Grade 4 Expert Crafts

Forum Forums Discussion Grade 4 Expert Crafts

This topic contains 52 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author

evaunit01berserk
    Participant
    1+

okay?

I’m going to be frank. I have been here for quite a while and the pity party everytime someone gets slightly upset has worn off for me. I defended you before but when I am seeing “developers” being used when a guy that is solo creates module for expert crafts gets his done faster, I am allowed to be a bit peeved and should not be guilt tripped. In this day of cyberpunk 2077 fiasco, I am just not that trusting anymore to what I am being told.

bottybot
    Participant

For me, like the last rankings, I used miqo successfully, accepting around a 50% failure rate on mats. As mentioned the bot doesn’t crash, sometimes finishes early and sometimes gets stuck on one action (in my case its always inner quiet). But I can accept that the team have told me that the bot isn’t going to work properly (or at all). I guess its human nature to try and push things to break 🙂 I am grateful that although its not working, I can still partially automate these recipes.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

In this day of cyberpunk 2077 fiasco, I am just not that trusting anymore to what I am being told.

Honestly the expert crafts is like one millionth of the things Miqo can do. There are hundreds of features that work great. And this nitpicking simply indicates that you have a depression mate. We are all upset by Cyberpunk. You are not alone.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Lyfox Lyfox.
    lalafell
    lalafell
    Participant

It’s partially automated, not fully–although if you’re lucky you can easily do 40+ crafts without having to touch a single button so ymmv. I’m not experiencing crashes, as was stated should be the case. I don’t know if it’s because I have 64GB of RAM to spare on my PC or not though. I’ve been very happy with miqo so I’m in no particular rush, personally on it being implemented. I manually got my titles (and never wish that on anyone). The fact that I can partially automate achievement hunting now is something I’m thankful for.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

I’m going to be frank. I have been here for quite a while and the pity party everytime someone gets slightly upset has worn off for me. I defended you before but when I am seeing “developers” being used when a guy that is solo creates module for expert crafts gets his done faster, I am allowed to be a bit peeved and should not be guilt tripped. In this day of cyberpunk 2077 fiasco, I am just not that trusting anymore to what I am being told.

Understood.
    Thank you for letting us know.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

I don’t understand the skepticism others have here. Wasn’t miqo available for past rankings? If the devs were ok with having miqo up and running for the first 2 rankings, why wouldn’t they be ok with it up for the 3rd?

The simplest explanation here is the one the devs have given us – it’s more complicated this time. Square is known for throwing small wrenches into their updates to thwart bots (e.g. shifting diadem nodes slightly and making it a new area).

But I can accept that the team have told me that the bot isn’t going to work properly (or at all). I guess its human nature to try and push things to break 🙂 I am grateful that although its not working, I can still partially automate these recipes.

I’ve been very happy with miqo so I’m in no particular rush, personally on it being implemented. I manually got my titles (and never wish that on anyone). The fact that I can partially automate achievement hunting now is something I’m thankful for.

Thank you for your patience and understanding very much.
    We will do our best to address the issue as soon as possible.

zeroshadow
    Participant
    1+

okay?

Not sure what you’re expecting by continuing to doubt the devs here. You’re welcome to think they’re lying to you, but unless you have proof (or even a reason why they would, rofl), there’s not much point in continuing to say the same thing.

Ok you don’t believe them. Cool.

I’m hoping they can get the update out as soon as reasonably possible, but I’m not going to act like the other 200 features of the bot suddenly aren’t working, or that there’s nothing to do in FFXIV for the next 5 days than cheese the rankings.

Enjoy the game and the bot, or maybe consider taking a break.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  zeroshadow.

evaunit01berserk
    Participant

Im not trying to cheese the rankings, I had season 1 saint and there is no reason for me to rank. I just want to clear the bloody store before everyone stops trying to rank and the mat prices shoot the hell up.

Dobonhonkeroos
    Participant
    1+

But it does not describe the condition that occurs at the moment

The current crafting condition is stored at address 7FF66EF26F88 in memory as a “byte array.”

The appearance of new crafting conditions distorts the memory layout inside Crafting Solver and it starts reading random values from RAM.

Before the addition of the two new conditions, you could have processed the condition as uint8, but the list of possible conditions is now 9 items long and extends beyond 0-7. The data type is Uint16 (0000 0001 1110 0011 for newest recipes, bitmasked to 483) and if treated as such, should prevent the solver/process from reading outside the correct area.

Please let me know if this is of use to you or if you are willing to provide more specific details about the issue. Thank you for your consideration.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Thank you, but unfortunately this information does not help.
    The information you provide is related to the game client data. While the issue lies in the multidimensional solution map generated by the Crafting Solver. Explaining the details of internal data structures of Crafting Solver will probably take twice more time than implementing the upgrade. If you excuse us, we would like to focus on the development process.

This is our final post in this thread.
    When the upgrade is ready for release, the announcement will be posted in the main status thread:
    Shadowbringers – Miqobot Status

Thank you everyone for your patience very much.

zeroshadow
    Participant

Im not trying to cheese the rankings, I had season 1 saint and there is no reason for me to rank. I just want to clear the bloody store before everyone stops trying to rank and the mat prices shoot the hell up.

Not sure what you mean by “clear the store”, but mat prices drop significantly after rankings (at least they have the last 2 times).

evaunit01berserk
    Participant

Get all the stuff available in the store.

On my server the restoration rankings are literally the only mats get put onto the market. After that production drops to almost zero.

tuktukin
    Participant
    1+

I really don’t get this anymore. Can’t people just understand that the system just got more complicated?

Tested the crafted a bunch of times and it only gets stuck every now and then, to which its easily solved by just manually pressing Hasty Touch again.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  tuktukin.

evaunit01berserk
    Participant

I really don’t get this anymore. Can’t people just understand that the system just got more complicated?

Maybe its just too complicated.

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant
    2+

I don’t know the exact details of the crafting solver process. But I think it was behaving like an AI, preprocessing the steps with your current stats and determining the best path to take, in order to put you in the best possible spot for the craft for the next step.
    Determining what the “best possible” spot is, is probably the hardest part here.
    Before, we had mostly reactive conditions, where if you get a condition you can make a decision on the fly, allowing to go for the general “health” of the craft, being durability, progress almost on max (one synth to finish), keeping CP high, etc. For example: For a centered you could just decide if you can go for a risky skill or not in this exact moment it pops up.

However now you kinda need to plan more ahead. With the new conditions, you kinda want to push the progress phase further into the rotation to take advantage of all the malleable. But probably just until you build up all your inner quiet stacks, as you then don’t want to be interrupted by the need to push progress in the quality phase, next to the danger of not completing the craft of course.
    The same happens with the primed condition, while mathematically it might be not worth to get an extra 10 durability from manipulation for the full cost in comparison to a pliant manipulation, it might be worth it compared to no condition usage of it and then taking a full cost masters mend with only 30 durability restoration instead of the 50 it would’ve gained. Hence miqo needs to decide, if it wants to fish for pliant or not, etc.

While I don’t know (and I don’t need to know) if the developers need more time on those specific things, I definetly can see an increased complexity here.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Grade 4 Expert Crafts’ is closed to new replies.