to finish them earlier, they will be released before Patch 5.1.

SirVG
    SirVG
    Participant

Been leveling my melee and I noticed something that needs adjustment.

SAM has no need for True North in ARR content as the two positionals only impact Kenki which you don’t get until 52 anyways. Miqobot should be programmed not to use it for this content as no normal player would use it either.

They also won’t do positionals, but that can be disabled at least by unchecking blind positionals…

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Thank you for reporting.
    Yes, we are aware of minor improvements that can be implemented for low levels.

In the meantime, if you don’t want Miqobot to use a certain ability, you can simply remove it from your hotbar.

Dragonshy142
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t know if it’s been reported already, but it seems like Miqo isn’t summoning Eos/Selene with SCH. It does everything else fine (from what I can see), but just doesn’t bother with the faeries. I don’t know if it uses the faerie spells if I manually summon them, though.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,143 total)

The topic ‘Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback’ is closed to new replies.