Combat Assist

Forum Forums Discussion Combat Assist

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

whoknows
    Participant

Any chance for combat assist for Pyros?

Arc
    Arc

Combat assist, not until combat in general is supported for level 70. Currently it’s absolutely only developed for levels up to stone vigil and next milestone is PotD (level 50) afaik.

whoknows
    Participant

Oh thanks!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    5+

Yes, Assist Mode is planned for release in the next beta update.
    It will support all locations, including Eureka Pyros.
    The battle rotations however are still in development, so please don’t expect full level 70 optimization from the start.

As the core combat system is now stable enough for the first iteration of Assist Mode, there will be an intermediate release before we continue working on battle rotations for high level tiers.
    Thank you for your request!

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    2+

This is… the best news I’ve seen in a while! 😀 I can’t WAIT for the next beta update! Thanks so much for your hard work! <3

whoknows
    Participant
    1+

yay me too

Arc
    Arc
    3+

Whoa, I didn’t expect development of it being so far yet.
    That’s a really convenient forecast and I’m curious, what is already working by then. I guess simple jobs like DRG who has a static rotation like a brick will be ready early?

LordStriker
    Participant
    2+

Is there by chance an ETA on the next beta release?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

Whoa, I didn’t expect development of it being so far yet.
    That’s a really convenient forecast and I’m curious, what is already working by then. I guess simple jobs like DRG who has a static rotation like a brick will be ready early?

All job rotations are being developed with equal priorities.
    Assist Mode will allow you to use Miqobot’s combat system in any location, but this is still an early beta release so please don’t expect it to support level 70 rotations just yet.

Is there by chance an ETA on the next beta release?

We are sorry, we don’t have an ETA.
    Due to the arrival of new patches we are being overwhelmed with urgent hotfixes and tech support questions. The amount of work in this department is unpredictable.

Please keep an eye on the latest beta thread for updates: [Beta] Combat

Arc
    Arc
    2+

All job rotations are being developed with equal priorities.
    Assist Mode will allow you to use Miqobot’s combat system in any location, but this is still an early beta release so please don’t expect it to support level 70 rotations just yet.

Well, yeah. I wasn’t actually talking about priority.
    I was just assuming, that DRG would be finished quicker, than other jobs, since as someone working on the Cactbot plugin for ACT (more specifically the raidboss and jobs module), I’ve experienced, that certain jobs like for example MCH are pretty tricky to handle at level 70, since certain things like for example the heat gauge are nowhere found within any logs ffxiv spits out.
    I had to crack my mind about that until I’ve come up with a solution: Mathematically adding and subtracting heat via a simulated heat gauge within the plugin itself, based on skills used, instead of trying to rely on information given by the client itself.
    DRG on the other hand has none of that stuff. There’s actually nothing you need to be aware of. It’s nothing more than brainlessly repeating a set-in-stone rotation and nothing more x)

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

Yes, this approach would probably work for level 70 exclusively.
    But since we are implementing rotations for all levels we still have to consider cases when there are not enough abilities to make the rotation completely static. Also, Miqobot supports both single-target and AoE rotations and for seamless performance they have to be fully entangled.

That’s why our battle algorithms are based on multi-layered priority systems, which in addition to the advantages mentioned above are capable of picking up the rotation at any moment in the fight and even handling extreme lag spikes.

Nott
    Participant
    1+

Good points, I also hope the bot can react to roles. Like; if assigned as off healer during assist and the main healer dies it’ll rez or optionally, allow a DPS a couple of seconds to rez and act as the main healer for a bit. This is rather complicated so, perhaps a few keybinds are in order to assign roles manually during the fight? A small on-screen clickable window would suffice if bindings are a problem.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

Yes, of course.
    Precise customization options will be implemented for all roles as we move closer to complete level 70 support.

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    1+

Yes, this approach would probably work for level 70 exclusively.
    But since we are implementing rotations for all levels we still have to consider cases when there are not enough abilities to make the rotation completely static. Also, Miqobot supports both single-target and AoE rotations and for seamless performance they have to be fully entangled.

That’s why our battle algorithms are based on multi-layered priority systems, which in addition to the advantages mentioned above are capable of picking up the rotation at any moment in the fight and even handling extreme lag spikes.

Stop, please; I can only get so erect…

Yes, of course.
    Precise customization options will be implemented for all roles as we move closer to complete level 70 support.

…aaand there goes No Nut November.

Arc
    Arc
    3+

Damn Miqo.
    Why can’t the SE Dev team take a piece of your diligence towards FFXIV and implement actually exciting content?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.