Newcomer's questions

Forum Forums Discussion Newcomer's questions

This topic contains 133 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Gray Gray 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by LutBot LutBot.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Arc: that’s nice to hear, thanks!

you can datamine gathering data from the game filed, even before any person has found the items manually

Does that mean Miqo datamines deposit locations from game files too? So basically I can just fly around without mining/herbalism trained at all, but with Miqo launched, and see empty white dots around anyway?

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Does that mean Miqo datamines deposit locations from game files too?

I don’t know if Miqobot datamines it, but when it comes to deposit locations, there is no need for any datamining. The deposit locations themselves are entities in the world, just like mobs, players and NPCs, which is why Miqo can automatically detect them with its inbuilt radar. You can even highlight them in-game and post their position+name with both <pos> and <t> in chat. Gathering nodes work identically to any kind of NPC or PC, just that they don’t move and have a crafting interaction.

The interesting part however is: What’s inside these deposits and in which slot? I’m not sure how Miqo works with that, I just know that for some nodes with certain settings on, which I can’t remember, Miqobot autodetects, which item is in which slot and she also detects in which slots there are items in general.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Arc Arc.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Arc: very nice, thanks again!

Plus two more questions/problems found today… When I run a single grid which consists of both collectables (when enough GP) and plain gathering (when none), everything is OK: Miqo turns on Collector’s Glove once regained enough GP, and switches it off after that. Immediately after collecting it pops cordial, and repeats. Though, when collectables are in one grid (of the same scenario) while non-collectables are in another (i.e. gathering useful stuff in between unspoileds), it arrives to non-collectable grid with Collector’s Glove on and spams node slot which simply can’t be gathered as collectable, effectively going into infinite cycle. So far I’ve just added SendKey after gathering unspoiled (to turn Collector’s Glove off), but it does not look like a correct solution to me… Also, all 6 unspoiled presets have “cordial” setting on, but it never uses any cordials – neither before nor after gathering (which means one or two of six nodes are gathered as non-collectable). Again, I’ve added it as SendKey, but it’s just plain wrong (what if we don’t need cordial after this certain node?)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Gray Gray.

zgo63925
    Participant

Arc: very nice, thanks again!

Plus two more questions/problems found today… When I run a single grid which consists of both collectables (when enough GP) and plain gathering (when none), everything is OK: Miqo turns on Collector’s Glove once regained enough GP, and switches it off after that. Immediately after collecting it pops cordial, and repeats. Though, when collectables are in one grid (of the same scenario) while non-collectables are in another (i.e. gathering useful stuff in between unspoileds), it arrives to non-collectable grid with Collector’s Glove on and spams node slot which simply can’t be gathered as collectable, effectively going into infinite cycle. So far I’ve just added SendKey after gathering unspoiled (to turn Collector’s Glove off), but it does not look like a correct solution to me… Also, all 6 unspoiled presets have “cordial” setting on, but it never uses any cordials – neither before nor after gathering (which means one or two of six nodes are gathered as non-collectable). Again, I’ve added it as SendKey, but it’s just plain wrong (what if we don’t need cordial after this certain node?)

For disabling collectors glove you can use a per item rotation which includes disable collect. Look up the help threads for the syntax.

For the cordials, basically cordials are only used if the amount to gather in the gathering tab is bigger than one, if it wasnt like this it would pop a cordial after one node regardless of what comes next and waste them.

To avoid this you can either gather more than one i.e 5, or better send the input for it with sendicon in your scenario.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

For disabling collectors glove you can use a per item rotation which includes disable collect. Look up the help threads for the syntax.

Hmmmmm either I miss something obvious in help files, or… there is no such thing as “disable collect”? I mean, Glove is enabled and disabled using the same key, so I can’t just blindly add sendKey – rather, Miqo should press it in case Glove is turned on while grid requires no collecting!

For the cordials, basically cordials are only used if the amount to gather in the gathering tab is bigger than one, if it wasnt like this it would pop a cordial after one node regardless of what comes next and waste them.

