Grade 4 Expert Crafts

Forum Forums Discussion Grade 4 Expert Crafts

This topic contains 52 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author

ExtraNatio
    Participant

Can we please get an update on this?

Will we actually get this functionality in time to have a meaningful impact on the rankings or not? With 5 days of the season left, and your guideline of 3 to 5 days at its end, can we please get a definitive answer on this?

Thanks.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    5+

No, this feature will not be available during rankings.
    As it is stated in the main status thread, the schedule is only approximate and may change depending on the data discovered during development. It turned out to be more complex than we anticipated, so it will take another week to finish.

It is impossible to provide a definitive answer for features that have never existed in the game. Each of them requires thorough research and several development stages.
    Please do not expect Miqobot to support new features from day one.

MiqoUser
    Participant

As a short term solution, would it be possible to make the bot at least use Hasty Touch if it gets stuck on Inner Quiet or Byregot’s? It isn’t the most optimal solution but it would at least allow it to craft Expert recipes without supervision.

ExtraNatio
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response. With that being said, is there any possibility to adding temporary solutions like Aldrachar suggested?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

No, unfortunately it is not possible.
    This problem is caused by memory corruption inside Crafting Solver data structures triggered by appearance of unsupported crafting conditions. Implementation of an algorithm that would prevent this from happening would take approximately the same amount of time as implementing the full upgrade.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    6+

We would like to remind everyone that Miqobot Forums is not a place for personal confrontations.
    The aggressive off-topic in this thread was removed.

In the future, please remember to keep the discussion constructive and civilized.

Dobonhonkeroos
    Participant

I would like to provide some information that could be of use to recognizing the “unsupported crafting conditions.” What conditions a recipe is capable of having is stored in column 7 of RecipeLevelTable as a bitmask. Most are “15”, but Phase 2-3 Experts are “115”, and Phase 4 (5.41) Experts are “483”. Here are the conditions, their hex values, what powers of two they resolve to, and binary representations of the flags which are set or not set for each case.

Normal = 1 (1)
    Good = 2 (2)
    Excellent = 3 (4)
    Poor = 4 (8)
    Centered = 5 (16)
    Sturdy = 6 (32)
    Pliant = 7 (64)
    Malleable = 8 (128)
    Primed = 9 (256)

Standard Recipes: “15” = 000001111
    Phase 2&3 Expert Recipes: “115” = 001110011
    Phase 4 Expert Recipes: “483” = 111100011

– Normal recipes are therefore 0+0+0+0+0+8+4+2+1 = 15, because in order: Poor, Excellent, Good, and Normal are active.
    – Prior Experts are 0+0+64+32+16+0+0+2+1 = 115, with Poor/Excellent disabled, but Centered, Sturdy, and Pliant active in addition to Good and Normal.
    – 5.41 Experts are 256+128+64+32+0+0+0+2+1 = 483, with Primed, Malleable, Pliant, Sturdy, Good, and Normal active. Poor/Excellent are again disabled, and Centered is now disabled.

If Miqobot is capable of recognizing and distinguishing between other conditions already, hopefully identifying the 2 new conditions by hex value will be straightforward and allow implementation.

I hope that this is of use, and even if it is not, please feel free to contact me if there is something more in-depth I may be able to assist with.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  Dobonhonkeroos. Reason: minor addition
    LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Honestly the synth can be completed w/o ever using any of the new procs (malleable/primed). Miqo should be able to complete them if it supported the previous versions of the synths. The only way I could see the new procs affecting miqo is if malleable procs during the progress phase and causes the synth to complete early. Other than that, it should be fine completely ignoring those two buffs.

lalafell
    lalafell
    Participant

Honestly, that is what happens. I just use miqo and only check the forums when it’s needed. So I was unaware of the “not supported” until I came in to bug report a few glitches in certain situations with the new crafts. Miqo doesn’t crash at all when I run it with the new crafts. If the new progress buff procs during the progress stage, it can complete early (but only if it procs during the last progress step). I only had that happen once. Is it a perfect solution? No. Doing it manually would be more efficient in terms of resources. I’ve not seen what’s reported by the miqo team (crashes, etc). It has been running fine for me, just at about a 40-50% (depending on luck) failure rate of the craft itself (in terms of quality) due to the new buffs not being recognized.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by lalafell lalafell.

