June 13, 2017 at 11:51 am #3489
Stormblood expansion arrives on Jun 16, 2017 2:00 a.m. (PDT).
Miqobot will be inevitably damaged and we will have to reimplement the broken parts from scratch. There is no technical way to prevent this.
Rest assured, we are making all the necessary preparations to upgrade Miqobot for Stormblood as soon as possible.
Usually it takes a few hours, but in case of expansion as big as 4.0 it may take several days or weeks.
All active license codes will be automatically extended with bonus time.
The bonus time will be credited at the moment Miqobot comes to life again, and it will cover both game maintenance and Miqobot maintenance.
As the amount of changes is unpredictable, we will not be able to provide any kind of numeric progress or ETA. But we will do our best to keep you informed on the status.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
(Jun 21): Upgrade Stage 1 is complete, but there is still a lot of work for us to do.
Our developers need a few hours of sleep, and immediately after that we start working on Stage 2.
In the meantime, please keep in mind that Miqobot was not tested with 61+ content and may perform unpredictably.
Also, some changes affected features below level 61.
- Gathering: Actions ‘Last Ditch’ and ‘Deep Breath’ were removed. They can not be used and are no longer displayed in gathering designer.
- Gathering: Certain items locations have been changed. Index of gathering grids will have to be adjusted.
- Crafting: Significant changes are introduced to crafting math.
Recipes equal and below your level are unaffected. But for recipes above your level it may be viable to temporarily resort to macro crafting.
According to our preliminary testing, when crafting recipe above your level, progress efficiency is increased by 30% and quality efficiency is decreased by 60%. It may take some time before we figure out the correct formulae for new math.
- Crafting: Condition rates are unknown for new recipes. We will be collecting data as we go so hopefully there will be enough samples by the time we upgrade the math.
On the bright side.
- All new mounts (12) are supported.
- All new aetherytes (14) are supported by Scenario Engine. Teleport to Shirogane Estate Halls will be also supported when plots become available for purchase.
- All new bait (7) and new fish (225) is supported by Scenario Engine.
- Gathering and flying navigation in new areas should work without issues.
- New crafting levels (61-70) are correctly identified and converted to effective levels (260-290).
- Recipe Search works correctly with new recipes and is supported by Scenario Engine.
- Desynthesis is unaffected.
- Chocobo Racing and MGP Minigames are unaffected.
- 3D Radar is unaffected.
(Jul 4): Miqobot is fixed for Patch 4.01.
(Jul 18): Miqobot is fixed for Patch 4.05.
(Aug 8): Miqobot is fixed for Patch 4.06.
Upgrade Stage 2 is in progress.June 14, 2017 at 3:40 pm #3505
DrudictaParticipantJune 15, 2017 at 1:53 pm #3526
Glancing through preliminary Patch 4.0 Notes, it becomes obvious that almost every Miqobot feature will require a thorough revise. Even for levels below 60.
Therefore we accept the strategy that was suggested by our community a while ago:
- Upgrade will be performed in several stages.
- The first stage will adopt the most vital changes marked as 2.x and 3.x.
- The subsequent stages will adopt the rest of 2.x / 3.x / 4.x changes.
In addition, to make things easier to handle, stable and beta versions will be merged.
After Miqobot is successfully upgraded, new features of Scenario Engine (listed under Planned Functions) will be branched into beta once again.
Details on upgrade stages will be posted later.June 15, 2017 at 8:48 pm #3529
Good luck to you and thank you in advance for your effort
I look forward to having the program to move from 60 to 70 quickly in minor and fishing
June 16, 2017 at 2:46 am #3532
- This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by final62.
This is the approximate list of upgrade stages.
– Memory layout upgrade.
– New zones support.
– New mounts support.
– New aetherytes support.
– Keybind mappings.
– Adjust existing gathering actions.
– Adjust existing crafter actions.
– New UI layout adaptation.
– Spearfishing. Seems like a new feature, will require dedicated logics design.
– Swimming navigation. Floating in 2D, diving in 3D.
– Adjust math for new mount speed.
– Consumables during fishing. Assuming cordials can now be used without interruption.
– Verify and adjust Precision Hookset for new fish.
– New fishing actions.
– New gathering actions.
– New crafting actions.
– New crafting math.
– New crafting condition rates. Whistle system has to be revised. Quality Assurance (level 63 trait) may become life changing.
– Upgrade FATE radar to reflect EXP bonus.
Number of stages and priorities within each one are subject to change.June 17, 2017 at 4:50 pm #3540
billouteParticipantJune 17, 2017 at 5:10 pm #3541June 17, 2017 at 6:52 pm #3542
smallerParticipantJune 17, 2017 at 7:39 pm #3543
Though macro crafting may look simple from outside, in fact it is built on several layers of UI navigation algorithms and requires about 80% of memory layout. UI in Stormblood underwent a major overhaul and many algorithms have to be reimplemented from scratch.
We understand your desires and we are doing everything in our power to bring Miqobot back to life as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!June 17, 2017 at 11:22 pm #3544
FinalDParticipantJune 18, 2017 at 11:56 am #3545
When everything is finished being updated, will the bot update itself and start working? or do we to keep tabs here and re-download/dl a patch? Also, thank you very much for your work with this bot!June 18, 2017 at 12:04 pm #3548
Yes, it will be required to redownload the new version.
Miqobot will tell you when it’s ready.
You will see a notification about new version that looks like this: New Versions NotificationJune 18, 2017 at 4:08 pm #3549
DMaxxParticipantJune 19, 2017 at 5:24 am #3550
Hey all, I’ve been away from the game for quite some time. It’s been fun doing the crafting again but omg the gathering…so missing Miqo, can’t wait to start messing with the gathering paths etc. I’m sure there’s lots of new things for me to mess with as well. Thanks for your hard work and will sub soon as the link is available!June 19, 2017 at 6:19 pm #3555
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.