[Beta] Combat

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Combat

This topic contains 627 replies, has 132 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 628 total)
  • Author
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting!

Unfortunately after several hours of testing we couldn’t reproduce your issue.
    Based on your description, it seems that Miqobot was trying to fight a monster that was outside the arena for some reason. In this case, however, she had to discard the battle mode automatically and navigate further before re-engaging. But without any message logs it’s very hard to understand what exactly happened or how to avoid this in the future.

Next time you encounter this issue, please take a moment to copy the message log in a text file for further analysis.
    Thank you very much!

Tornadoo255
    Tornadoo255
    Participant

Hi.
    Thank you for this tool, which help us a lot. The dev team are doing a great job. Thanks

I was running Brayflox (with the Maelstrom).

Miqobot gave a message saying she had hit an obstacle and then would navigate to multiple way points around the arena never able to leave, I let her do this for about 5 minutes. She never tried to trigger a kill switch and even when I was holding W to walk out of the arena she was hitting some kind of invisible wall and unable to leave the boss arena.

I got the same issue 3 times, with my MRD (leveling from 50 to 60)

This is one of the log :

(09:47:40) Battle FINALIZED.
    (09:47:40) #4 complete!
    (09:47:40) Navigating to objective #5 (interact).
    (09:47:50) Interacting…
    (09:47:52) #5 complete!
    (09:47:52) Navigating to objective #6 (boss).
    (09:47:56) Battle INIT.
    (09:47:56) Fight this: ‘Great Yellow Pelican’
    (09:47:58) Fight next: ‘Violet Back’
    (09:48:07) Fight next: ‘Violet Back’
    (09:48:10) Fight next: ‘Violet Back’
    (09:48:15) Fight next: ‘Great Yellow Pelican’
    (09:48:58) Fight next: ‘Blue Back’
    (09:49:03) Fight next: ‘Sable Back’
    (09:49:06) Fight next: ‘Violet Back’
    (09:49:08) Fight next: ‘Great Yellow Pelican’
    (09:49:10) Fight next: ‘Violet Back’
    (09:49:16) Battle: Obstacle correction 1.
    (09:49:23) Battle: Obstacle correction 2.
    (09:49:25) Battle: Obstacle correction 3.
    (09:49:28) Battle: Obstacle correction 4.
    (09:49:32) Battle: Obstacle correction 5.
    (09:49:35) Battle: Obstacle correction 6.
    (09:49:38) Battle: Obstacle correction 7.
    (09:49:40) Battle: Obstacle correction 8.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Thank you for providing the requested information!

We have investigated the problem and it appears to be caused by temporary data corruption in the game memory, which occurs when the Goblin Pathfinder NPC enters the arena. We are already working on a solution but it’s not an easy issue to fix, so it will take a few more hours.
    We apologize for inconvenience.

jimjankins
    jimjankins
    Participant

Miqo, this is anecdotal and I don’t have logs saved of it, but I’ve also experienced this bug before.

One thing to note is, a lot of times the obstacle correction seems to work, at least to where it mentions object correction 2 or 3 times in the log, then manages to proceed without further incident and finish the run. Just wanted you to be aware of this fact as it might shed some additional light here.

On my setup at least, the bug is quite rare as well. Happened maybe 3 times out of the hundreds of runs to level several battle jobs.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by jimjankins jimjankins. Reason: spelling is hard
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, the purpose of obstacle correction algorithm is to get around unlucky camera angles which can happen quite often.

Since Miqobot does not use code injections, she can not force a specific enemy to be selected instantly. And sometimes even the perfect line-of-sight camera alignment results in the target being slightly obscured by a tree or terrain decoration. You may have experienced this during normal playing as well, when the game simply refuses to select the enemy you need for unknown reasons unless you move the camera slightly left or right.

In the case discussed earlier, however, the problem is not related to obstacles.
    Miqobot tries to target an enemy which existed for a fraction of second due to temporary data corruption. That enemy is the Goblin Pathfinder NPC now, so the game does not respond to “Target Nearest Enemy” action which results in a logic deadlock.

