Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback

Forum Forums Discussion Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback

This topic contains 1,142 replies, has 259 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 1,143 total)
  • Author

Dragonshy142
    Participant

Hi, not sure if it’s been raised before, but for NIN, I noticed that combat assist often seems to lose track of the Ninjutsu it’s trying to cast, if circumstances somehow change.

An example of this would seem to be like when the amount of enemies around the selected target drops, while it’s trying to cast Katon. The assist pushes out Chi while targets are available, then just seems to stop dead in it’s tracks when the number of targets drop, as if I’d just hit the pause button. I’m guessing it’s probably because then it switches to trying to cast Raiton, but the Mudra needed are now different, so the assist gets confused. It then resumes when either I manually complete the cast, or the Mudra duration runs out.

Another issue I’ve noticed would be if I manually pause the assist while it’s in the middle of casting something like Huton. It pulls off the first one or two Mudra, I manually pause it, and even though the Mudra duration might have run out before I unpaused it, the assist still tries to complete the cast, which leads to a different Ninjutsu.

Would be nice if the assist could be tweaked to complete or abandon Ninjutsu casts a little more logically.

Thanks for the team’s hard work so far!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  Dragonshy142.

Dragonshy142
    Participant

On the other hand, I might be wrong, and that the assist does indeed complete the Katon cast, but don’t use it due to lack of sufficient targets. It still puts the combat on pause, though.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting.
    Yes, we are aware of these issues. However, the root of the problem lies not in the logic, but in keybind timings. The logic algorithm has a special entry that forces a prepared ninjutsu to be executed even if the conditions change.
    Would you please clarify, what keybinds have you assigned to mudra icons?

Dragonshy142
    Participant

My keybinds are Shift+Q/E/R/T, which are Ninjutsu/Ten/Chi/Jin respectively.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, these keybinds may indeed cause issues with the algorithm losing track of ninjutsu.

The technical explanation behind the problem is rather complex, but here is the short version.
    In order to make sure that mudras are executed properly, Miqobot verifies each keybind by looking at the mudra icon and identifying the cooldown animation. Composite keybinds, such as Ctrl/Alt/Shift, can not be sent in one go, because modifier keys must be registered by the game first. It means that composite keybinds require a special algorithm which takes 0.25-0.5 seconds to send them. But the mudra cooldown is 0.5 seconds only. And by the time Miqobot begins analyzing the mudra icon, the cooldown animation may have already completed which results in a broken ninjutsu tracker.

There is not much we can do about this issue on our side, so the only solution would be to avoid composite keybinds for mudras.
    Please try to assign simple shortcuts without Shift modifier for Ten/Chi/Jin icons and let us know if it helps.

Another issue I’ve noticed would be if I manually pause the assist while it’s in the middle of casting something like Huton. It pulls off the first one or two Mudra, I manually pause it, and even though the Mudra duration might have run out before I unpaused it, the assist still tries to complete the cast, which leads to a different Ninjutsu.

This issue also has a solution in place.
    The ninjutsu tracking algorithm analyzes timestamps of each mudra cast and automatically discards the ones that are beyond a certain threshold. At the moment the timeout value is set to 10 seconds. So if you pause Assist Mode for 10+ seconds, the Huton cast will be reset. But perhaps we can reduce this value without affecting the rest of the rotation.
    We will see what we can do.

Thank you for your feedback very much.

7D6xEYNGJl
    7D6xEYNGJl
    Participant

Another suggestion that I enjoy using on a different bot:
    – A small box implemented into Miqobot interface so you can send messages to the game without having to pause a scenario

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, this feature is also requested and planned for implementation.
    It is classified as QoL improvement. We will be working on Quality-of-Life updates after Crafting and Gathering updates:

Upcoming Features

Thank you for your suggestion very much.

MTCruvinel
    MTCruvinel
    Participant

Does Miqobot need a macro to use GNB’s Aurora properly in Combat Assist? It’s not using it at all.

Could anyone help me with a list of the abilities that need to be macroed so Miqobot can use it (I know about the ground AoEs already)

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Does Miqobot need a macro to use GNB’s Aurora properly in Combat Assist? It’s not using it at all.

