Endwalker Miqo Roadmap

Forum Forums Discussion Endwalker Miqo Roadmap

This topic contains 261 replies, has 113 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

The only time semi-“duplicate” grids/presets caused me an issue was with the Diadem. By deleting all my prior Diadem grids and presets, it worked great, but I had to take that step so that the import tool didn’t skip them.

That should not have been needed. A Grid, Rotation, Gathering Preset, etc. is only skipped if it is the exact same. So if Miqo skips it, then you already have the up to date version of it.

I would think that their file names, preset names and grid names will be the same many times, so I’d want to replace the Grid, Preset, and/or Scenario, so I get the updated version. If only A and C, or B and C had changes, then I’d like to update and overwrite those.

I think you misunderstood the point above as in skipping means you don’t get updates, which is not true.
    But it might be nice if we get offered an overwrite if the name of an imported Grid, Preset, etc. match AND is different to the one currently installed. If we choose no it should just make a duplicate like it is doing now.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

I would think that their file names, preset names and grid names will be the same many times, so I’d want to replace the Grid, Preset, and/or Scenario, so I get the updated version. If only A and C, or B and C had changes, then I’d like to update and overwrite those.

In this case yes, what you are asking about is overwriting ambiguous presets.
    This is indeed a reasonable request as scenario authors usually try to name their presets in a unique way. There will be problems when preset names from different authors collide, but these should be rare.

Very well, we will add your suggestion to the list of QoL updates.
    Thank you for the constructive feedback.

bcclar77
    Participant

Thanks for your great user support – it’s really impressive. A low priority I’m sure, just thought it might be a good idea. Thank you!

jedahdemon
    Participant

So considering how little most jobs changed from 80-90 (most seem to have only gained one new actions and a 1-2 upgraded actions which already seem to be implemented) do you think level 90 support for Jobs that weren’t drastically altered like Monk and Summoner will be implemented faster than you originally anticipated?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

We can not make any promises yet, but we will do our best.
    Restoring level 80 rotations support for all jobs (including new and revamped jobs) remains the highest priority.

uwu
    Participant

Miqo,

What kind of implementation would need to happen to limit DOT application on mobs with very low HP? With combat assist sometimes casting a DOT on a mob with <10% hp is a waste. I know tool allow the actual HP raw data to be displayed so obviously on bosses and mobs with higher HP a % would not make sense. Not sure if its something to look into, but if its an easy adjustment it might help a lot on jobs that have DOT reapplication as part of their rotations.
    Thanks for everything!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  uwu.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

This improvement is already planned, but we haven’t yet identified a reliable definition of “very low HP”.
    This value would be different depending on character level, enemy level, instance type, number of party members, and overall DPS. There are too many variables to predict correctly whether an enemy will live long enough for a DoT ability to be effective. And if this prediction turns out to be incorrect, it may very easily become a downgrade in many cases.

We will have to perform more research and experiments before we are ready to push the formula into release.
    This will remain a low priority until the more obvious and important hotfixes are implemented.

pussyfoot
    Participant
    1+

Couldn’t this be remedied by allowing the end-user more customization options with rotations and values? For instance, a setting window in rotations where I could set the percentage I personally wanted to stop using dots?

reeeeeeeee
    Spectator

Couldn’t this be remedied by allowing the end-user more customization options with rotations and values? For instance, a setting window in rotations where I could set the percentage I personally wanted to stop using dots?

this please

ryann
    Participant

The only real-time i don’t like DoT’s being applied is during FATES. Even solo, the mobs will never last long enough for it to matter (Atleast the majority of fates). And for jobs like SAM, it isn’t like you can remove that ability from the hotbar.

wexiou
    wexiou
    Participant
    1+

hello! quick question; what is the ETA on the crafting solver? i couldn’t find anything about it on this thread 🙁 thank you for all the work you do!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

For instance, a setting window in rotations where I could set the percentage I personally wanted to stop using dots?

Is this really the best solution? Imagine constantly juggling this setting back and forth. Farm overworld mobs – alttab to Miqo, adjust setting. Start a boss FATE – alttab to Miqo, adjust setting. Leveling roulette pops – adjust setting. Reach boss – adjust setting. Boss dies – adjust setting. Wouldnt this be annoying?

Andylynyn
    Participant
    1+

The much easier way to do this would be to have a toggle, much like positionals/healing.

Apply Dots – Y/N

easy.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Its still a setting that has to be constantly toggled.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

what is the ETA on the crafting solver?

ETA on the Crafting Solver is 1-2 months for minor updates, and additional 1-2 months for major ones.
    You can see this information on the roadmap.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 262 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.