[Beta] Combat

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Combat

This topic contains 627 replies, has 132 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 628 total)
  • Author
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

I am having a strange issue in the Stone Vigil. My first few attempts went fine but everytime i go in now every now and again miqo starts typing commands in the text field, my log gives –
    Sorry, couldn’t disable typing 🙁

I’ve tried redownloading, restarting game, but can’t seem to find out what has changed to cause this issue.

Any ideas?

This would be direct chat. Its at the top of keybind window. Do you have it enabled?

vdyylan
    Participant

Hi there! I’m having a problem with one of the squadron dungeons scenario. After a few runs, like usually 2 or 3, the entire game disconnects. I’m usually AFK when it happens, so I can’t pinpoint any specific trigger. I go back through the Miqo log, and don’t see anything either that could point me in any direction. I’ve also tried searching the forums and haven’t found anything either. Are there any known issues that could make this happen?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

Game servers are being ddosed recently. People are disconnected a lot. It doesnt matter if youre playing with the bot or without. Theres a lot of talk about it at lodestone and reddit youre not alone.

vdyylan
    Participant

I’m aware of the ddos prob, which is a pain in and of itself, but this really seems isolated. In any case, I’ll just keep trying to watch it to see what happens. Thanks for the response!

doom27
    Participant

I forgot to reply but i found my issue if anyone else runs into it (miqo trying to chat) I had binded a key to SHIFT+R for sprint. Although this isn’t a chat command in my keybinds, perhaps something with the R would trigger a tell (alt+R ect) not sure why this would cause it unless there is a slight delay with combo keys. Regardless, removing that bind fixed me up and miqo no longer attempts to hit up my friends lists.

Akula
    Akula
    Participant

Good afternoon,

Not sure if this has been requested but the squadrons are a good way to level up some lower classes least for a while however over a long period of time it stacks up on a ton of useless armor in the armoury & inventory.

Can I request that there is an option to loot all / loot nothing?

If that would be possible it would certainly cut down on the time the bot attempts to open a chest and cant due to inventory space.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

All low level gear you get from these dungeons can be used for Expert Delivery in exchange for GC seals. This way, you get back about 60-70% of the cost invested in the command mission.
    You can also make all newly obtained gear drop into your inventory instead of the armoury chest.
    This option can be found in the game under System -> Character Configuration -> Item Settings.

In addition, our community has already created several scenarios that automate the Expert Delivery process after each run.
    You can find them here: Squadron Scenario

So we apologize for asking twice, but we have to make sure that we understand the request.
    You would prefer Miqobot to ignore all treasure coffers and abandon the Expert Delivery reward. Is this correct?

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Looks like your work on Squadron Dungeon is a smart investment considering the 5.0 FFXIV SHADOWBRINGERS NPC Battle Assist System “Trust”, it’s gonna get out of that Squadron room and expend to way more content.

Akula
    Akula
    Participant

@miqobot Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the late reply!
    I was looking for sheer XP – quickness instead of looting the boxes at all because once your armory & inventory are full it’ll sit around at the chest for around 5 minutes trying to click it before moving on.

So I feel if there was an option to ignore looting this would speed things up for the people simply just wanting some quick XP.

Arc
    Arc
    3+

@akula: As it was pointed out, there are a few methods, to completely fix that inventory-filling problem:

First of all, some people already made scenarios, that will automatically walk your character out of the squadron room every 3 runs and turn in all the green and pink dungeon loot (which is pretty handy, since it will recover a huge chunk of the GC seals you spend on the squad dungeons).

Then, there is already another addition for those scenarios, that will make them desynth all other items (the white ones which can’t be turned in). All of them are of level 1 desynth level, if I’m not mistaken, so you need zero desynth level to desynth them and the whole problem of your inventory being overstuffed is solved.

Endymion
    Participant

@miqobot, I love the combat feature, and I find i’m learning how to fight better from Miqo’s combat style.

One thing that’s a bit of an annoyance though is the way Miqo often adjusts the camera so that it’s pointing upwards at the sky and then zooms out again to my default view. It can get a bit nauseating to watch, especially in Stone Vigil.

Is this something that can be adjusted?

Nelo
    Participant

Not sure if this is something that’s known, but is there any sort of estimated release timeframe on the assist mode yet? As of right now Miqo does EVERYTHING I would want from it except helping with the dreaded pagos grind. I don’t do full afk so a simple assist mode to grind out anubys or something would really make Miqo perfect. (imo)

Arc
    Arc
    1+

@nelo: Nope, Miqo has already stated in this topic and other topics several times, that there is no ETA.

If I would give you an estimated ETA based on the release of previous features I would say it might take somewhere between 2 weeks best case scenario and 3 months worst case scenario, until the feature is released.

Nelo
    Participant
    1+

My mistake, I will dig harder next time before I post. Thanks for the response though.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

@Miqobot Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the late reply!
    I was looking for sheer XP – quickness instead of looting the boxes at all because once your armory & inventory are full it’ll sit around at the chest for around 5 minutes trying to click it before moving on.

So I feel if there was an option to ignore looting this would speed things up for the people simply just wanting some quick XP.

All right, we will implement a special option to ignore chests. It will be available via a function in Scenario Engine.

Thank you for your request!

@Miqobot, I love the combat feature, and I find i’m learning how to fight better from Miqo’s combat style.

One thing that’s a bit of an annoyance though is the way Miqo often adjusts the camera so that it’s pointing upwards at the sky and then zooms out again to my default view. It can get a bit nauseating to watch, especially in Stone Vigil.

Is this something that can be adjusted?

Would you please give us more information about your issue?

1. At what moment exactly does it happen?
    2. How often does this issue occur?
    3. Is it noticeable only in Stone Vigil or in other dungeons as well?
    4. What Camera Speed value do you use? (Under Character Configuration -> General -> at the bottom.)

In some cases, it is impossible to target monsters without facing camera upwards, for example, when fighting on the staircase at the start of Stone Vigil.
    But you may try adjusting your Camera Speed to make the movement less sharp. Please note however that it might affect Miqobot’s capability to dodge AoE omens, so please use this method with caution.

Not sure if this is something that’s known, but is there any sort of estimated release timeframe on the assist mode yet? As of right now Miqo does EVERYTHING I would want from it except helping with the dreaded pagos grind. I don’t do full afk so a simple assist mode to grind out anubys or something would really make Miqo perfect. (imo)

Assist Mode will be released in the next beta update.
    The battle rotations however are still in development, so please don’t expect full level 70 optimization from the start.

You can also find more information in this thread: Combat Assist

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 628 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Combat’ is closed to new replies.