To avoid this you can either gather more than one i.e 5

It won’t work. It’s unspoiled, damn it! I can’t even add startGathering(2) because it gathers an unspoiled and then waits for a non-existant second one indefinitely (well, at least for 2 eorzean hours – I didn’t let it to waste any more time)…

or better send the input for it with sendicon in your scenario.

This is not any different from sendKey (as long as cordial is on a visible and mapped hotbar) 🙁

zgo63925
    Participant
    1+

Hmmmmm either I miss something obvious in help files, or… there is no such thing as “disable collect”? I mean, Glove is enabled and disabled using the same key, so I can’t just blindly add sendKey – rather, Miqo should press it in case Glove is turned on while grid requires no collecting!

Thats a function you can use in a rotation. Basically what you do is in your scenario for the two item grids use gatherRotation() to specify the gathering rotation for the collectables with “Collect” in the rotation and for the normal gathering specify the other rotation which has “DisableCollect”.

This is not any different from sendKey (as long as cordial is on a visible and mapped hotbar) 🙁

That is true, its your best bet for now.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Thats a function you can use in a rotation. Basically what you do is in your scenario for the two item grids use gatherRotation() to specify the gathering rotation for the collectables with “Collect” in the rotation and for the normal gathering specify the other rotation which has “DisableCollect”.

Ahh, this one! Yea, it worked 🙂 grand merci!

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

I had to make a grid which includes zone switch (you know, there is no aetheryte in Dravanian Hinterlands). Sometimes Miqo travels into zone switch area normally and continues moving once next area is loaded, but sometimes it starts to panic like this:

(23:44:47) I don’t recognize this place… I think I had a blackout… Maybe somebody’s watching me! I’d better hide in the corner quietly.
    …….
    (23:44:48) 1 trip more..
    (23:44:48) Sorry, can’t move. I had a blackout and I’m still hiding in the corner!
    (23:44:48) Destination reached!
    (23:44:48) Blackout while travelling… Good night! <3
    (23:44:48) (NOTE) Blackout switch is triggered.
    (23:44:48) (NOTE) Please save the message log for analysis and restart Miqobot.

The question is: how do you disable this “blackout switch”? Or Hinterlands and alike zones are off-limits for Miqo?

zgo63925
    Participant
    1+

The question is: how do you disable this “blackout switch”? Or Hinterlands and alike zones are off-limits for Miqo?

To transition between zones always use the function for it.

goToZoneGate( angle )

Have your last way point a few steps away from the zone, like maybe half a second or a second of walking, then specify the angle to face to get into the new zone and Miqo will transition.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Oh darn, another nice function I’ve missed totally %) Thanks again!

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

repeatChapterUntil() is placed in the end of chapter, yet it can interrupt a chapter in the middle of it. How so? Is there any way to make sure it FINISHES a chapter before going for the next one when time goes out?

zgo63925
    Participant

repeatChapterUntil() is placed in the end of chapter, yet it can interrupt a chapter in the middle of it. How so?

Because it does not check for the time when the function executes but it rather sets a timer as you can see in the output box. As soon that timer is hit it progresses to the next chapter.

Is there any way to make sure it FINISHES a chapter before going for the next one when time goes out?

None I’m aware of.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Mkay… another question, then. Can scenario launch another scenario? Say, I made a set of scenarios. Now I’m going check my stock and set today’s activities for my toon as a set of scenarios with timers: do this one for given amount of hours, then that one for some more hours, while skipping the third one totally because I have yet to sell what I farmed yesterday?

If it’s not possible, then an alternate solution: is it possible to #define sets of actions in the beginning of a “metascenario”? Say, I make a scenario which consists of chapters like “DEFINE1; workFor(1:0:0); DEFINE2; workFor(1:0:0)” and so on. Then I can just reserve the first chapter for defines, and quickly copypaste them from a file to create today’s schedule.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

From what I know from other games, in case your account is marked for banwave, in most cases banwave comes right before some addon/expansion. This tactic covers two goals: first, it might hit botters who have bought and entered their addon codes already (thus giving devs extra money for nothing); second, it reduces amount of hate and whine which comes from people returning to try the addon. So my question is: when is it safe to assume you are not banned this time, to buy and apply ShB codes on all botting accounts? Today at evening? at night?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.