Bot News?

Forum Forums Discussion Bot News?

This topic contains 59 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by Falbium Falbium 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Ariel BB
    Ariel BB
    Participant
    2+

Will like to say a huge thank you to you and your team for this amazing programme and hard work. It really makes my life so much easier. Thank you x 9999 🙂

No, we will not increase the price of Miqobot subscription and we will not introduce hidden payments.
    A temporary hype wave is not the reason to make systematic changes to the project.

Honestly, how little the program has developed over the past 2 months is kind of annoying to hear.

This is probably the most frequent type of complaint we have been receiving over the past 6 years of Miqobot existence.
    Despite the fact that we implemented and released several hundred features and updates, the pressure and demand for more features only increases with time. If we haven’t been able to satisfy the demand after all these years, then it is unlikely we ever will.

Cobine
    Participant
    7+

I mean, there’s plenty of features in here already? The crafting and gathering should keep you going for years. And with the assist mode you are free to do all the games content with minimal effort. The bot is worth it for assist mode alone. At this point, extra features are more of a ‘nice to have’ rather than necessary. There is a way to do pretty much everything in the game with this bot. Yes, some things are not the most efficient, such as leveling from 61-70 and gathering latest patch tomestones, but you can still do these things! The bot is incredible, and considering how cheap it is as well… I guess as miqobot said above, some people will never be happy.

Not trying to jump on anyone that complains, just maybe you should think about what your in game goals are first before complaining about features. As with this bot you can do most of the content in the game, all automated. I’ve been using it since Feb this year and it’s just been revolutionary.

NepNep
    Participant
    2+

I mean, there’s plenty of features in here already? The crafting and gathering should keep you going for years. And with the assist mode you are free to do all the games content with minimal effort. The bot is worth it for assist mode alone. At this point, extra features are more of a ‘nice to have’ rather than necessary. There is a way to do pretty much everything in the game with this bot. Yes, some things are not the most efficient, such as leveling from 61-70 and gathering latest patch tomestones, but you can still do these things! The bot is incredible, and considering how cheap it is as well… I guess as miqobot said above, some people will never be happy.

Not trying to jump on anyone that complains, just maybe you should think about what your in game goals are first before complaining about features. As with this bot you can do most of the content in the game, all automated. I’ve been using it since Feb this year and it’s just been revolutionary.

To be clear I wasnt trying to sound like a complainant or a nay sayer, I mean I work in IT dev and support. So I get the work load of it all. I just felt that combined with the long lack of updates and their recent explanation. This was the best place of any to ask about what the outlook/plans were for the endwalker dev cycle.

I love miqobot, have used it for years and plan to so long as its alive, just because someone expresses concern, does not make it a complaint. Asking questions for insight is not the same as complaining.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  NepNep.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  NepNep.

TaipOkala
    Participant
    2+

Honestly I think we are getting a damn good product and service for $10/m. The forum is very active and the bot really does give you everything you would need 🙂

Ray
    Participant
    2+

I understand that miqobot will not increase in price, but I echo other people’s sentiments in that I would very happily pay more per month, probably $15. The project has had a very positive impact on my gameplay. I personally do not mind waiting longer for quality updates, I appreciate that when features are released or even updated they are not bugged. Keep doing what your doing miqo team. But don’t neglect your health for this project either.

edgedy
    Participant
    1+

I feel the next time that a decision is made by the community on the development cycle we should probably attach estimate project times to each of the selections. Picking the widespread ‘QoL’ seems to have been a poor decision and while it may work in the long run I feel there may have been better options the community could have chosen instead. Not being sassy because the thing I wanted wasn’t chosen but I’d rather smaller tangible projects over large overwhelming overhauls when it’s unclear what Endwalker will bring.

I also recognize that redundancy is also a consideration, will this new feature become obsolete over time is definitely a concern.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  edgedy.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Im reading the voting thread right now and it has both of the points you mentioned: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/voting-next-feature/
    There are estimates and redundancy notes for dungeons support.

necrocorey
    Participant

Hi, this isn’t *exactly* related, but I thought this was the appropriate place to put this.

I was looking through the updates thread here: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/patch-notes/
    and saw that Triple Triad support was on the roster.
    Then I also saw this thread: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/triple-triad-development/
    stating what it could do and saw how old it was.

My question is just whether that means it’s been included for a while or will be soon? (relative to when updates come out of course)
    I wasn’t really sure how to read the patch notes thread with the crossed out items and whatnot.

reeeeeeeee
    Spectator

My question is just whether that means it’s been included for a while or will be soon? (relative to when updates come out of course)

from what i can tell its part of the QoL updates that never came

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

I wasn’t really sure how to read the patch notes thread with the crossed out items and whatnot.

Yes, plans for Triple Triad have been established several years ago, but during all this time other features have always been in higher demand.
    Upcoming Features section is a reflection of the latest voting period results: Voting Results
    Crossed out entries are features that have been implemented recently.

from what i can tell its part of the QoL updates that never came

No, Triple Triad support is not related to Quality-of-Life updates.
    It is a standalone feature pack.

sotojinsai
    sotojinsai
    Participant
    6+

Hi there everyone,

I just wanted to say that with the new expansion coming out, I am one of the few who hopes that the combat aide is adjusted quickly, and there is a little back story needed to understand why. I used to be able to play this game with no assistance, however I recently had a stroke and I am 100% unable to keep track of damage rotations, dodging AOE and playing the wack-a-mole of healing. The best I can manage is positions at the moment.

This bot has been a godsend for me sense it helps me to continue playing a game that I’ve been playing sense its release. I really do enjoy FFXIV and without miqo I’d be unable to keep up with my friends. I’d be a hindrance to them (even though I know they’d be okay with it…) and I don’t want to hold them back from progressing and having fun simply because my brain no longer functions properly.

So I want to send my deepest thanks to the team for all the work they’ve done to put out a product that has helped me tremendously. And I rarely post to forums so I hope I chose the proper place after reading some of the comments here.

Xion
    Participant

I’m sure they understand that but core function must get back first, or else nothing else will work.
    Expect months of downtime. Expect the worst rather than think it can be solved in a day or week.

Adriuno
    Participant

I don’t know how far along the developers are for the next update, but more and more it’s becoming that there will be no bot update before Endwalker is launched. Then we’ll have to wait some months to a year before the bot is fully functioning for Endwalker after it’s released.

That is the reality of the situation.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Adriuno.

pussyfoot
    Participant

Is there really no intention of an update before November? That doesn’t encourage me.

Andylynyn
    Participant
    2+

I can imagine that a lot of new people here don’t fully understand how FFXIV expansions work..

They don’t just add more content, they largely retool and rework existing stuff. Including a lot of the client data too.
    This means that not only will the offsets and etc take longer to find, things like crafting and gathering WILL be changed and adjusted as they’ve recently said in the latest live letter. Jobs will also change slightly even at Level 80, which means combat assist rotations will not be as optimal as before and it will take people (ie: The Balance discord) to fully optimize things again and then for it to be re-implemented into the core of the assist mode.

I understand, as has been said here many times, that it truly does suck. But the scope of EVERY expansion is massively large, and while I don’t want Miqo to take months into working with the game, I understand the why. But I really do wish it doesn’t take the better half of a year, for example.

Just my personal thoughts on the matter.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.