[Beta] Combat

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Combat

This topic contains 627 replies, has 132 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 628 total)
  • Author

holows
    Participant

Thanks for all the hard work Miqobot! Is there any expected time when to expect more dungeons or POTD support?

Finally leveling up all my classes to 70 but Brayflox spamming is a bit slow. 🙁

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Next dungeon is already in the testing phase, but due to the arrival of Patch 4.4 we are being overwhelmed with tech support questions and new feature requests. Please take a look around forums, you can see a lot of discussions which we can not ignore.

As to when PotD support will arrive, you can read here: any ETA on palace of the dead/ HOH?

anubismedia
    anubismedia
    Participant

So I’m not complaining by any means; even with little flaws this combat engine is awesome! I’ve been running it for a few hours every day since it came out and I have not had any problems (until now) I’ve been running it since the very beginning with the same scenario scrip (again no issues)

grid(Squadrons)
    waypoint(10)
    repairNpc()
    waypoint(11)
    deliverGCGear()

but every since the update when it gets to the repair npc it starts saying that it cant move because I’m in standard type not Legacy but I’m in Legacy it runs the dungeon fine and it goes to the repair NPC fine but then it freaks. And again I’ve run this same scrip over 500 times I know and it just started this with the update. Here is the error log

Adventure calls! I have to travel far away. (Grid: ‘Squadrons’, Waypoint: 10)
    (10:51:07 PM) Going from 3 to 10 in 8 trips.
    (10:51:16 PM) 7 trips more..
    (10:51:19 PM) 6 trips more..
    (10:51:23 PM) 5 trips more..
    (10:51:25 PM) 4 trips more..
    (10:51:31 PM) 3 trips more..
    (10:51:33 PM) 2 trips more..
    (10:51:33 PM) 1 trip more..
    (10:51:33 PM) Destination reached!
    (10:51:33 PM) Repairing gear at NPC: ‘Hehezofu’
    (10:51:40 PM) All gear repaired ^_^
    (10:51:40 PM) Adventure calls! I have to travel far away. (Grid: ‘Squadrons’, Waypoint: 11)
    (10:51:40 PM) Going from 9 to 11 in 7 trips.
    (10:51:40 PM) Sorry, can’t move. I can move only in Legacy Type, not in Standard Type.
    (10:51:40 PM) 6 trips more..
    (10:51:40 PM) Sorry, can’t move. I can move only in Legacy Type, not in Standard Type.
    (10:51:40 PM) 5 trips more..
    (10:51:40 PM) 4 trips more..
    (10:51:40 PM) 3 trips more..
    (10:51:40 PM) 2 trips more..
    (10:51:40 PM) 1 trip more..
    (10:51:40 PM) Destination reached!
    (10:51:41 PM) Delivering gear to NPC: ‘Hehezofu’
    (10:51:50 PM) This NPC doesn’t take my gear >.<
    (10:51:50 PM) ERROR (Chapter 1, Line 5): Execution error

any ideas?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Thank you for reporting!

Judging from the message log, this issue was caused by a lag spike which temporarily locked your character in the interaction state with Repair NPC. The interaction state is sometimes mistakenly identified as incorrect Movement Type because of the character lock.
    We will try to address the problem in the next update, but this is not an easy issue to fix so it will take some time.

In the meantime, please try the following workaround.
    Insert a small afkFor() delay after repairNpc() function. So your scenario would look like this:

grid(Squadrons)
    waypoint(10)
    repairNpc()
    afkFor(00:00:04)
    waypoint(11)
    deliverGCGear()

Does it help to resolve your issue?

infuriated
    Participant

Hi,

Anymore news on the assist mode development?

Very intrigued with the possibilities that this feature will give to us.
    As from observing the battle mode in squad runs its very responsive to mechanics and dots, it will certainly add value to my dps.
    Iits a feature i am interested to see tthe most at the moment.

infuriated
    Participant

I have another question regarding assist mode, when miqo is working away in auto/bot mode, manual controls are limited, for example you cant write a message in chat. Which isnt a problem rn.
    However, when assist mode is implimented would miqo still assist with mechanics/dps whilst we write a message in chat? Or should we expect similar user functionally whilst shes active?
    Or will she be a button to enable/disable during a fight /or fully automated ready to react?

