Endwalker Miqo Roadmap

Forum Forums Discussion Endwalker Miqo Roadmap

This topic contains 261 replies, has 113 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 262 total)
  • Author

feefee
    Participant

If I’m reading the roadmap correctly, with the upcoming update to make Miqobot work and in the next 1-2 months, gathering functionality will be brought to Endwalker maps? And even though new abilities are not supported, we could still technically have Miqobot press buttons on the hotbar to use the new abilities for rotations, right?

khmmiqobot
    Participant

If I’m reading the roadmap correctly, with the upcoming update to make Miqobot work and in the next 1-2 months, gathering functionality will be brought to Endwalker maps? And even though new abilities are not supported, we could still technically have Miqobot press buttons on the hotbar to use the new abilities for rotations, right?

Yes, you can use the scenario and macro options to customize what Miqo presses.

Ray
    Participant
    5+

Hats off to the Miqo team for getting this update out on time and in line with the roadmap. Please Devs take some time to enjoy this expansion.

Kadyr777
    Participant

Any 50/60/70/80 dungeon is not good for leveling. Thats why they never pop in leveling roulette. Thats why Sohm Al is better than any 60 squadron dungeon. And Qitana Ravel is better than any 80 trust dungeon.

I can’t thank you enough for posting this, I was silly running Heroes’ Gauntlet thinking it was best. After testing the two, this is so accurate it’s crazy, thank you!

flooferfluffer
    flooferfluffer
    Participant

ima be honest its probably safe to skip automating the new spear fishing entirely

it seems they even went and made it so the new aethersands come from one normal fish and one spearfishing fish, so you can pick which one you do

that and it looks like it’d be a pain to get the kitty to get the timing right, especially with low vision

soviras
    soviras
    Participant
    1+

ima be honest its probably safe to skip automating the new spear fishing entirely

it seems they even went and made it so the new aethersands come from one normal fish and one spearfishing fish, so you can pick which one you do

that and it looks like it’d be a pain to get the kitty to get the timing right, especially with low vision

I disagree on this. It’s actually trivial to get the timing right with an algorithm. I already made my own tool for it, near 100% accuracy in less than an hour. It isn’t by visual recognition, so low vision isn’t relevant. Spearfishing is a far more effective way to get the aethersands, by about 5 times the hourly output from my own testing.
    There is no reason not to automate it.

Ray
    Participant
    1+

I disagree on this. It’s actually trivial to get the timing right with an algorithm. I already made my own tool for it, near 100% accuracy in less than an hour. It isn’t by visual recognition, so low vision isn’t relevant. Spearfishing is a far more effective way to get the aethersands, by about 5 times the hourly output from my own testing.

can you share the tool?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Ray.

christianrodher
    Participant

LvL 81 trust will be implemented on Revival?

No, there will be no new features after the initial downtime period.
    You can see this information on the roadmap.

Do you have a ETA for the 81 dungeon?

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

can you share the tool?

If I make it more robust I might. It’s currently based on the memory layout on my main computer, but on a different device it won’t necessarily work as it gets assigned differently. I use something specific to how my CPU handles instructions to find the memory range. If I have time to find a more global solution to get the right memory range, I will release it. Currently looking for a new job, and that has priority…

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Do you have a ETA for the 81 dungeon?

ETA is 2-4 months.
    You can see this information on the roadmap.

bcclar77
    Participant

Congrats Miqo team on the fast update for this expansion. All your hard work is very much appreciated!

I have one small QOL suggestion for consideration.

More and more users are maintaining and updating their grids and scenarios on the forum – fixing navigation bugs, errors, etc. Which is great! But Miqo’s import function will not allow overwriting on an import. It forces what it sees as “duplicate” to be skipped, as said in the dialogue box.

Since users are maintaining their uploads, it would be nice if Miqo would prompt the user to decide to “overwrite or skip” in the same way Windows would when moving files. We current manage this by deleting grids and presets prior to import, but it takes a long time sometimes and I’d prefer an option to import and override with the most recent versions.

Just an idea, thanks again!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Miqobot identifies a preset as duplicate only if it’s an absolute match.
    There are no heuristics involved, the algorithm compares two presets on a binary level. Even if you move a single waypoint slightly, it will be considered a new navigation grid and can not be identified as duplicate. It will be imported as it is and stored as a separate grid with the same name.

As for an option to overwrite presets during import, we may consider it.
    Although from your description it looks like you intend to overwrite presets when their names match, regardless of whether they are duplicates on a binary level.
    Is this correct?

bcclar77
    Participant

Ah, I understand. I guess I was confused when seeing the dialog box saying it skipped an import.

I remember when the popular diadem scenario got updated, in order to get the new version we had to delete some grids. But that may have been a unique situation and I’m not a technical person, so I may be mistaken.

Thanks again!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, this is correct.
    If you import a new version of scenario with the same name, the old one will not be deleted automatically. However, automatic overwriting of existing presets may in fact delete important data, such as similar presets from another scenario. Which is why we need a clarification of your request.

bcclar77
    Participant

Ok.

So, let’s suppose a user releases a scenario which contains Grid A, Preset B and Scenario C.

If the user updates their file and I want to update mine as well, I would re-download and re-import.

I would think that their file names, preset names and grid names will be the same many times, so I’d want to replace the Grid, Preset, and/or Scenario, so I get the updated version. If only A and C, or B and C had changes, then I’d like to update and overwrite those.

But if my understanding is wrong, forgive me.

The only time semi-“duplicate” grids/presets caused me an issue was with the Diadem. By deleting all my prior Diadem grids and presets, it worked great, but I had to take that step so that the import tool didn’t skip them.

Hope that helps, but that said, this is very minor, and I appreciate the time to look at it.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 262 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.