[Beta] Combat

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Combat

This topic contains 627 replies, has 132 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 628 total)
  • Author
    blahblahblah
    blahblahblah
    Participant

I have a quick question about Assists Mode. When it’s released will it be compatible with PVP?

Endymion
    Participant

@miqobot, I love the combat feature, and I find i’m learning how to fight better from Miqo’s combat style.

One thing that’s a bit of an annoyance though is the way Miqo often adjusts the camera so that it’s pointing upwards at the sky and then zooms out again to my default view. It can get a bit nauseating to watch, especially in Stone Vigil.

Is this something that can be adjusted?

Would you please give us more information about your issue?

1. At what moment exactly does it happen?
    2. How often does this issue occur?
    3. Is it noticeable only in Stone Vigil or in other dungeons as well?
    4. What Camera Speed value do you use? (Under Character Configuration -> General -> at the bottom.)

In some cases, it is impossible to target monsters without facing camera upwards, for example, when fighting on the staircase at the start of Stone Vigil.
    But you may try adjusting your Camera Speed to make the movement less sharp. Please note however that it might affect Miqobot’s capability to dodge AoE omens, so please use this method with caution.

I’ve only tried Stone Vigil with a PLD, but it’s happening constantly. It doesn’t happen in the other dungeons. I tried not zooming way out, but it does the same thing even with a moderate zoom. I suspect it’s to do with pathing, as I’ve seen something similar when mining – Miqo rotates the camera around to select the node.

Camera speed is 33 for both analog stick and keyboard.

Arc
    Arc

I have a quick question about Assists Mode. When it’s released will it be compatible with PVP?

I am 100% sure it will not be compatible with PvP because Miqobot doesn’t want their bot to work with PvP for 2 reasons:

1. It would be far too dangerous to use a bot in a mode so crowded with real players

2. It is unfair against other players, because no one can perform as good as a fully finished Miqobot, which would lead to frustration for other players

All of that is against the moral code Miqo seems to have and it would also bring too much attention towards Miqo, which the devs here don’t want.

Nott
    Participant

I don’t do PvP but, I imagine a scenario could be done for those who just want to afk through it?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

No, we are sorry, PvP rotations are completely different and will not be supported.

I don’t do PvP but, I imagine a scenario could be done for those who just want to afk through it?

We are very sorry, but Miqobot would not allow any automated PvP activities.
    She will immediately trigger an integrated kill switch upon entering a PvP zone.
    You can find detailed explanation in this thread: Pvp scenario

I’ve only tried Stone Vigil with a PLD, but it’s happening constantly. It doesn’t happen in the other dungeons. I tried not zooming way out, but it does the same thing even with a moderate zoom. I suspect it’s to do with pathing, as I’ve seen something similar when mining – Miqo rotates the camera around to select the node.

Camera speed is 33 for both analog stick and keyboard.

Thank you for providing the requested information.

Unfortunately, we don’t think that this behavior can be removed completely.
    Miqobot has to maintain direct line-of-sight to be able to target enemies and dodge AoE omens, and it’s impossible to do so without camera movement. If there is a wall next to your character, it will force the camera to change zoom during rotation, and there is no way to prevent it. An alternative would be using code injections, but this would make Miqobot much more unstable and easier to detect, therefore we have no plans to implement code injections.

Camera management is already optimized to avoid any excessive movement. Miqobot will not rotate or zoom unless it’s absolutely required to target an enemy or navigate the arena.
    We will try to implement additional options to remove some of the side effects, but we can not change the ingame camera algorithms.
    We sincerely apologize for inconvenience.

Marco
    Marco
    Participant

Any recommendation to avoid running out of GC seals after a few hours?
    Like, I usually trade in the green and pink items and I do the duty roulette and expert roulette but they run out pretty fast..

Relief
    Relief
    Participant

@marcoreckless What I have been doing is stock up on seals for a couple days (or until full) and trade in the green ‘n pinks. I usually burn through 20-30k a day. And refill most of that with the crafting GC turn-ins. I use Lyfox’s Crafting [Scenario Generator] with FFXIV CraftingCrafting as a Service.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Red gatherer scrips > blue Rowena tokens in Idyllshire > Landmaster Rings > GC seals.
    Use scenarios to farm scrips with Miqo. 40k+ seals per hour.

LordStriker
    Participant
    2+

Any ETA on the next Squadron Dungeon? What is the next dungeon planned?

yankeefan1987
    yankeefan1987
    Participant

Apologies if this is a duplicate, as I can’t search. I noticed in Stone Vigil that me (as tank) doesn’t do anything other than Heavy Swing spam. Would it be possible to throw in some Overpowers and the rest of the Butcher’s Block combo? Is it possible for me to modify it myself?

Actually, I realized that the bot uses the hotbar. I’m a controller player so I don’t have anything on the bar except for CDs. I’ll try putting all my abilities there.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by yankeefan1987 yankeefan1987.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by yankeefan1987 yankeefan1987.

Jowston
    Participant

Remember that the hotbars dont even need to be visible, so you can setup some hidden ones with universal abilities you’ll need on all jobs (teleport, return, squadron commands, etc.,etc.)

fangcia
    Participant

Miqobot has an issue with facing targets as a tank (WAR specifically). It’s on all 3 available command missions too. I’m not sure what my issue is because all the binds on page 1 are set correctly, to simple keys, and auto-face target is turned on in the FFXIV settings. Despite this, the bot frequently runs into mobs, pulls them with aoe, then stays there facing away from them while spamming an attack that gives the ‘Target is not in range’ error message. Despite this message coming up, my character is clearly in range to execute the attack, she’s just facing away from the mob. Has anyone else experienced this, or is it a flaw with the bot’s navigation in the dungeons?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

stays there facing away from them while spamming an attack that gives the ‘Target is not in range’ error message. Despite this message coming up, my character is clearly in range to execute the attack, she’s just facing away from the mob.

Thats exactly what happens when your Auto-face target is Off. Double check the setting.

fangcia
    Participant

Yeah, I triple-checked it before but today (after restarting my PC) the setting was set to off upon getting into a dungeon. Might have been a problem with XIV’s setting save system or something, because every time I would go into dungeons with miqobot and it would have this issue I would check and the setting would be turned on. Either way, the problem is resolved, thanks.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  fangcia.

Exia
    Participant
    1+

Any news or ETA on the next update and the combat assist? I’m pretty curious to see what the combat assist can do.
    I’ve a question though, will be possibile to have some customization over the rotations or we’re gonna stick with miqo’s ones?

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 628 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Combat’ is closed to new replies.