[Beta] Combat

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Combat

This topic contains 627 replies, has 132 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 628 total)
  • Author
    IceDeathTK
    IceDeathTK
    Participant

Thank you for reporting!

Do you remember what keybinds you had assigned to actions “Move Cursor Left” and “Move Cursor Right” before reset? These are the actions that Miqobot uses to cycle through nearby NPCs and it looks like she had an issue with them.
    The default ones are set to NUM4 and NUM6.

Upon further experimentation, it appears that having “Gamepad” mode on prevents it from being able to switch to the next NPC. I usually play on controller, and it seems like only this one function doesn’t work with it on. If you can’t fix it, no big deal.

However, you used to be able to go into other squadron missions, hit start on the combat bot and, while it wouldn’t complete the mission or move you, it would automatically fight for you if you targeted something manually. I used it to clear the vault a few times.

With the latest update today however, it seems this “bug” has been fixed. Could it be “unfixed” so that we can automate combat in any squadron mission again? I’m fine waiting for the maps to be generated for each so they could be automated, but having the combat itself simply be turned on for the others would be a huge help in the meantime. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by IceDeathTK IceDeathTK.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Upon further experimentation, it appears that having “Gamepad” mode on prevents it from being able to switch to the next NPC. I usually play on controller, and it seems like only this one function doesn’t work with it on. If you can’t fix it, no big deal.

We are very sorry, but Gamepad mode is technically impossible to support.
    As it is stated in the Quick Setup section at our website, Gamepad mode must be disabled for Miqobot to function properly.

While some features may work to some extent in this mode, it implies certain restrictions on navigation and controls behavior which are impossible to overcome without code injections. As code injections would make Miqobot much more detectable and unsafe, we have no plans to implement them.

However, you used to be able to go into other squadron missions, hit start on the combat bot and, while it wouldn’t complete the mission or move you, it would automatically fight for you if you targeted something manually. I used it to clear the vault a few times.

Would you please give us more information about this feature?

• At what moment exactly did Miqobot start fighting?
    • Did she pull enemies herself or did you help her engage?
    • What did she say in the message log at this time?

We are not aware of this possibility and can not reproduce it with either current or previous version of Miqobot.

It seems that you describe the Assist Mode which is planned for release in one of the upcoming updates. But it is not yet implemented and therefore we do not understand how to turn it on right now.

IceDeathTK
    IceDeathTK
    Participant

We are very sorry, but Gamepad mode is technically impossible to support.
    As it is stated in the Quick Setup section at our website, Gamepad mode must be disabled for Miqobot to function properly.

While some features may work to some extent in this mode, it implies certain restrictions on navigation and controls behavior which are impossible to overcome without code injections. As code injections would make Miqobot much more detectable and unsafe, we have no plans to implement them.

No worries, I figured as much!

Would you please give us more information about this feature?

• At what moment exactly did Miqobot start fighting?
    • Did she pull enemies herself or did you help her engage?
    • What did she say in the message log at this time?

We are not aware of this possibility and can not reproduce it with either current or previous version of Miqobot.

It seems that you describe the Assist Mode which is planned for release in one of the upcoming updates. But it is not yet implemented and therefore we do not understand how to turn it on right now.

– Once I pulled something, she’d take over and start attacking.
    – I had to help her engage, she couldn’t pull herself (which is expected)

Once I targeted enemies, she’d go

(11:41:57 PM) Oops, face pulled something :3
    (11:41:57 PM) Battle INIT.

then say what she was targeting, iirc (along with a few errors here and there).

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by IceDeathTK IceDeathTK.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for providing the requested information!

Unfortunately after several hours we still couldn’t identify the bug that made this possible.
    New features for Squadron Dungeons are being worked on in a separate repository branch, so the latest Miqobot build has no changes in the source code. Therefore we believe that this bug is still present, however there are special conditions to activate it.
    If you discover these conditions, please let us know!

In the meantime, we will continue working on new features and official Assist Mode support.
    We apologize that we are not able to implement your request fast enough.

Akula
    Akula
    Participant

If possible would there be a way to turn off accepting loot, certain dungeons you get swamped by a ton of low level gear not really useful in any way except clogging up your storage / armoury.

Otherwise I love this new addition and can’t wait until new dungeons get added 🙂 Handy for people needing to complete 5 different dungeons to get GC capt rank.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

All low level gear you get from these dungeons can be used for Expert Delivery in exchange for GC seals. This way, you get back about 60-70% of the cost invested in the command mission.
    You can also make all newly obtained gear drop into your inventory instead of the armoury chest.
    This option can be found in the game under System -> Character Configuration -> Item Settings.

In addition, our community has already created several scenarios that automate the Expert Delivery process after each run.
    You can find them here: Squadron Scenario

So we apologize for asking twice, but we have to make sure that we understand the request.
    You would prefer Miqobot to ignore all treasure coffers and abandon the Expert Delivery reward. Is this correct?

Zzoomers
    Zzoomers
    Participant

This is probably answered somewhere I couldn’t find on all 10 pages, but can this bot for Brayflox be used on the real duty Brayflox or is it just limited to squadron combat?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+
    • If you mean running the dungeon unsynced, then yes, it is possible. The combat rotations will still remain synced but it shouldn’t be a problem for a level 70 character.
    • If you mean running the dungeon as a regular duty with 3 other players, then no, it is extremely dangerous and may arouse unwanted suspicion. Miqobot will automatically disable itself if she detects any other players in your party.
    Zzoomers
    Zzoomers
    Participant

If you mean running the dungeon as a regular duty with 3 other players, then no, it is extremely dangerous and may arouse unwanted suspicion. Miqobot will automatically disable itself if she detects any other players in your party.

This is what I meant. Will this ever be implemented?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, but only in the form of attended Assist Mode.

Unattended performance for extended amount of time in close vicinity of 3 other players would require deep analysis of social behavior and interaction in the party chat, otherwise it may easily result in account suspension. This feature is possible, but not in the near future.

Assist Mode, however, is relatively safe and will arrive in one of the next updates.

Zzoomers
    Zzoomers
    Participant

Thank you!

Runestone
    Runestone
    Participant

It has probably been mentioned, but I don’t really want to siphon through all the posts here.

It would be nice to have an auto repair after X amount of dungeons, similar to how you can repair after X amount of crafts.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

This feature is already implemented in Scenario Engine.
    Please take a look at the list of new functions in the first post.

Our community has already created several scenarios for all Grand Companies.
    You can find them here: Squadron Scenario

remnar
    remnar
    Participant

I don’t believe gamepad mode is technically impossible unless Microsoft removed that from the Windows API. The only thing Miqobot might have to do is allow a person to create a gamepad profile or use the one FFXIV is using, then use the numbers which each button has assigned to in the API. Also the player would have to set up their hot bar in a WXHB mode. I also understand that if the Windows API does not allow for combined button presses, then it would be technically impossible. This is just my opinion based on several years ago when I used to learn computer programming. But your developers know better than I do. I just hope I brought some insight.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by remnar remnar.
    Runestone
    Runestone
    Participant

Thanks, I had forgotten to take a look at those and was just using the base tab. I’ll have to look over it when I get home!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Runestone Runestone.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 628 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Combat’ is closed to new replies.