Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback

Forum Forums Discussion Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback

This topic contains 1,142 replies, has 259 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,126 through 1,140 (of 1,143 total)
  • Author

Simpleton
    Participant

First off as far as Feedback, I must say I am enjoying Miqobot and the amount of things it allows us to do. It also is great that the community is very helpful and allows for quick responses. I do have a suggestion though and not sure if it can be implemented quickly or not.

I have been leveling Characters using Squadrons/Trusts. The issue that I find is that when I get to level 60 I’m still having to do a level 53 (Sohm Al) dungeon until I get to 71 to start doing Holminster Switch. Is there a way to get a dungeon added in between these that would allow the leveling process to go a little more quickly? If there is already something that I am just missing I could use some help in knowing what that is. I appreciate all of your assistance.

Andylynyn
    Participant

First off as far as Feedback, I must say I am enjoying Miqobot and the amount of things it allows us to do. It also is great that the community is very helpful and allows for quick responses. I do have a suggestion though and not sure if it can be implemented quickly or not.

I have been leveling Characters using Squadrons/Trusts. The issue that I find is that when I get to level 60 I’m still having to do a level 53 (Sohm Al) dungeon until I get to 71 to start doing Holminster Switch. Is there a way to get a dungeon added in between these that would allow the leveling process to go a little more quickly? If there is already something that I am just missing I could use some help in knowing what that is. I appreciate all of your assistance.

Apparently the Miqo team has done some math around this fact.

Turns out 53 is still better in terms of success rate+time per run in terms of experience gain compared to later dungeons.

I remember reading it on the forums but I can’t find the exact quote now. The team will probably reply with their reasoning.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Indeed, we haven’t discovered any viable alternatives to (Lv53) Sohm Al.

• (Lv60) dungeons give -32% of Sohm Al experience and thus are not efficient.
    • (Lv57) The Vault gives +3.6% experience boost, but the wipe rate becomes extremely high due to many mechanics hitting your character for 90% HP.

If you have any other ideas, we are open to suggestions.

Traveller
    Participant

I’ve found Sohm Al to be pretty effective for levelling. But I have had occasional issues with Pyrodragon, the NPC you encounter shortly into the second area. Sometimes the bot will leave you standing in the burning puddles and not move out of ground AoEs that happen prior to the Pyrodragon being targetable. I’ve had my character die to this once and intervened anther time. Other than that it’s mostly pretty flawless.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Traveller.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Thank you for reporting.
    Yes, we are aware of this problem. Sometimes Miqobot waits for the dragon to land while standing inside fire puddles, but since it happens out of combat, there is a low chance of the DoT killing your character due to increased natural regen. And even if it happens, Miqobot usually recovers within a minute by utilizing the dungeon shortcut. Therefore it’s classified as a minor issue and is ignored.

koala123
    Participant

Having an issue where the changeJob commands stops working while looping a gathering scenario for a while. It starts opening the teleport window and getting stuck instead of switching jobs. I have all my icons visible on the hotbar. When i restart ff14 the scenario works like normal for the first few loops then this happens again.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

We are sorry, but this information is not enough to identify your issue.
    We would have to see the exact scenario and hotbar configuration in order to analyze this problem.

Please contact our Tech Support and we will do our best to help you: https://miqobot.com/#support

Ray
    Participant

Are there plans to prevent miqo from walking off platforms while using posisitionals and assist mode? For example Sophia, and the 24 man raid that starts with the boss that knocks you into ice crystals or you fall off.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

No, at the moment there are no plans for automatic detection of obstacles and environmental traps.
    This would require creating navigation meshes for every Trial and Raid in the game, as well as special identification algorithms for raid mechanics. This is an enormous undertaking which is impossible to complete within a reasonable time period.

If there is a danger of walking off the arena during an encounter, then please disable Blind Positionals in Assist Mode.

jponry
    jponry
    Participant

(Disclaimer: This is hypothetical. I am not asking the dev team to implement this feature.)

With regards to pathfinding and generating navigation meshes, have you heard of the open-source library “Recast & Detour“? Would that help?
    Just saying this in case it’s helpful in some way, if it’s not then please ignore. 🙂

(Disclaimer: This is hypothetical. I am not asking the dev team to implement this feature.)

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Thank you for the suggestion.
    We will redirect this information to our development team.

Ray
    Participant

Does Miqo default to always use Nocturnal Sect, or does it take the current instance into account?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Miqobot always tries to select a Sect that would complement the second healer:

• If the second healer is Scholar, Diurnal Sect is selected.
    • If the second healer is White Mage, Nocturnal Sect is selected.
    • If the second healer is Astrologian in Diurnal, Nocturnal Sect is selected.
    • If the second healer is Astrologian in Nocturnal, Diurnal Sect is selected.
    • If there are no other healers, Nocturnal Sect is selected by default.
    • If Nocturnal Sect is not available due to instance level, Diurnal Sect is selected.
    • If Nocturnal Sect is not available on the hotbar, Diurnal Sect is selected.

Alternatively, you can simply pause Miqobot when entering an instance and select the preferred Sect manually.

cglatot
    Participant

Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere, I tried searching but couldn’t find an answer.

I’m aware that Miqobot will be unusable for several weeks after the patch because most of the modules will be broken. However, there are other mods / plugins, etc that are usually working within a few days of a new expansion.
    Obviously, an entire bot – especially one as feature rich as Miqo – takes longer to correct after a new patch; however, I would imagine that some features like using the gathering grids and gathering should be fairly quick to fix after a patch? Even if it’s only the pre-expansion areas and nodes, etc.

So my question is this: Is the several weeks of downtime a decision made based on User Experience, and wanting ALL the features to be fixed before a release? Or is it really because the CORE functionality is entirely broken and takes those several weeks to fix?

If the former, then what are your thoughts about having a beta channel release? This could be the feature-by-feature fixes that are made during that progress. Also a potentially good avenue for people to help test and bug-find before the general release. I’m sure there are plenty of people that would be willing to feed back into that, myself included.
    If you’re concerned about reputation and peoples’ expectations, you could have it behind a form for the user to agree that they know it is an unstable release and features are broken, and it will be completely unsupported, etc.

Apologies if this is sounding accusatory or complain-y, that’s not my intention at all, I’m just curious from a technical standpoint and trying to understand the process.

Thanks in advance!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere, I tried searching but couldn’t find an answer.

Yes, this question has been answered a few times, but we can repeat the answer once more.

I’m aware that Miqobot will be unusable for several weeks after the patch because most of the modules will be broken. However, there are other mods / plugins, etc that are usually working within a few days of a new expansion.

We have no affiliation with other mods or plugin projects, therefore we don’t know the specifics of their development process.

So my question is this: Is the several weeks of downtime a decision made based on User Experience, and wanting ALL the features to be fixed before a release? Or is it really because the CORE functionality is entirely broken and takes those several weeks to fix?

No, this is not a simple management decision.
    Miqobot is not functional because the core application modules become broken and incompatible with the new game client, therefore we will have to reimplement them from scratch.

It will take several weeks only to fix the core modules. Upgrading features for Endwalker content will begin only after the downtime period.
    You can find additional information in this thread:
    Endwalker Miqo Roadmap

It is technically impossible to make any feature functional in any form when the core modules are broken. Not in the form of beta channel, not in any other way.
    This is not new. It has always been this way with every previous expansion.
    Endwalker is not an exception.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,126 through 1,140 (of 1,143 total)

The topic ‘Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback’ is closed to new replies.