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Since the beginning I’m expecting a fast shortcut to toggle assist mode on and off, so that we can react to specific things in the fight, a Silence that needs to be done, or preventing the Bot to use the 3min buff because the party decided to delay them for a few seconds because melee are not within boss range when those buff CD are over, etc.

There’s plenty of little moments where you want to override what the bot would do, and have it to pick it up immediately once you’re done doing that special thing.

neoseeker
    Participant

The toggle should be there but 99% the midfight chat won’t because the nature of the bot is basically a keystroke sender and you don’t chat while smashing buttons right? And iirc you can send keystroke by yourself so weaving specific skills should not be a problem.

Also iirc the dev talk about a cooldown planner, that’s where all your min maxing coming from. I doubt the bot can pickup your teammate major cooldown after a pause. I hope it can pick up our rotation phases midway through cooldowns.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  neoseeker.
    remnar
    remnar
    Participant

When dealing with lag, Miqobot’s function just needs to test “cause and effect”. If the effect doesn’t execute within a threshold of time, try it again. If it keeps trying and there is no effect for a certain amount of times, then Miqobot should assume that something is wrong and exit from the dungeon if possible. Miqobot could also check the ping.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Also iirc the dev talk about a cooldown planner, that’s where all your min maxing coming from. I doubt the bot can pickup your teammate major cooldown after a pause. I hope it can pick up our rotation phases midway through cooldowns.

I think that in my example the bot should be able to pick up the 3min party cooldown after a pause.

For example, currently in O12S, during the pink tether phase, it’s where the 3min cooldown get available if you started them in the openers, but due to the mechanic, no one will be near Omega during that, so the party hold a few seconds on those CD, until the melee can reach the boss again.
    What I would do in this example, right before those CD get available, I would turn off assist mode, I’ll continue the rotations, but I’ll hold on the 3min CD, then I believe there’s 2 way to deal with the situation, and both should have a similar outcome.
    I could turn back on assist mode, and Miqobot will see those CD are available, and therefore will use them immediately, or I could use them myself, and turn back on assist mode right after that.

In any case, what will happen next, is that those CD will be aligned again with the ones from the party, and since Miqobot should use them on CD, she will use them exactly when the rest of the party will use theirs on the next iteration.

There’s a similar thing in O10S, those CD are available during the nail phase, it’s better to hold on those until Midgarsormr is back, in a mid-fight opener.

neoseeker
    Participant

Yeah, but that’s as crude as it can be. I think with a planner we can automate these too so we don’t need to pause that often.

Heartfilia
    Heartfilia
    Participant
    1+

This has been working perfectly for me in Brayflox’s with no intervention!

Is there any ETA on a higher level dungeon?

Riyuya
    Participant

Does anyone else have an issue where miqobot can’t select chests or the locked doors and only cycles through your squadron members? It’s happened to me every run and if I don’t select things for her it just stops running.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Anymore news on the assist mode development?

Yes, Assist Mode will arrive in one of the upcoming updates.

However, when assist mode is implimented would miqo still assist with mechanics/dps whilst we write a message in chat?

We are sorry, this feature is technically impossible.
    You can read the detailed explanation in this thread: Chatting while bot is active

Since the beginning I’m expecting a fast shortcut to toggle assist mode on and off, so that we can react to specific things in the fight, a Silence that needs to be done, or preventing the Bot to use the 3min buff because the party decided to delay them for a few seconds because melee are not within boss range when those buff CD are over, etc.

Yes, a shortcut to toggle Assist Mode will be available, as well as custom rotation designer with the ability to create presets for different encounters.
    This is still an early beta version, so please do not expect all features to be implemented at once.

Is there any ETA on a higher level dungeon?

Next dungeon is already in the testing phase, but due to the arrival of Patch 4.4 we are being overwhelmed with tech support questions and new feature requests.
    It will take some time to handle the increased workload.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Does anyone else have an issue where miqobot can’t select chests or the locked doors and only cycles through your squadron members? It’s happened to me every run and if I don’t select things for her it just stops running.

It appears that you have altered the default Target Filter settings in the game.
    Please follow these steps:

1. Open System -> Character Configuration -> Control Settings -> Filters tab.
    2. Make sure that the following settings are checked:
      – Enable target cycling.
      – When weapon is sheathed -> NPC/Objects.
      – When weapon is drawn -> NPC/Objects.

Did it help to resolve your issue?

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 628 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Combat’ is closed to new replies.