Bot News?

Forum Forums Discussion Bot News?

This topic contains 59 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by Falbium Falbium 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author

spellure
    Participant

I think implementing a crowdsourced “tier 1” support system would take time and effort away from just sending these questions to be answered directly by the devs.

I do wish that we could do something like that. The devs get all the emailed support tickets, if they determine something doesn’t require in-depth technical knowledge, they can “forward” that email to be posted on to the forums by a miqobot_support account (to protect anonymity/prevent sensitive user data from being leaked), the end users can help answer it (maybe even a locked forum, where you have to “apply” to help), and then the answers are forwarded back to the requestor (probably an “X answers by midnight, if no answer by midnight then wait 1 more day. If no answer by then, re-route ticket to the devs for answer.)

But again, i think adding such overhead/prep would just take more time away from the devs. 🙁

zola2
    zola2
    Participant
    2+

I was a customer for quite some time with several subscriptions, but I stopped. The team announced monthly updates and evolution… but that it was hard because there were not enough customers. Now they tell me that it’s complicated because there are too many.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    19+

I dont get these constant complaints about updates to be honest. Ive been a subscriber for years now and in all this time Miqo did its absolute best for me. Im one of the top crafters, ive cleared multiple raid tiers and two ultimates with her, ive got two large estates and billions of gil, all thanks to Miqo. $10 is such a cheap price for all the crazy features we get. But i guess some people will never be satisfied no matter what. Oh well.

Xion
    Participant
    4+

I dont get these constant complaints about updates to be honest. Ive been a subscriber for years now and in all this time Miqo did its absolute best for me. Im one of the top crafters, ive cleared multiple raid tiers and two ultimates with her, ive got two large estates and billions of gil, all thanks to Miqo. $10 is such a cheap price for all the crazy features we get. But i guess some people will never be satisfied no matter what. Oh well.

+1

People can never be happy. Just a fact.

phantomed
    phantomed
    Participant
    8+

I second this, honestly. There will always be people complaining about something, not even just Miqobot, but usually they don’t know what exactly goes into the development of any given thing. People always feel entitled to an individualized experience.

The main reason I use her is I have difficulty understanding a lot of guides for alternate jobs, whether they be visual, text, or video, for whatever reason. I use miqobot’s combat assist function to study the rotation – if only because it’s in real time. A lot of guides will give you a rotation but obviously can’t account for a lot of different scenarios, so by studying Miqobot’s actions I’m able to tell myself “Okay, I can use X skill under these conditions” or “I notice her using Z skill a lot during this moment, so I can apply that to other situations too”. I used this to learn Black Mage, for instance. It’s simply easier for me to understand, personally.

I’m grateful for the devs honestly. I’ve seen many different people on these forums over the past few months say they can play a really great game now because their disability previously prevented them doing so. I think even if it started out as just a gathering/crafting tool, Miqobot has matured enough to allow this to happen – and many more things. I think however you use her is valid, but this is the best reason to want to continue Miqobot imo.

I also second the people saying answering support tickets for that long is not healthy! Not even because I want updates (miqobot works right now as is, so I personally don’t see any point in updating her before endwalker anyway, especially since she’ll need redone after that)! I do appreciate the fact that you guys seem to care deeply for your userbase, however, to want to do this.

I wasn’t initially going to post this sort of post, but as a creator myself (albeit in a different field), I know that even if you want to continue working on something, seeing a lot of people complain about it can be louder than all the other people praising it. So I hope you guys are resting well and enjoying the game itself when you can!

darkpokemon
    Participant
    5+

And it’s people like you and hktk1059 and all the miqobot tech supports that are so amazing, I have been using this bot mostly for the assisted help since my lack of fingers and I love it I have never had one issue with miqobot that wasn’t my own doing (mostly how to run scenarios but I figured it out I think) anyways keep up the good work to miqobot and you for being sucha great forum responder and helper as well as anyone else that is super quick to answer help that arent part of dev team!