Kariyosh
    Participant

I’m in the same boat as Lala above, I’ve had a roughly 40% success rate on completed crafts, which is honestly fine. The big issue is that sometimes it will totally lock up and need to be restarted. Would it be possible to install some sort of brake, say, when Miqo attempts to cast an ability 10 times in a row? just cancel the craft, restart from scratch? I’m unsure how any of it would work but hoping for a solution before the rankings conclude. Thanks!

lalafell
    lalafell
    Participant

I got about a 30% failure rate on previous crafts just simply because it’s still very RNG heavy. The issue with the new crafts is that Miqo doesn’t know what the new buffs are and will sometimes try to restart the craft. If you manually do a logical step, she’ll catch up to you. So it’s not completely automatic, but miqo still speeds up the process tenfold. And I’ll take that and a bit of a higher failure rate. I’ve done the rankings every season so this gets old fast.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by lalafell lalafell.

Kariyosh
    Participant

Thanks for the advice, I’ll see if taking a step when it hitches helps next time it happens. This is my first attempt at saint, I stumbled into Beata when I was leveling CUL, last season.

evaunit01berserk
    Participant

Im very suspect of the reason for this as another bot was holding off for “3-5” days but they straight up said this was because they wanted the people that were manual to actually get a head start.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Im very suspect of the reason for this as another bot was holding off for “3-5” days but they straight up said this was because they wanted the people that were manual to actually get a head start.

Thank you for your opinion.
    We sincerely apologize that Miqobot does not meet your expectations.

Crafting Solver is a very complex system. Our developers are working non-stop to deliver new version as fast as possible.
    We are very hurt by the fact that you don’t believe us.

I would like to provide some information that could be of use to recognizing the “unsupported crafting conditions.” What conditions a recipe is capable of having is stored in column 7 of RecipeLevelTable as a bitmask. Most are “15”, but Phase 2-3 Experts are “115”, and Phase 4 (5.41) Experts are “483”. Here are the conditions, their hex values, what powers of two they resolve to, and binary representations of the flags which are set or not set for each case.

Thank you for the information very much.
    Unfortunately, it describes only the list of possible conditions. But it does not describe the condition that occurs at the moment and does not help Crafting Solver to remap the inner data structures.

Miqo doesn’t crash at all when I run it with the new crafts.

The appearance of new crafting conditions distorts the memory layout inside Crafting Solver and it starts reading random values from RAM. Under normal circumstances, any other application would crash. The fact that is doesn’t happen here is a pure coincidence.

But it doesn’t reduce the amount of work required to implement new algorithms.

Would it be possible to install some sort of brake, say, when Miqo attempts to cast an ability 10 times in a row? just cancel the craft, restart from scratch? I’m unsure how any of it would work but hoping for a solution before the rankings conclude.

Implementation of this kind of algorithm would take the same amount of time.

zeroshadow
    Participant
    2+

I don’t understand the skepticism others have here. Wasn’t miqo available for past rankings? If the devs were ok with having miqo up and running for the first 2 rankings, why wouldn’t they be ok with it up for the 3rd?

The simplest explanation here is the one the devs have given us – it’s more complicated this time. Square is known for throwing small wrenches into their updates to thwart bots (e.g. shifting diadem nodes slightly and making it a new area).

Does it suck? I guess that depends on your personal opinion on using a bot for ranking (I got my ranking legit last season so I don’t have a horse in this – I just want to get my 100x crafts achievements). But unless you have some proof of a conspiracy, I’d recommend believing the devs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Grade 4 Expert Crafts’ is closed to new replies.