[Beta] Combat

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Combat

This topic contains 627 replies, has 132 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 628 total)
  • Author
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    5+

Miqobot v1.3.16

Download Miqobot Beta

Important Note.
    Rook Autoturret (MCH) requires placement macro setup.
    Please read the new guide section on Placement Macros in the first post.

New dungeon is supported.
    (Lv41) Stone Vigil

Special cleave mechanic is implemented for certain bosses.
    – Tanks will attempt to face the boss away from the party, while other jobs will avoid standing in front of the boss.

Several improvements are implemented.
    – Arena algorithms are adjusted to support bigger areas.
    – Ungarmax safety condition is adjusted.
    – Pull delay for non-tank jobs is adjusted.
    – Aetherial barrier detection at dungeon start is implemented.
    – Melee-caster movement for certain jobs is implemented.

Several issues are addressed.
    – Fixed an issue wherein a healing cast would be intentionally interrupted under certain conditions.
    – Fixed an issue wherein Miqobot would lose track of navigation mesh if a monster is pulled immediately after KO event due to persisting DoTs.
    – Multiple minor issues are addressed.

luluna
    Participant

Thank you very much! Awesome update! Thanks again for unlocking the Haunted Manor with your update.

mhart
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for the update for Stone Vigil dungeon! I just wanted to report that during the #31 Big Battle (Stone Vigil) that the tank npc / squadron member seems to run ahead to catch the dragon first and ignored the ice sprite (that hasn’t spawned yet) and thus resulting in a a wipe sometime. This happened consistently during a ‘non-full clear” when I am doing this as a DPS (monk) and healer as well. I was wondering if this was intended or could there be a workaround to this?

#edit 1 : this can happen in #49 Big battle as well.

Cheers!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  mhart.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Yes, we are aware of this issue but we couldn’t find a workaround.
    There is a bug in squadron tank AI which prevents them to follow the Engage order under certain conditions.

You can verify this by spamming Engage manually while fighting ice sprites, and the tank NPC will still ignore your commands and simply run away to pull a dragon aevis.

This is not a critical issue and it doesn’t break anything, except an occasional KO event which Miqobot can easily recover from. Therefore we decided not to delay the release any further.
    Please let us know if you discover a reliable solution, and we will implement it in a future update. Thank you very much!

Arc
    Arc
    2+

Just wanted to leave a quick THUMBSUP! 😀
    The Stone Vigil is already a huge improvement for leveling. Leveled my RDM from 60 to 65 in just 2 nights.
    Can’t wait for solo PotD happening x)

Exia
    Participant

Just a question.
    Is there a command to discard named items from inventory?
    Cause Stone Vigil loots includes trash equipment that can’t be exchanged for seals.

khovel
    Participant

Nothing of that sort, but a suggestion. Make sure to have a clear inventory, do your GC turnins after the run, then desynth what’s left in your inventory.

justarius
    Participant
    2+

Thank you for this. I am looking forward to seeing how the Heaven’s Ward Dungeons come out! This is amazing!!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

Just a question.
    Is there a command to discard named items from inventory?
    Cause Stone Vigil loots includes trash equipment that can’t be exchanged for seals.

Nothing of that sort, but a suggestion. Make sure to have a clear inventory, do your GC turnins after the run, then desynth what’s left in your inventory.

Brilliant idea. Desythesis by name works great and your desynth skill can be as low as 1. There are only 6 junk items in Stone Vigil so its very easy to make a preset for Miqo. You dont even need a clear inventory as the names are exact matches.

Blackened Scale Mail
    Stained Chef's Apron
    Mildewed Thighboots
    Rusting Scutum
    Blunt Goblin Scimitar
    Ripped Chef's Hat

Ill probably go ahead and make one for import.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

mhart
    Participant

Hi,

Regarding the issue for big battle #31 and #49 in stone vigil, I found a somewhat reliable solution to the issue. I found that once the tank (npc) tries to engage that dragon aevis, you can immediately use “Disengage” and then “Engage” on the ice sprite and they will come back to you. I am unsure as how feasible this is when you put it in the miqo AI though.

Alternatively, perhaps we can use better pathing for DPS as when I was levelling a healer, they tend to stay back so this was less of an issue. Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, this is a possible workaround and we have recently researched this option.
    Unfortunately, it turned out to cause even more problems later.

Disengage command works only once until the first ice sprite dies. After that, the squadron tank stops fighting again and runs away to pull a dragon aevis anyway. It seems that Engage command puts your current target in a permanent enmity list of all squadrons and it inevitably becomes their primary objective at the first opportunity.
    It may lead to even more problematic cases wherein all your squadrons leave you alone in the middle of the fight.

Therefore in order for this solution to work consistently, Miqobot would have to spam Disengage command constantly throughout the whole fight after each monster kill.
    However, this is additionally complicated by the fact that Disengage makes the squadron healer to stop healing completely for a few seconds regardless of consequent Engage commands. In this light, a temporary disobedience of the squadron tank seems to be the lesser evil.

Perhaps you are right, and Miqobot should keep the player character in the back even when leveling a melee DPS.

We would like to investigate this issue further before we decide on the final solution.
    Thank you for your assistance very much!

doom27
    Participant

I am having a strange issue in the Stone Vigil. My first few attempts went fine but everytime i go in now every now and again miqo starts typing commands in the text field, my log gives –
    Sorry, couldn’t disable typing 🙁

I’ve tried redownloading, restarting game, but can’t seem to find out what has changed to cause this issue.

Any ideas?

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

@doom27 – double check your keybind settings

doom27
    Participant

As far as i can see it all looks good, but i’m not sure which keybind i should be checking, as far as i know i haven’t changed any bindings between then, i’ll continue looking

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 628 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Combat’ is closed to new replies.