Aurora does not require a macro.
    Miqobot treats Aurora as a defensive ability. It is triggered under the following conditions:

• Rampart, Camouflage, and Nebula are not active and on cooldown.
    • Health is below 70%.
    • At least 1 enemy is attacking you directly.
    • Heals and Buffs are enabled in Assist Mode settings.

Could anyone help me with a list of the abilities that need to be macroed so Miqobot can use it (I know about the ground AoEs already)

Only ground targeting abilities require placement macros.

Dragonshy142
    Participant

Yes, these keybinds may indeed cause issues with the algorithm losing track of ninjutsu.

The technical explanation behind the problem is rather complex, but here is the short version.
    In order to make sure that mudras are executed properly, Miqobot verifies each keybind by looking at the mudra icon and identifying the cooldown animation. Composite keybinds, such as Ctrl/Alt/Shift, can not be sent in one go, because modifier keys must be registered by the game first. It means that composite keybinds require a special algorithm which takes 0.25-0.5 seconds to send them. But the mudra cooldown is 0.5 seconds only. And by the time Miqobot begins analyzing the mudra icon, the cooldown animation may have already completed which results in a broken ninjutsu tracker.

There is not much we can do about this issue on our side, so the only solution would be to avoid composite keybinds for mudras.
    Please try to assign simple shortcuts without Shift modifier for Ten/Chi/Jin icons and let us know if it helps.

Hi, switching the keybinds for the Mudra around does indeed seem to work, although it is admittedly rather difficult to test for the specific instances when the assist might stop working.

Thanks again!

Dragonshy142
    Participant

Hi, I also noticed that SAM seems to have a similar problem, in that sometimes the assist just seems to stop for maybe 4 or 5 seconds. I haven’t been able to catch the exact reason why, but I did notice that it sometimes seems to do so when I have 2 Sen, and have previously engaged multiple enemies.

As with NIN, testing something like this is quite difficult, so I don’t know the actual problem, and the 2 Sen thing might have just been a coincidence. Assist definitely does just stop in its tracks, though, if rarely.

Flubber
    Participant

Can we have the option to resize the Miqo applciation please? It’s not urgent or anything, but the window can be rather small and annoying when trying to build scenarios and type it all out.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Hi, I also noticed that SAM seems to have a similar problem, in that sometimes the assist just seems to stop for maybe 4 or 5 seconds. I haven’t been able to catch the exact reason why, but I did notice that it sometimes seems to do so when I have 2 Sen, and have previously engaged multiple enemies.

Yes, we are aware of this issue.
    It happens when Miqobot pops Kaiten in order to execute Tenka Goken, but the number of engaged enemies changes before iaijutsu is triggered. The next version will contain a special rule to handle this case.
    Thank you for your feedback very much.

Can we have the option to resize the Miqo applciation please? It’s not urgent or anything, but the window can be rather small and annoying when trying to build scenarios and type it all out.

Yes, additional UI options are also planned.
    We will try to implement them along with the rest of QoL improvements. Thank you for your request.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

It may not be ideal, but I personally type my scenarios out in Notepad++. With some settings, it can correct typos in the command names or names of things like fish. Bit of work to set up though, but can help avoid mistakes.

Dragonshy142
    Participant

Hi, I was rebinding my keys, and I ran into these issues with the combat assist:
    “Uhoh. I don’t know where is key ‘0xA3’ for action ‘Hotbar 1, Slot 12′”
    “Uhoh. I don’t know where is key ‘0xA4’ for action ‘Hotbar 1, Slot 11′”

Those are my Mouse 4 and Mouse 5 buttons respectively.

Previously, I had them on Hotbar 3, Slot 12 and Hotbar 3, Slot 11 respectively, and the assist didn’t seem to have any problems with them. Is there a fix for this, or is it an issue that’s baked into the way Miqo processes and issues keyboard commands?

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 1,143 total)

The topic ‘Shadowbringers 5.58 – Issues & Feedback’ is closed to new replies.