We expect many issues like this one in the future, because implementing a truly stable system requires evaluating a tremendous number of rare cases.
    So please keep providing feedback, it helps us identify them faster.

Thank you very much!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

Miqobot v1.3.13

Download Miqobot Beta

A rare issue is addressed.
    – Fixed an issue wherein a boss battle would sometimes not finish when an ally NPC enters the arena.

IceDeathTK
    IceDeathTK
    Participant

I have a few issues with the Combat stuff. My keybinds are all set to default (except for “Move selected hotbar up” which was Shift + Up Arrow).

– The bot seems to get stuck at objectives like the NPC in brayflox that gives you the key or the door to the next area. It targets one of the party members, waits a few seconds, then deselects and selects them again. It’s as if it selects the party member but then can’t cycle through to select the NPC. Dunno if it matters, but all 3 of my party members are in front of me during this (so they’re between me and the NPC in a triangle formation).

– Probably related to the last issue, but after finishing the first boss, the bot got stuck switching between the two flying enemies afterwards instead of the treasure chest in front of it.

Otherwise, this is working great and I really enjoy it! 😀 Thanks for all the hard work!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by IceDeathTK IceDeathTK.
    IceDeathTK
    IceDeathTK
    Participant

It looks like it won’t let me edit my last post for some reason, but I reset all my keybinds to English US keyboard and it works flawlessly now. \ o /

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting!

Do you remember what keybinds you had assigned to actions “Move Cursor Left” and “Move Cursor Right” before reset? These are the actions that Miqobot uses to cycle through nearby NPCs and it looks like she had an issue with them.
    The default ones are set to NUM4 and NUM6.

dexter1912
    Participant
    3+

any ETA on palace of the dead/ HOH? aspect of this feature? In an earlier post back in August you said it would be here when the core squad dungeon support had been implemented, not sure exactly what that means….all the dungeons you want to add? etc. Squad dungeons have been fun but leveling up is much faster with the those other 2 places. thanks for the quick updates/support so far!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

We are implementing battle rotations for all jobs and Squadron Dungeons are well suited for incremental updates to show our progress. Palace of the Dead requires full level 60 rotations support, considering that we do not plan to stop at Floors 1-10 only.

It will take a few weeks regardless of whether we release new dungeons or not.
    So we think that releasing small updates on a weekly basis is better than releasing nothing at all until everything is ready.

Arc
    Arc

Just giving some community input:
    From my side I would like it the most, if the next priority on the combat feature would be level 60 rotations support, then PotD implementation, then 70 rotation support and then HoH implementation, since as Lyfox already pointed out, it’s completely doable to level all jobs with only Brayflox Longstop.
    I personally tested out leveling 4 jobs from level 40 to 60 since Brayflox was released. Took some time, but it was in a completely reasonable time. I was using the FC exp buff as well as the ala mhigan earrings and it took me about 2 nights to level each job to 60. In my opinion that’s a completely acceptable timeframe. Leveling those jobs to 70 could take much longer with Brayflox though, since it already took like I think 10+ or so runs for 1 level up from 59 to 60.
    The experience needed gets much higher with each level from that point on, so pushing towards HoH compatibility would be great.

This is just my opinion though, but there you got one opinion for now. What do the others think?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, that’s pretty much our plan.

It will take the same amount of time to implement level 60 rotations with or without Squadron Dungeons. So we are adding new dungeons support as a bonus as we make progress towards Palace of the Dead.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Ah, that’s how your workflow is going. Then it’s great 🙂

Really looking forward to HoH ^^

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Miqobot v1.3.14

Download Miqobot

In order to recover from damage caused by Patch 4.4 as fast as possible, the latest beta is merged into the full release of Miqobot.
    After the update is fully tested and stabilized, we will continue working on new combat features in this thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 628 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Combat’ is closed to new replies.