Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback

Forum Forums Discussion Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback

This topic contains 1,142 replies, has 259 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,143 total)
  • Author
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Another request / idea, and let me know if this is something I should do myself as a scenario type of deal but what about applying food buffs / squadron battle manuals before dungeon runs?

Yes, food and battle manuals usage is already possible with Scenario Engine. All you have to do is place the desired item on hotbar and activate it via sendIcon() function.

Moogie
    Participant

A thing I noticed about Paladin combat assist, is it appears Miqo is applying a HP Threshold on using Spirits Within, I assume you coded it because of the HP to potency affect.

But really, very rarely should you ever be holding that CD simply over a HP value, is there anyway to have that adjusted to maybe a lower amount, or even have a toggle to “disable thresholds” on skills like this? Or just outright removed and used on CD.

In a lot of cases you may not be sitting at 80%+, I think that appears to be the threshold, in raids and other places, so its just a flat dps loss when it goes 5+ GCDs not being used because healers don’t always top you off.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  Moogie.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

All right, we will remove the HP check from the trigger of Spirits Within.
    Thank you for your feedback.

derm
    Participant

Hey,

just thought id give a little feedback after my first couple weeks of usage. First off i really like the bot, right now i actually enjoy playing around with it more than i do playing the game.

But heres a couple of things id like to see:
    – a notes section like on the navigation page for the crafting tab. It would be nice to keep track of needed Stats/food or similar things.
    – in a perfect world id love to see a rotation tool for the crafting tab (like the gathering one). it works perfectly fine like it is but something like that would make sharing crafting settings easier.
    – runScenario(Name) would allow us to easily create a queue of scenarios, or have certain standard scenarios for turn-ins, repair, materia extraction etc. maybe even runScenario(Name, x) where x is the number of times the scenario repeats.
    – runScenarioUntil(Name) unless workFor() does the trick.
    – toChapter(x) a way to skip chapters without actually deleting them.
    – id love a way to define variables even if its just integers. say you write a scenario to gather compontens for and craft item x. you could tweak the numbers while writing the script and declare the desired ammount of the item you want in a variable at the start of the scenario.
    – useCorials(0/1) i thought i saw something like this in a script once but i cant find it anywhere.
    – if the Scenario Engine gets expanded an option to reorganize the scenarios/chapters would be nice.

Btw, if any of that is already possible please ignore it and let me know how πŸ˜€

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

– a notes section like on the navigation page for the crafting tab.

All right, we will add your suggestion to the list of QoL improvements.

– in a perfect world id love to see a rotation tool for the crafting tab (like the gathering one).

Would you please clarify your request? Miqobot offers two crafting methods, Macro Crafting and Crafting Solver. Which of them do you wish to be improved exactly?

– runScenario(Name)

– runScenarioUntil(Name)

– toChapter(x)

Yes, these functions are already planned for implementation along with the rest of Scenario Engine updates.

– id love a way to define variables even if its just integers.

Defining variables is a step towards making scenarios unnecessary complex, and this is something we would like to avoid.
    But we will try to implement a similar functionality.

– useCorials(0/1)

This setting is activated or deactivated automatically as a part of gatherPreset() function. You can also use a cordial via sendIcon() function.
    Additional function with automatic hotbar slot detection is planned as well.

– if the Scenario Engine gets expanded an option to reorganize the scenarios/chapters would be nice.

Yes, this feature is already planned.

lalafell
    lalafell
    Participant

Would you please clarify your request? Miqobot offers two crafting methods, Macro Crafting and Crafting Solver. Which of them do you wish to be improved exactly?

Not the original poster, but with the current system, when you make a gathering rotation, you create a name, then select each skill from the left hand window–and these are saved and accessed through a drop down later. Currently, crafting has solver, and a line for macros–which don’t save. I read it as wanting the crafting macros to work similar to the gathering ones. This is also something I hoped for in later versions as for simpler crafts, Miqo tends to take more steps than needed to finish the craft. I’ve had to create a notepad file to organize all my individual macros for Miqo, myself, so it would be easier if there was an easy to setup and access system for setting up rotations/macros on the crafting side.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Currently, crafting has solver, and a line for macros–which don’t save.

