[SCENARIO] Il Mheg Spearfishing (Aethersand) and Legendary Farming

Forum Forums Grids and Presets [SCENARIO] Il Mheg Spearfishing (Aethersand) and Legendary Farming

This topic contains 33 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  bottybot 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

pyro401
    Participant

I made my own version of the scuroglow scenario. The grid has been modified to include teleporting and npc repair since I don’t have all crafters maxed. It should veteran trade away the right fish also. This is my first scenerio mod but it seems to work out perfectly for me. I have made a ton of scuroglow aethersands. Let me know if I didn’t include everything correctly.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    wowitsmeyes
    wowitsmeyes
    Participant

Hi, I want to add this to a scenario that goes to gather the min/btn scuroglow items as well. How would I go about adding waypoints that would take me from Lydra Lran to the fishing spot?

wowitsmeyes
    wowitsmeyes
    Participant

Nevermind my above post, I figured it out.

However when using your scenario to farm scuroglow, the bot has broken a few times getting caught on one of the underwater houses.

pyro401
    Participant

I noticed that as well. In this version of the grid it has not happened to me yet. It seems like there are a ton of people doing this atm on my server at least. Profits are slowly dropping.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

bigboy54
    Participant

Is it worth leveling up fishing in general even for aethersands?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

Is it worth leveling up fishing in general even for aethersands?

Well you’re kinda late to the party now, since its very crowded atm. It can still generate a decent amount of gil tho, the sands still sell pretty well, but there’s a lot of competition. Usually when I go farm sands I see at least 5 other bots doing the same Lol

Arc
    Arc

If you just farm the aethersands for yourself to craft pots for yourself it’s worth it tho

wowitsmeyes
    wowitsmeyes
    Participant

I noticed that as well. In this version of the grid it has not happened to me yet. It seems like there are a ton of people doing this atm on my server at least. Profits are slowly dropping.

Thanks, this has eliminated the issue. I ran my endless Scuroglow Scenario for 2 full Eorzean days and it encountered no issues. Much appreciated.

iifetap
    Participant

Fully automated thanks to the originally author, I only changed the gathering rotation for it. Currently the 750 GP rotation is the best we have as Pick Clean hasnt been added yet.

Just a heads up, even though they arnt supported yet they can still be used as a macro option instead, I’ll just copy/paste what I wrote in another thread explaining it.

Ok, I forgot that macro harvesting was an option, and even thought the help section does not explain it very well, I figured it out. After loading the scenario above, go to the gethering tab and load the gathering preset for Mist Spinach, click on the MACRO button instead of ROTATION, in this block you can set up a string of macros, for my layout, to get max yield, it would look like this:

8,9,num0,9,num0,9,num0,9,num0,9,num0,9,num0

My 8 key is Pick Clean, and my 9 key is Bountiful Harvest 2. Num0 will execute a gathering attempt, then it will sendkey9, and so on and so forth.

iceyfrog
    Participant

hello guys i have a question, why is it stuck with slot 0, every node it goes to it tries to gather on slot 0

Asynchria
    Asynchria
    Participant

hello guys i have a question, why is it stuck with slot 0, every node it goes to it tries to gather on slot 0

You need to gather the item successfully at least once from the node, if you don’t do that first then it’s a hidden item and has a different name so Miqobot doesn’t gather it since it’s not the specific item it’s looking for.

JustAnothaTank
    Participant

Loving this so far, perfect for what I needed and saved me the time of having to prune out the Collection rotation from the White Scrip one.

Does anyone have an ammended version of this where the downtime is used to gather something else? I haven’t made a scenario yet so I am unsure how to say “Go to another node nearby for 10 minutes and gather(4)

Yesbot
    Yesbot
    Participant

Does anyone have an ammended version of this where the downtime is used to gather something else? I haven’t made a scenario yet so I am unsure how to say “Go to another node nearby for 10 minutes and gather(4)

You have to create a grid and a gathering preset containing that grid and the information of what you want to gather then add something like this to another chapter in the scenario:

workFor(00:10)
    selectGatherPreset(Preset name)
    waypoint(Number of the waypoint you need to run to first [optional])
    startGathering(Number of times you want to gather)
    repeatAll(Number of times for the whole scenario)
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Yesbot Yesbot.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Yesbot Yesbot.
    Yesbot
    Yesbot
    Participant

More information on how to make grids and presets can be found in these links.

JustAnothaTank
    Participant

You have to create a grid and a gathering preset containing that grid and the information of what you want to gather then add something like this to another chapter in the scenario:

workFor(00:10)
    selectGatherPreset(Preset name)
    waypoint(Number of the waypoint you need to run to first [optional])
    startGathering(Number of times you want to gather)
    repeatAll(Number of times for the whole scenario)

Thanks for taking the time to explain it! I read the guide and it ‘clicked’ but when I went to put it into the scenario I was struggling. I think I was looking for a lazy method of being able to just get a grid and tell it to gather. Your snippet example is exactly what I needed, I’ll modify the Grids to go to a node and play around.

Can workFor() work with ET reference? Or will I have to go to each step and see ‘how’ long I have spare (Miqo has this info as part of afkUntil() but I assume I can’t pass that variable).

For instance if I have 4 mintues before the right ET, I could hardcode workFor(4:00) but if I get there a bit late, I could miss the node and end up throwing off the entire rotation.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.