[Beta] Combat

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Combat

This topic contains 627 replies, has 132 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 628 total)
  • Author
    k007
    k007
    Participant

I believe they’re still working on 50+ ability rotation. The 50 and below rotation still works in killing monsters in Eureka probably not as fast but still works.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

Is the first post in this thread updated? 1-50 is optimized, but above 50 abilities are possibly wrong? How does that interact with eureka?

Yes, the first post contains the latest information about Combat system.
    Miqobot is capable of fighting at level 70 but not with maximum efficiency. You can already use Miqobot in Eureka if you don’t mind incomplete performance of level 70 rotations. Due to the nature of combat system, some jobs will be easier to handle than others.
    You can read the feedback on various jobs below the Patch Notes post: Miqobot v1.3.18

We continue working on battle rotations and will be releasing incremental updates in the upcoming versions.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Can i make a suggestion for the next beta update for ninja? If miqobot would withhold using Raiton/Fuma Shuriken if TA has 10-15 seconds left on CD, and save it for casting Suiton ready for the next TA, that would be useful.

Recommendations for TA/suiton sound good though. Mug/Jug could also be saved for TA if coming up.

Sure, we will adjust the inner formulae to allow special Ninjutsu delay for upcoming Trick Attack cooldown.
    Thank you for your suggestion!

im also having issues where if i try to override assist mode with using the ninjutsu skills manually i sometimes get rabbit medium or it will cast early before ive finished my combination for a skill i wanted.
    Pausing assist mode would do the trick, however is it possible for auto pause if manual controls have taken priority and miqobot to continue when the manual action has been cast?

Unfortunately, at this stage of development Miqobot has no reliable way to detect a manual activation of instant ability.
    We will try experimenting with your request, but most likely it will require an additional AI layer which is planned for Rotations Customization feature pack. It will be implemented at a later date.
    In the meantime, please utlilize the pause hotkey when necessary.

i’ve also noticed that when you use Kassatsu it will automatically cast Fuma Shuriken straight after despite TA being off CD.
    leaving a further 20 second gap between TAs.

Kassatsu is not supposed to be used when Huton or Suiton must be refreshed.
    Would you please specify, did you use Kassatsu yourself? Or did Miqobot use Kassatsu despite Trick Attack being ready?
    The first case is a manual intervention that falls outside of Miqobot combat AI.
    The second case is a bug which has to be investigated further.

I have also not seen shadeshift be cast when health is < 50% not sure how this has been scripted as i havent seen it used with miqobot.

Shade Shift is used when health is below 90%, buf after Second Wind and Bloodbath. Perhaps we should change priorities in this case.
    Thank you for your feedback very much!

Just getting it to use armor crush is hard enough; frequently got bunnied trying to slip it in.

Armor Crush will be released in the next update.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

So i readed many post before creating a account and noticed nobody listed those few skill your need to macro for working

So if community can list them and pin them its would be really nice.

You can find these abilities in Patch Notes for each combat system upgrade.
    The latest Patch Notes can be found here: Miqobot v1.3.18

And i would love have some feedback on what’s job assit mods are good/bad implemented. (im new player)

Please visit Changelog in the first post of this topic.
    It contains links to all beta releases and you can find the related feedback directly below them.

small issue related to swiftcast on BLM – it seems to never be cast (at level 33 at least) … other than that things seem to be good at this level.

Swiftcast is usually saved for Flare in order to maximize its efficiency, or for mobility during mechanics dodging.
    There is indeed no useful application of Swiftcast at level 33 that could drastically improve DPS.
    But if you have any ideas, we are open to suggestions 🙂

@Miqobot, Not sure if this was suggested before, but is it possible for assist mode to avoid red AOE or cone shape mechanics from monsters? I see it being done in squad mission but I’m not sure if that is scripted or there is a way to detect red stuff with the 3d radar.

Yes, of course.
    We are planning to introduce navigation meshes support for Assist Mode, and then Miqobot will be able to dodge AoE omens for you. Custom navigation meshes will be released along with Custom fights and Monster grind.

Combat assist is great, but can we add an option to auto target nearby or closest mob? Or Even target of focus target. Its great help as it is for Eureka tho, so thanks for that!

Or “target filter” cause if you’re in Eureka you’re most likely killing the same targets for that challenge log and sometimes the monsters are near another element monster.

