Endwalker Miqo Roadmap

Forum Forums Discussion Endwalker Miqo Roadmap

This topic contains 261 replies, has 113 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 262 total)
  • Author

Lorewalk
    Participant
    1+

Hi Miqo!

This close to the expansion I was wondering if your team have a plan laid out for EW, like which features might be updated first and which features might come later? Or any kind of estimated time for when you’ll begin working on said features.

Thanks!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    44+

Yes, of course we have a plan for Endwalker.
    But we are not very excited to announce it.

The reason is that it’s completely tentative and constantly changes with every piece of new information released by Square Enix.
    In addition, we don’t think that it will satisfy the community, because all players need different features and they usually need them as soon as possible. But the main problem with Miqobot project is that we do not sell addons. It means that we don’t have multiple developers working on different features at the same time. We can only implement features one by one.
    So no matter what we say or do, the majority of the community will be disappointed by our decisions.

If you understand this but still wish to know our preliminary plan anyway, then all right, we will post it.
    Of course, we will read and analyze every comment and feedback. But please do not expect any miracles from us. We will continue working within the physical limits of our resourses.

The tentative plan for Endwalker is:

1. Approximately 2-3 weeks.
      Complete Miqobot downtime. No feature is functional in any form. Core modules are being reimplemented and adapted for the new game client.
    2. Approximately 1-2 months (after previous update).
      Miqobot supports only Shadowbringers content. Fishing and Gathering work in new locations, but new abilities are not supported. Spearfishing is broken. Macro Crafting is functional. Crafting Solver is most likely broken.
      Squadron Dungeons and Trust Dungeons are supported up to level 80. Revamped combat rotations are not supported. Sage and Reaper jobs are not supported. Assist Mode usage is very limited.
      Gold Saucer features are most likely unaffected.
      The top priority during this period is implementing the necessary fixes for Combat rotations and restoring level 80 support for all jobs (including new ones).
      Implementation of minor Crafting Solver updates is possible.
    3. Approximately 1-2 months (after previous update).
      Implementation of level 81 Trust Dungeon support.
      Implementation of the important Fishing, Gathering, and Crafting upgrades.
    4. 3+ month onwards.
      Evaluation of project status. Reassessment of the community demand. Reprioritizing features and adjusting further development plans.
      Incremental progress towards level 90 content. Expect a full year for Miqobot to reach level 90.

Zanion
    Participant
    3+

sounds solid and promising! Thank you for your hard work Miqobot team 🙂

NepNep
    Participant
    2+

I for one just want to say thank you for posting this, no one can say they weren’t inform. Does it suck losing such a valuable tool, yea, of course, but it is the nature of the tool. Its built around another service.

But its worth it, from my own perspective, those 2-3 ish weeks at the start, meh, mostly gonna be slow cooking the MSQ anyways, so its not as vital, and while I mostly use the bot for combat assist, who knows what will or wont work, I’ve already be debating based on what may or may not work out of the box. And I’ll live until its back, i personally have managed to get quite a few things in “ok” order back when the bot didnt fully support some classes.

Dont get down, I know some may harp on it, I may have even seemed to in the past, but it was never meant to be critcal, more just, communication like this here, is what is nice, sure the wait sucks, but knowing the progress, knowing the plan, it goes so far to show you are thinking ahead.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  NepNep.

Genezizz
    Participant
    9+

You know, i love this honesty! most dev’s just lie or refuse to give updates at all! you guys are great!

Falbium
    Falbium
    Participant

So in that road map where at do we see the diadem gathering being fixed is it stage 2 or later?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Falbium Falbium.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    6+

We don’t know the answer to this question, because we don’t know the requirements for Diadem Gathering in Endwalker.

If there are no significant changes to Diadem in Patch 6.0, then it will be available at Stage 2.
    If it requires new abilities support or a significant algorithm revamp, then it will have to wait until Stage 3.

darkpokemon
    Participant

At what time you guys estimate the combat assist will be back and operational (lvl 80 rotations only or new ones?)

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

Phase two says it:

Squadron Dungeons and Trust Dungeons are supported up to level 80. Revamped combat rotations are not supported. Sage and Reaper jobs are not supported. Assist Mode usage is very limited.

At that point, it’s expected to be technically functional without the new actions yet. From there, it’ll slowly be expanded into the new content.

ps34pc
    Participant

THanks alot for the update. Much apprecaited. This may seem like a dumb question but what counts as ‘Core modules”? Is that like combat assist and stuff like that? Since dungeons and trusts wont be for 1-2 months

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    5+

Core modules are the foundation of Miqobot application. They are what allow other features to exist in the first place.
    Core modules include:

• Memory layout.
    • Data structures.
    • Game client connection.
    • Keybind identification.
    • Keystroke emulation.
    • Icons recognition database.
    • Game assets recognition database.
    • Ingame UI layout analysis.

darkpokemon
    Participant

Where does assisted combat fit in there? Also what day is miqobots last day before she’s shutdown for awhile?

soren
    Participant

Approximately 2-3 weeks.
    Complete Miqobot downtime. No feature is functional in any form. Core modules are being reimplemented and adapted for the new game client.

Is our subscription paused during this period?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    13+

Where does assisted combat fit in there?

This section describes the expected state of Assist Mode:

Approximately 1-2 months.
    Revamped combat rotations are not supported. Sage and Reaper jobs are not supported. Assist Mode usage is very limited.
    The top priority during this period is implementing the necessary fixes for Combat rotations and restoring level 80 support for all jobs (including new ones).

Also what day is miqobots last day before she’s shutdown for awhile?

Miqobot will be broken by the arrival of new game client.
    This will occur during Patch 6.0 maintenance which precedes the Early Access.

Is our subscription paused during this period?

Yes, of course.

All active license codes will be automatically extended with bonus time.
    The bonus time will be credited at the moment Miqobot comes to life again, and it will cover game maintenance and Miqobot maintenance both.

riley
    riley
    Participant
    3+

Thanks for all of your hard work! I will take the down time as an opportunity to mess around with extreme trials, etc. I will also eagerly and patiently look forward to the crafting solvers return to greatness. Definitely the star of the show.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 262 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.