Would you please clarify this part?
    Miqobot has a special list on the right side of UI that is dedicated to saving crafting macros.

derm
    Participant

Yes, these functions are already planned for implementation along with the rest of Scenario Engine updates.

Honestly i assumed you already were while writing this but still decided to keep it.
    Thanks πŸ™‚

Defining variables is a step towards making scenarios unnecessary complex, and this is something we would like to avoid.
    But we will try to implement a similar functionality.

Completely understandable.

– useCorials(0/1)

This setting is activated or deactivated automatically as a part of gatherPreset() function. You can also use a cordial via sendIcon() function.
    Additional function with automatic hotbar slot detection is planned as well.

To be honest my use case here is lazyness. I have lots of imported gathering presets with different settings from different people. I wouldve liked a way to just define it within a scenario without having to go through all the presets and manually changing them πŸ˜€

Yes, this feature is already planned.

<3

*i moved this to the end because of the pictures*

In the rotation tool for gathering you can use the skills on the left to build your rotation and save multiple different rotations. The ones you call with gatherRotation().
    Right now you can use macros, but you dont ‘build’ it through the menu, you tell miqo what buttons to push. Now if i export it and give it to a buddy he would have to rebuild my exact hotbar setup for the macros to work. And especially the high end macros are kinda long.

First pic should be of the gathering rotation menu, 2nd of the crafting macro.

I cant find a preview button so i really hope i didnt completely mess the quotes up btw.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    lalafell
    lalafell
    Participant

Would you please clarify this part?
    Miqobot has a special list on the right side of UI that is dedicated to saving crafting macros.

Wow, I’m silly. I thought that I could only save solver options, not self-made rotations. Looks like the only part I was right about was the request for a menu. ^^;

Thanks for the help!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Understood, thank you for clarification.
    In this case yes, this feature is already planned. It is classified as QoL improvement, because it will not introduce new features to the crafting system besides the ability to share rotations. Implementation of this kind of UI will require a full development cycle.
    Quality-of-Life improvements are planned after Scenario Engine updates:

Upcoming Features

Thank you for your request.

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant
    2+

This is just me nitpicking, but the front page could do with a more inspiring tagline than “The First FFXIV DX11 Bot”. It’s been years since DX11 has become a default option for playing the game, it’s not gonna impress anyone anymore. Maybe change it to “The Bot That Won’t Require You To Buy Addons Worth Literally Hundreds Of Dollars Just To Be Somewhat Functional”. Or something.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for your opinion very much. We will consider your suggestion.

Uxhak
    Participant
    1+

So i noticed an Issue with the Combat function. The bot doesn’t adjust camera angles all the time for movement in combat and it causes some problems for conal aoe’s for WAR, SAM, and DRG where it doesn’t get all the adds or gets turned away completely. It even effects positionals in other melee classes but its pretty minimal. It does not effect casters for the most part or healers but it does look odd. It seems to be using the “strife left” and Strife right keys instead of “walk left” , “walk right”. I thought this was cause of my keybinds since i played around with the WASD but I put it back to normal and it still does it.

I’m using Legacy version which is what the main forum post for the beta combat says it supports, (and now checking the original post i see that the bot ONLY uses strife and not turn/walk XD)

However my original point still stands the strafing is effecting conal aoes and positionals. More the former than the later.

I’m sorry if this issue has been pointed out already but I’m coming pretty late to the game

soccer09
    Participant

I can attest to WAR pulling only with tomahawk been spamming Sohm al 53 with sqaudron and although we are not dying he isnt oing the conal moves, just tomahawk and single targets.

Scalyblue
    Participant

When resuming my PC from suspend, Miqo gives me a dialog box

Emergency!

I’ve been disconnected from the catnip server for several hours πŸ™
    Please verify your connection!
    Maybe something happened?

Clicking OK on this dialog box immediately kills her process.

Is there any chance a ‘retry’ button can be implemented on this dialog?

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,143 total)

The topic ‘Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback’ is closed to new replies.