Index: Chocobo Racing Waypoints

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Index: Chocobo Racing Waypoints

This topic contains 127 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  xeratzy 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

We recommend enabling Show -> Progress on Gold Saucer tab.
    It will display an orange line with numerical progress on your screen.

After that, you can teleport to Quarrymill and align your character with the exact position where you want your jump to be.

I went to the spot where the waypoint I want to modify is outside of Quarrymill (as seen in the picture above). What do I do now? I can see the Rails, Mid-Rail, Progress and waypoints. I’m not sure how to modify it from here though. Or is this just to reference the progress percentage when editing the file?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, this is just a reference to the progress percentage 🙂
    Unfortunately Chocobo Racing Editor is not implemented yet. So you will have to remember the percentage, and then edit the waypoints manually.

At the moment, we are considering three possible solutions for Chocobo Racing Editor.
    If you want to know more, please refer to this thread (started by @dc0ke): Chocobo Racing Recording Tips/Help

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

Thank you so much for the help @miqobot ! Using the reference I put a 1 on the waypoint where I wanted it to be and now she misses that silly heavy spot. Even more wins now!!

BigBird
    Participant

i dont know whats wrong with the waypoints in the post but the r200 one just keeps running into a bunch of hazards and it’s rendering the bot basically useless by always coming in last place. it always runs over the red hazard block at around 60% and then almost always hits the three red hazard blocks on the bridge in sagolii road.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Most likely this R-200 preset has been created prior to patch 3.25, which changed the positioning of obstacles in some races.
    Patch 3.25 Notes

If you have recorded your own version of R-200 waypoints, please share them and I will gladly include them into the first post 🙂

Azatael
    Participant

Okay guys, I hope this thread isn’t dead. I’m currently using the trial version of Miqobot, seriously considering subbing.

I need some help setting up my own choco waypoints for R-300. I was using FTAC 14s and testing them, but some jump timings and pathings could be improved, imo. His paths tend to net me from 7th to 3rd place, with the occasional 1st, 2nd and when shit hits the fan, 8th.

Now, I believe that unless I get about a 70% win ratio or more on R-300, for MGP farming purposes, it’s better to just spam the Out on a Limb games on Morbol diffculty… right?

Anyhow, I could use some help setting up the waypoints, if you could be so kind.

PS: Choco itself isn’t an issue, I went through the hurdle of training one to (almost) perfection as I was ranking it up to G9:

(There’s an identical post to this one in the Chocobo Racing section, but since it looked like it was quite a while since folks last posted in there, I’m posting this in here as well. Delete one of the two, if deemed necessary)

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, Minion Square Minigames are currently the best known method for MGP farming.

However we aim to provide as many features as possible. We are working on improvements for Chocobo Racing waypoints editor and implementing Triple Triad as well.

In the meantime, if you create your own version of R-300 waypoints and would like to share with the community, I will gladly add them to the index 🙂

verun
    verun
    Participant
    1+

I’m planning to subscribe for this awesome piece of software just for the purpose of getting some MGP. The two mini games alone are enough for farming. But I’d love to use this effectively for chocobo racing too.
    I’m still in trial time but I’ll buy it even if chocobo racing won’t work for me.

After R80 (lower class) I simply can’t seem to get it to work.
    I tried using the waypoint sets of staticechos and Lyfox’s as well as a self made set and always end up 7th or last in r100 and r120.

Latency is around 25-40 and FPS constantly above 80.
    All treasures are taken and traps avoided. Sagolii Road and Costa end up the same.
    Choco is maxed on food even. Accel/Deaccel settings are default.

On maiden, R40 and R60 i usually was first.

Am I doing it wrong?

verun
    verun
    Participant
    1+

To answer my post (I can’t edit the post for some reason):

Yes I did something wrong.
    I solely fed the Choco speed max food. That turned out bad. The next got all on stamina and I run much better with him.

Not the fault of the bot.

shine
    Participant

Did anyone put them all together instead of just 1 file for each level? Or is that not advisable?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Thats easy actually. When you import them in Miqobot select all files at once and they will be imported together.

Each file comes with comments from its creator and if you put everything together you wont see them or wouldnt know who to ask for help. I like the current system and would advise against merging. But its up to you.

shine
    Participant

How do I add the new presets to miqobot? I tried searching the forum and it keeps coming up about the listed preset but not how to implement. I apologize if this isn’t the right place to post this question.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Its in the guides. Take a look at this one: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-import-export/

shine
    Participant

Thank you. Very much!

farbod21
    Participant

Anyone have the new waypoints? Sucks grinding right now…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.