wolffoxfangs
    Participant
    8+

Lurker here! I wanted to pop in and say the Miqobot Team is AMAZING and the community is so supportive and helpful. i find that 98% of questions i have / issues i encountered have been solved in the forms by the Miqobot team or by our wonderful community! i wanted to just say Miqobot team please take as long as you need, you guys provide a top notch product and support 2nd to none! you all do amazing work, and the love and dedication to Miqobot shines through <3

jimjankins
    jimjankins
    Participant
    4+

My sentiments exactly. I don’t post often anymore since Miqobot is so comprehensive and generally well-behaved, but wanted to chime in and give my heartfelt thanks to the developers. Miqobot is solely responsible for my continued enjoyment of FFXIV, and I’d likely quit playing entirely if Miqobot ever stopped being maintained.

a
    Participant
    1+

I honestly just don’t feel like doing the waiting game that miqo likes to do every now and then anymore

Sure I don’t have to pay when miqo is down
    Well neither is my internet and electricity but that doesn’t mean I don’t want them to be up and running 99.99% of the time

$10 IS cheap but other than the crafting, even better with the scenario making that allows a fully automated gathering and crafting processes, it doesn’t really have any other “crazy features” and takes forever to add a new one and/or fix the currently broken ones

With endwalker approaching and it’s confirmed that miqo will be down for weeks or months I can only hope it will support the new crafting and gathering changes
    Coz that’s the only place where it shines the brightest

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    4+

Mgp farming is pretty awesome too. I remember getting the fenrir mount during the first Make It Rain it was crazy. And making scenarios for legendary fish is a lot of fun. And combat rotations are amazing. All of them inside that smart little thing. Ill gladly do the waiting game because its absolutely worth it. And ill have the whole Endwalker to play with while doing it so im happy.

miko
    miko
    Participant
    3+

Multi-year sub here as well, mostly enjoy lurking. Personal opinion(s).

Miqobot is a product made by fans for fans.
    Updates are very slow and take multiple months to a year to sometimes be in a workable state.
    Some things you might want will never get implemented.
    The features that are implemented are worth the 10$ sub fee even in basic form.

Used it for years now with multiple billions in gil and also completed all ultimates just using combat assist.

For me personally, I’m satisfied if it’s just a dumb crafting imput sender that can store my macros, everything else is just bonus on top of the cake.
    The discrepancy for lot of customers, even myself in early days have been expecting this to be some kind of bot platform by just botmakers. But in all this time they’ve never increased their price or keep stuff broken for extreme periods of time.
    Be prepared to wait 6+ months for most of the functionality to return when expansion releases, I’m just gonna hope for a simple macro imput accepter in the meantime or use alternative free software that replicates it.

Keep up with what you’re doing miqo.

P.S. I’d appreciate if you’d do some monthly – three monthly updates and maybe answer some most asked/obscure community questions. Having some really insightful stuff be hidden in single threads seen by 10 people isn’t always helpful.

nyancat
    Participant
    6+

Hey I randomly decided to check back in here after months and saw this.

I have zero complaints about Miqobot. Miqobot features are thoughtfully designed for a good user experience. It appears they’ve intentionally taken on the burden of automating complicated tasks so all the user is presented with is a single button.

Combat. You just select a dungeon, hit start, and off it goes. Compare this with competing bots that offload all that complexity to the users by exposing every minute option and having them create complex combat scenarios for every dungeon.

Crafting. The options here are sparse. Normally, you input how many items you want, hit start, and Miqobot takes care of the rest. You don’t really have to do any low-level setting tweaking.

Scenarios are primarily used to string together multiple high-level tasks like the above.

I assume this design approach is what might be contributing to the slower feature implementations that some users are lamenting about. I don’t mind it because the core features do work, they’re powerful, and the effective simplicity gives me peace of mind.

Falbium
    Falbium
    Participant

I had a quick question regarding the licenses say if we bought enough time for a year and with endwalker around the corner miqo team will be working on that will the license time be put on hold while miqo is being fixed and then only run once everything is up and running?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, of course.

All active license codes will be automatically extended with bonus time.
    The bonus time will be credited at the moment Miqobot comes to life again, and it will cover game maintenance and Miqobot maintenance both.

Falbium
    Falbium
    Participant

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.