Newcomer's questions

Forum Forums Discussion Newcomer's questions

This topic contains 133 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Gray Gray 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

AV software is not really major problem: you can always add exceptions.

Lyfox: but you can add the whole Miqobot folder to exceptions (i.e. radar included)? Also, you can turn off AV software while downloading.

Hey Gray take a look. Weve got another of those threads: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/newcomer-unable-to-open-miqobot/

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

they didn’t expect the game to recover so well after the flop that FFXIV 1.0 was.

1.0 was not a flop, I was there the all time, every single day, there was plenty of players having fun, it was fantastic to have all continents playing together, JP EU America Oceania, it was so exotic, and beat XI scores.

It has its flaws, like every single games of this genre at their release.

SE made a shit tons of money selling the game.
    They managed to made pseudo gaming journalists and self proclaimed internet games experts to believe whatever they wanted to believe after their super serious 4 hours test while never going back to actually facts checking.

SE didn’t bother contradicting them, which was super weird from the point of view of all players actually playing and enjoying the game (we were like WTF), but rather SE brushed, caressed and pet all those pseudo journalists and self proclaimed game experts by never gainsaying them, which proved to be the right strategy for what they had in plan next.

Truth is, Tanaka was a visionary, he built a high graphical quality game, prepared it for the decade coming by having high polygon count, high res model and textures, a real open world with no loading screens, not even to enter cities, not even inside the cities, using brand new modern techniques where datas were streamed from hard drive while you were passing in specific areas without you noticing anything, giving you an unimaginable sense of immersion, it was a whole world, not a collection of zones, everything was truly connected, not cheated with spacial ellipses.

All tier 3 Cut Scenes were entirely made from Motion Captures, not crappy emotes, and they had all a cinematographer making inspired and talented framing, camera movements and editing. (the scenes you see with mocap in 2.x, were made from stealing mocap of 1.0 scenes that had nothing to do with the 2.0 ones)

Uematsu music was the best of his long FF career, it was his fucking return, first time he made all musics since FFIX, a master piece, Soken himself knows more than anyone else how far he is from his master.

Tanaka had boundaries everywhere for the lore, the story, the gear, the races, the genders, etc. because he knew that boundaries force you to work with them, inside them, to make something consistent and believable, and that too much freedom always lead to non sense, disconnected things, immersion break.

Tanaka, unlike Yoshida, knew how much all of this was important. Tanaka was an artist making work of art, Yoshida is a former WoW player working for a greedy company.

The truth is Tanaka wanted to skip the PS3, knowing how much PS2 limited them in XI, which was the right choice, but the greedy old CEO of SE pushed him to make a PS3 client, which was impossible with the high quality choices he made, and that CEO also pushed him to release the game way sooner than planned, to counter the WoW expansion, forcing Tanaka to rush lots of stuff, to repeat places, etc.

So, today, when Yoshida enjoys making fun of Tanaka team and their super high polygon count for a flower pot, and at the very same time you don’t get a week without having someone on Reddit making a topic about how the current FFXIV lacks polygons, textures, AA, etc. in truth who should laugh at who?

Yoshida has no cinema and literature culture, he doesn’t know the potential of his game in that regards, Tanaka knew.

SE always expected to succeed with ARR, because they had already so many 1.0 players backing them up, they could not fail it, they were good again at makeing people think whatever they wanted to think, putting them on their side rather than fighting them with undisclosed important numbers, which proved to be a smart strategy in the long term.

Truth is, when pseudo gaming journalists and self proclaimed gamers experts little scamps get together, they’re worse than a sewing circle.
    They don’t make any investigations, they don’t spend time testing, for almost 2 decades people thought FFXI was a flop, while it was the FF that brought back to SE the most money, more than FFVII, more than any FF, you only had to buy SE shares and attend a shareholder assembly to learn it.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Hey Gray take a look. Weve got another of those threads: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/newcomer-unable-to-open-miqobot/

Well why me? I wonder why doesn’t dev team answer in that topic… I mean, it should be quite obvious for a developer: what’s wrong there, and how to avoid that. It could have been added to FAQ, even – a simple list of “what should be whitelisted, what should be added to exceptions and so on”.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Because you said AV is not a problem? Everythings already answered i just thought your insight could be useful. Nevermind then.

