[Request] Leveling/Farming with Squadron Dungeons

Forum Forums Discussion [Request] Leveling/Farming with Squadron Dungeons

This topic contains 61 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by gafgarion gafgarion 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Arc
    Arc

I did said “one of the best”, not the best.

To my eyes it is one of the best, because it works towards 3 very long achievements, that can only be done in a minimum of 188 days, half a year, so you better do 2 birds one stone and get started as soon as you can if that’s also your goal.
    Those achievements were so annoying, I started them in 1.0, 7 years ago, and only completed them when Lyfox released his Scenario Generator, because suddenly they were not a pain in the ass any more.

Well, yeah. If you’re aiming for those achievements it’s certainly better to kill 2 birds with one stone. Also the GC it nets are great too. Just wanted to mention this method I stated earlier, since it’s the way to go to cap your GC seals in no time without a daily limit.

Montie
    Participant
    1+

Hi,

I tired it out and i must say it is well done. I am having trouble with my main attack macro but other wise it works well.

ExarchCoercer
    Participant
    1+

Hi,

I tired it out and i must say it is well done. I am having trouble with my main attack macro but other wise it works well.

Thanks Montie! The combat macros are a little bit rough due to the level sync but in the end if you can fill in that 10 seconds of skills it should be enough dps for the bosses. I find that most of the time if you just stay alive the squad will kill most of the stuff on their own with a little help.

Montie
    Participant
    1+

Hi Exarchcoercer,

I have been running this all day Friday and it is working fantastic. When from 42 to 55 on my pally pretty fast and hands free. The one thing i found was you needed a second confirm in chapter 1. And i am trying to figure out how to make it use the short cut on a k/o. other than that i can say it needs much more.

Great job!!

gafgarion
    gafgarion
    Participant

i notice the scenario script uses the ‘h’ key.

holdKey(h,0.25) //2 present in multiple chapters

i believe i have the default key binds, h brings up the hunting log and i wonder if this is what is meant to happen or if h should be bound to something else?

also i spent 30 mins trying to find the keybind for both engage and squadron limit break to no avail? how do you keybind these actions?

i have had no luck with this thus far as the first boss continually kills me.

can anyone give me some advice? thanks

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by gafgarion gafgarion.
    gafgarion
    gafgarion
    Participant

if its helpful, I also get Hey, stop touching me! I'm gonna scream! messages a lot.

gafgarion
    gafgarion
    Participant

UPDATE: hi, i figured out how to bind the squad actions. by pulling them from actions and traits screen to hot bar and then assigning that hotbar a key. 😀 Now im not mindlessly running into enemies and its using engage.

I still have the problem of what the *h* key should be bound to because i dont think it was intended to pull up the hunting log repeatedly.

im still getting decimated by the 1st boss due to his double swinges

any help with those two issues would be greatly appreciated

ExarchCoercer
    Participant
    2+

Sorry I wasn’t able to edit my original post but I posted this before

Oh crap sorry forgot to mention I have H bound to cycle next target on the aggro list. It works better than using tab.

Essentially just rebind your cycle next target on the aggro list to h and it should continue to target even though you might not be able to see them

gafgarion
    gafgarion
    Participant

Thank you! I appreciate the assist and especially the time you spent in creating and sharing this!

gafgarion
    gafgarion
    Participant

HI! i hate to be so needy, but i have a few questions. i have a feeling my set up just isn’t right since others have chimed in with success stories.

should my character move around at all during engagements? i ask this cuz i tend to die repeatedly due to just standing in aoe spots. maybe the standing around thing only effects ranged characters? i am consistently felled by the 1st bosses double swinge and once in a blue moon if i do get past that boss, i get felled again by just standing in the last bosses ice AOE spots.

another question. Should the ORDERS UI be up? i ask this because the hand pointer cursor seems to be hanging around the engage button on the squadron ‘orders’ ui even after the the enemies are engaged; im not sure if that cursor is meant to be doing something else like targeting something?.

Also, my character also tends to target the tank (when num0 is invoked) and then tries to execute the macro on the tank well after all the enemies are dead.

finally, despite being bound to ctrl+= i’ve never seen squadron limit break invoked.

some weird stuff: ive seen my character run through packs of enemies, attack a boss, and get swarmed inside the boss room while i solo the boss :’D

Some info: i’m using MCH, running it on legacy type movement, on full screen windowed mode.
    keybinds:
    F to 10 sec macro;
    H to “Cycle through Enemies (nearest to Farthest);
    ctrl+= to where i have squad limit break on the hotbar;
    ctrl+alt+; bound to where i have squad engage on the hotbar

all other binds (such as num0) bound to default settings

thanks for your time

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by gafgarion gafgarion. Reason: for completion
    gafgarion
    gafgarion
    Participant
    1+

sorry for the message spam, just chiming back with more info.

i just tried it on a melee dps. most fights before the boss there were instances where character wouldn’t do anything because it was not in range of the enemy to execute any actions. furthermore, upon reaching the first boss, my char wouldn’t use ‘engage’ i likely over looked this since the previous character was ranged and would attack from afar with no issues.

but as a result of failing to hit engage, the character would just stand in front of the 1st boss, execute the macro which wouldn’t do anything because it was out of range to initiate any moves. and after about 5 mins would think the battle was over, and try to exit the boss room (which at the point the battle only just began because character finally got in range of boss to be aggro’d by it. at this point the miqobot killswitch was engaged since it could not move past the recently engaged boss’s room.

at this point it seems only effective for me to use this with a ranged character and only to reach the boss rooms where i would need to manually intervene to fight the bosses since its incapable of surviving boss fights. for melee characters might be good to have your squad get you to the boss for you to take it on yourself.

OR.. perhaps my set up is much different than yours. but as far as i can tell i have set the keybinds correctly.

thanks again!

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    1+

i think this is a beta Version. And the Miqoteam will ad the fight abilitys in the next upgrade wich will make Things a lot easier. Hope the update Comes soon, cause i think without fighting this excellent bot is only half ready

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Maybe it’s taking them more time on this because the patch 4.2 added some new dungeons for Squadrons.

But yeah, I’m really impatient to see that feature, but also I’m super curious to see the next stage of combat with the DPS Solver, since Miqobot Team made such an incredible solver for crafting, I’m wondering if it is possible to build a DPS solver capable of double weaving and reacting to procs immediately, well, capable of achieving nearly the best DPS, and stuff like if we’ll be able to switch from single target to multi-target, if we could make preset where we put the name of mobs with low HP where we don’t want to see DoT applied, etc.

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

I doubt it’s going to be something quite as advanced as a DPS solver, as you can’t just stop for a minute or two in battle, waiting for the calculations to complete. As for me, I’d be content even without proper combat support, as long as the list of available commands for scenario keeps steadily expanding.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

It doesn’t need to solve as many things as the crafting solver, so it should work in real time, at the speed of in-game FPS, following a preset of rules and priorities.

I’m just curious to see by how much it can compete with a human, for example, in an ideal scenario, just a single target, would Miqobot be able to outparse a human, etc.

Because, what the Miqobot team created so far, is such a deep research through thousands of crafting iterations to figure out many hidden things and come up with the best possible solution, to the point some regular crafters dug this forum and used Miqobot team researches and results to spread that knowledge on Reddit.

So I’m very curious to see if Miqobot team through their researches could find better DPS “rotations” than the notorious ones.
    Also, it should be easier for them to test that than crafts, no need for trucks of shards and mats, long hours dummy strike sessions and ACT should help I think.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.