Those are likely parts of the future monster farming feature plans 🙂

Yes, this option will also be available after the release of Custom fights feature pack.
    Automatic target selection is basically the last step to fully automated Monster grind, so we have to make sure that all navigation tools are stable and complete before we make this step.

infuriated
    Participant

i’ve also noticed that when you use Kassatsu it will automatically cast Fuma Shuriken straight after despite TA being off CD.
    leaving a further 20 second gap between TAs.

Kassatsu is not supposed to be used when Huton or Suiton must be refreshed.
    Would you please specify, did you use Kassatsu yourself? Or did Miqobot use Kassatsu despite Trick Attack being ready?
    The first case is a manual intervention that falls outside of Miqobot combat AI.
    The second case is a bug which has to be investigated further.

@miqobot
    I did use Kassatsu manually, to try and utilize it for TA with miqobot assist mode to align gcds at level 70, however it just keeps casting Fuma Shuriken straight after.
    Since you have accepted my suggested to adjust the inner formulae to allow special Ninjutsu delay for upcoming Trick Attack cooldown, this should resolve all the problems i have with Ninjutsu at level 70 anyway, and when the level 55 rotations are released this will also have Armor Crush so i suspect i will be able to weave higher level skills in quite nicely. (When is the ETA for this btw, very eager for its release)

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by  infuriated.

xechostormx
    Participant

Swiftcast is usually saved for Flare in order to maximize its efficiency, or for mobility during mechanics dodging.
    There is indeed no useful application of Swiftcast at level 33 that could drastically improve DPS.
    But if you have any ideas, we are open to suggestions 🙂

haha none. I’ve been playing the game for about a week now- It was just something I had noticed. I imagine she will start using fire 3 once there’s a decent enough mana pool to justify using it also.

infuriated
    Participant

Sure, we will adjust the inner formulae to allow special Ninjutsu delay for upcoming Trick Attack cooldown.
    Thank you for your suggestion!

Edit: – cant edit my first reply however
    So just so i understand, with this future update, will miqobot wait until TA is off CD to cast suiton if TA is due to come of CD, or will you aim to Pre-cast suiton within the last 10 seconds of TA CD?

Knhs2
    Participant

How is Miqobot doing for Eureka? I was hoping I could leave it on assist mode and just re-target monsters during chaining. Mashing buttons for hours begins to be tiresome. What are the most effective classes to use it for right now?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Its Ok. Not very decent but it manages. Alone you wont be keeping chains if youre killing mobs at your same level, but if youre in a party I doubt they’ll notice. It doesnt seem to use abilities past lvl60. On bard, it doesnt use refulgent or empyreal, havent tried it with other jobs.

andy_asteroids
    andy_asteroids
    Participant

Howdy! I love Miqobot and I’m just chiming in here to say that I can’t wait for more squadron dungeons to be supported. I’ve been steadily grinding all my combat classes up to 50 – I just wish I could take them all the way to 70 a bit more efficiently. Haven’t tried out Assist Mode yet but I’m probably going to give it a whirl later.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

Ive already leveled all my jobs to 70 with Miqo in Stone Vigil and it worked like a charm. Im not sure why people insist on waiting for more dungeons. Were not moving a muscle anyway so why not click the start button in Miqo while we wait?

Xeronage
    Participant

You don’t think doing over two thousand runs of Stone Vigil is kinda suspicious to level everything from 60-70?

andy_asteroids
    andy_asteroids
    Participant

Ive already leveled all my jobs to 70 with Miqo in Stone Vigil and it worked like a charm. Im not sure why people insist on waiting for more dungeons. Were not moving a muscle anyway so why not click the start button in Miqo while we wait?

‘Cause it takes a long time and costs a lot of seals. I’m not complaining, I love the stuff Miqobot can do, but grinding out 60-70 for every job would take a hell of a lot of time from just running Stone Vigil.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

It took me only 100 runs and 70k seals which is two hours of red scrip farm. Im not saying level everything to 70 right now. All im saying is click start while you wait for new dungeons.

DAL41123
    Participant

Well here are my two cents. After not using miqo since oct i renewed. Not miqos fault, i just wanted to play other things. Anyway, the new features are simply incredible. right around where eureka anemos was launched i spent about an hour there turned tail and noped it. Now after being dragged there by my FC, having miqo by my side has made it quite tolerable. I look forward to see how she grows from here.

If it took lyfox 100 runs to bang out 70, on SV, you could probably cut that number in half running more level appropriate with miqo on assist. Maybe even more than half. 50 runs on squad is a lot quicker and easier with you drving and miqo on guns. so to speak.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 628 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Combat’ is closed to new replies.