Arc
    Arc
    5+

I wonder why doesn’t dev team answer in that topic…

Why should they, when Lyfox already answered everything for them there.

Remember: Miqobot is not some big official software development company like Adobe or Hammer & Chisel Inc. or something, that makes public statements through a marketing/support team.
    When you are talking with the Miqobot forum account, you are actually talking to literal Final Fantasy XIV players who made this bot.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Today’s news:

We have confirmed that a number of players are engaging in these illicit activities and have therefore taken the actions listed below.

Time Period: Apr. 11, 2019 to Apr. 17, 2019

・Participation in RMT/prohibited activities
     ・Accounts terminated: 4,888
     ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 14
    ・Botting activity (Using any number of third party tools that allow for automation)
     ・Accounts terminated: 3
     ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 14
    ・RMT advertising
     ・Accounts terminated: 1,940

And that’s just a single week! Did they hit someone here?

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    3+

Ok, so, you’re completely new to this game, so let me tell you that in those weekly announcements, there’s never people who use advanced bots like this one and play smart at the same time, meaning not letting the bot unattended, etc.

People in those announcements are RMT, with suspicious characters, several characters following each other with dumb names, bad gear, no glamours, new accounts, barely any achievements, no LS, no friends, ultra greedy, always doing the same thing 24/7, not discreet, using hacks to walk below the floor, players that don’t really blend with the rest of players, players botting in unranked PvP for EXP, are easy to spot and check, and are a nuisance to SE regular players.

If you don’t mess with the players, SE won’t mess with you, you can play in their grey area.

Arc
    Arc

And that’s just a single week! Did they hit someone here?

Most likely not.

Those banwaves come all the time and usually screen out the hordes of hack bots. Those are mostly from some Chinese RMT companies making massive amounts of accounts, naming their characters something like “Tsaldfjhgsdx Laskdjfh” and using dirty hack bots that inject code into the game, so they teleport around the area and kill enemies from inside walls to quickly complete the Main Story and make gil that way.
    Those get banned extremely fast and as stated many times before: Those work mostly only via game codes bought with credit card fraud.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    2+

they didn’t expect the game to recover so well after the flop that FFXIV 1.0 was.

1.0 was not a flop, I was there the all time, every single day, there was plenty of players having fun, it was fantastic to have all continents playing together, JP EU America Oceania, it was so exotic, and beat XI scores.

It has its flaws, like every single games of this genre at their release.

SE made a shit tons of money selling the game.
    They managed to made pseudo gaming journalists and self proclaimed internet games experts to believe whatever they wanted to believe after their super serious 4 hours test while never going back to actually facts checking.

SE didn’t bother contradicting them, which was super weird from the point of view of all players actually playing and enjoying the game (we were like WTF), but rather SE brushed, caressed and pet all those pseudo journalists and self proclaimed game experts by never gainsaying them, which proved to be the right strategy for what they had in plan next.

Truth is, Tanaka was a visionary, he built a high graphical quality game, prepared it for the decade coming by having high polygon count, high res model and textures, a real open world with no loading screens, not even to enter cities, not even inside the cities, using brand new modern techniques where datas were streamed from hard drive while you were passing in specific areas without you noticing anything, giving you an unimaginable sense of immersion, it was a whole world, not a collection of zones, everything was truly connected, not cheated with spacial ellipses.

All tier 3 Cut Scenes were entirely made from Motion Captures, not crappy emotes, and they had all a cinematographer making inspired and talented framing, camera movements and editing. (the scenes you see with mocap in 2.x, were made from stealing mocap of 1.0 scenes that had nothing to do with the 2.0 ones)

Uematsu music was the best of his long FF career, it was his fucking return, first time he made all musics since FFIX, a master piece, Soken himself knows more than anyone else how far he is from his master.

Tanaka had boundaries everywhere for the lore, the story, the gear, the races, the genders, etc. because he knew that boundaries force you to work with them, inside them, to make something consistent and believable, and that too much freedom always lead to non sense, disconnected things, immersion break.

Tanaka, unlike Yoshida, knew how much all of this was important. Tanaka was an artist making work of art, Yoshida is a former WoW player working for a greedy company.

The truth is Tanaka wanted to skip the PS3, knowing how much PS2 limited them in XI, which was the right choice, but the greedy old CEO of SE pushed him to make a PS3 client, which was impossible with the high quality choices he made, and that CEO also pushed him to release the game way sooner than planned, to counter the WoW expansion, forcing Tanaka to rush lots of stuff, to repeat places, etc.

So, today, when Yoshida enjoys making fun of Tanaka team and their super high polygon count for a flower pot, and at the very same time you don’t get a week without having someone on Reddit making a topic about how the current FFXIV lacks polygons, textures, AA, etc. in truth who should laugh at who?

Yoshida has no cinema and literature culture, he doesn’t know the potential of his game in that regards, Tanaka knew.

SE always expected to succeed with ARR, because they had already so many 1.0 players backing them up, they could not fail it, they were good again at makeing people think whatever they wanted to think, putting them on their side rather than fighting them with undisclosed important numbers, which proved to be a smart strategy in the long term.

Truth is, when pseudo gaming journalists and self proclaimed gamers experts little scamps get together, they’re worse than a sewing circle.
    They don’t make any investigations, they don’t spend time testing, for almost 2 decades people thought FFXI was a flop, while it was the FF that brought back to SE the most money, more than FFVII, more than any FF, you only had to buy SE shares and attend a shareholder assembly to learn it.

I agree 100%

what you wrote is so sad and true

Nirvana Flame
    Nirvana Flame
    Participant

To be honest I don’t think this is the place to be talking about this?
    I could also be wrong but I don’t think it’s contributing to this topic in the least.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Right now I’m leveling up DoH skills on the second account, with Miqo this time (while my main is not busy grinding with Miqo). And… either I’m doing something wrong, or Crafter solver behaves weirdly. Let’s take an example: newbie lvl15-20 materials, craftable in a single Careful Synthesis, 230+ CP. The best possible sequence looks like the following:

Inner Quiet
    Waste Not
    Steady Hand
    Basic Touch
    Basic Touch
    Standard Touch
    Standard Touch
    Standard Touch
    Careful Synthesis

This way all Touch actions are covered by Steady Hand. Of course, Touches are exchangeable (i.e. Standard when Good condition, otherwise Basic). Well, suffice to say, Miqo never finds this sequence. It tries different ones, depending on condition; sometimes it uses Standard Touch (on Good condition) before Waste Not or even before Steady Hand, but it never “learns” that it should start from Waste Not, so the last Touch action always lacks Steady Hand buff. Moreover, when there is just 10 durability left AND Waste Not is active AND it has enough CPs left (seldom happens when there were too many Good conditions at begin, before using Waste Not), it instantly uses Careful Synthesis without using the last Touch.

So I want to ask: does Miqo “know” that it does not actually need 10 durability to use Careful Synthesis? Does it “know” that 5 is enough?

zgo63925
    Participant

So I want to ask: does Miqo “know” that it does not actually need 10 durability to use Careful Synthesis? Does it “know” that 5 is enough?

THis sequence is not possible if you have “progress first” enabled.

It should threat 5 and 10 the same.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  zgo63925.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

There is no such thing as “progress first” in case a single progress action fills progress from zero to max – it HAS to be the last action used, or we insta end with no quality at all. And no, it does not seem that it treats 5 and 10 the same… looks like the opposite.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

In be4 ShB… I know Miqo “sees” even inactive nodes, unspoiled including. But HOW does it “see” them? Is that because this knowledge is “built-in” by Miqo team, or it steals it from game resources automatically?

I mean, once ShB is out, Wiki and GamerEscape node lists will be outdated, so we will have to discover nodes ourselves, to gain maximum profits from insane starting prices. But, it’s not enough to just find them – we have to make Miqo “see” them too…

Arc
    Arc
    1+

I mean, once ShB is out, Wiki and GamerEscape node lists will be outdated

They will not become outdated, as all old nodes don’t change with a new expansion. Also, GamerEscape, Teamcraft and Garlandtools have a track record of updating their database even before the servers are up, because you can datamine gathering data from the game filed, even before any person has found the items manually.

The only thing you cannot find out via gamefiles are:

1. Desynthesis, as the desynthesis rewards are handled 100% server-side with no client-side data about the drops

2. PotD trap & coffer locations, as they are also handled completely server-side

3. Aquapolis/Canals of Uznair/Lost Canals paths, since they are created after you selected a door in-game and the server decides via RNG, which path gets loaded

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.