[Request] Leveling/Farming with Squadron Dungeons

Forum Forums Discussion [Request] Leveling/Farming with Squadron Dungeons

This topic contains 61 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by gafgarion gafgarion 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    2+

I don’t know if SE is going to patch this, but right now every time you press the Engage button of your Squadrons, it somehow reset their CD and force them to do their powerful openers, spamming Engage makes them burn everything within seconds, allowing speed runs with Squadrons.

Unlike PoTD, those dungeons layout never change, probably making it way easier to bot.

I don’t know if we would have to wait for the Combat Engine in Miqobot, but right now, not matter which job you chose for yourself, the only thing you have to do is to sprint, follow a path, target ennemies and spam Engage.

Even if PoTD is more efficient time wise beyond level 50, who cares, the bot does all the work.

It’s super safe cause you go there solo with no one watching, the GC seals cost is nothing when you do stuff like daily deliveries with the Crafting Scenario Generator (the Bot could also stop to open chest and turn-in the loot for seals).

And on top of the EXP, with Squadrons Wanderer Palace, it farms your Anima light!

I would love to do all the DoW leveling 60 to 70 with this, and farming all Anima weapons with this, before SE eventually patches it.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

First of all, let us mention (and we will do it only once) that this behaviour of Engage is almost unanimously declared an exploit by Reddit community. However, there has been no official comment from Square Enix yet, and until then we can neither discourage nor encourage its usage.
    Please do so at your own risk.

Now that it’s out of the way, let us talk about good news.

Of course, we were expecting this request and have already unlocked Squadron dungeons in Miqobot. You can create navigation grids and use all available functions from Scenario Engine inside these dungeons.
    Furthermore, you can utilize sendKey() function to target enemies, trigger Engage action from your hotbar, and interact with dungeon NPCs and objects. Our developers confirm that it is possible to create a working scenario prototype with the current version of Miqobot, by carefully planning waypoints and commands throughout the dungeon.

The only thing you would probably require our help with is stability. We will have to implement a few additional functions which will prioritize enemy order, handle KO events, and certain other mechanics.

Unfortunately, the exploit has already gone public and extremely viral on Reddit.
    Because of this we expect an incoming fix in Patch 4.11 this Tuesday (Oct. 24). There is very little value in doing something that becomes obsolete in two days.

So yes, we accept your feature request.
    But doing it before the patch is simply impossible. If this behaviour stays intact after the patch and Square Enix confirms that it works as intended, we promise to implement the necessary stability functions in the next version.

Until then, here are a few tips that will help you create a scenario prototype:

• Split your dungeon run into several chapters.
      A single chapter should reference to a single monster fight, boss fight, treasure chest or NPC interaction.
    • Each chapter should start with navigating to a certain waypoint. Use goToWaypoint() function.
      This way you can easily reset and continue from the point of accidental KO.
    • To target enemies, use holdKey() instead of sendKey().
      This is because of how the game handles target actions. Use delay of 0.25 seconds for holdKey().
    • To target enemies, use “Cycle through Enemies” keybind.
    • Make sure to position your camera properly so that all enemies are on your screen.
      Alternatively, you can try “Cycle through Enmity List” keybind to target monsters which may be accidentally obstructed from view.
    • Put Engage action on hotbar and use sendKey() to activate it.
      Send it about 10-30 times for each enemy. You should find the best matching value for your Squadron DPS.
    • Use repeatChapter() for as many enemies as there are in the pull.
    • To interact with NPC, use “Confirm” keybind.
      You might have to do it several times depending on NPC.
    • When confronting bosses, keep in mind that some mechanics may prioritize you as main target.
      Because of this, you should reposition yourself after pulling to bait AOEs away from your Squadron (for example, poison puddles in Brayflox’s Longstop).
    • Some bosses become invulnerable and will require switching targets.
      Since it usually happens at specific HP percentage, you can find the correct time intervals depending on your Squadron DPS.

Of course, if this request remains viable in the near future, all of above will be implemented by Miqobot Team and combined into a single feature so you won’t have to do it manually.

We apologize for temporary inconvenience.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Thank you very much for this detailed answer.

Somehow I think it’s not going to be easy/quick for SE to patch it, they might have used an easy way to implement their A.I. and this could force them to redo lots of it maybe, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t patch it Tuesday, if ever.

Thanks a lot for all the tips regarding making scenarios for it, it’s true that for Dungeons like Wanderer’s Palace, we need ways to find and pick up “keys”, etc.
    But even if it get patched, it looks like Miqobot could handle it nonetheless. Delegating to Miqobot all these leveling and all Anima “Lights” farming looks really appealing.

Zatsh
    Participant
    1+

Even though i really hope they don’t “fix” this, sadly i don’t think the same way 🙁
    SE has put tons of efforts into recruiting starting after 2.0 and the growing population because of ARR’s success. From my knowledge they’ve never let such an exploit avalaible for a long time, read this and realize how easy it became to level up to at least 60 :

Squadron Dungeons, up to 150% faster leveling than PoTD!

I honestly don’t think SE is gonna let this up for a long time, and i’m almost tempted to think that this is the reason of tuesday’s update :S

All i hope is that i’m just too much pessimistic and SE has much more important to care about…

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

The Tuesday update is for the only thing that really matters in FFXIV, what most of us waited since months, the return of a difficulty above Savage, once every 6 month, every odd patches, right in the middle of a Savage tier.

It starts this Tuesday with Bahamut Ultimate.

This Squadron Exploit isn’t such a big deal for regular players.
    It doesn’t ruin the experience of other players. It doesn’t give you a significant or relevant advantage over other players.
    It cost tons of GC seals, something that for regular players translates into already a grind to get them.
    It only cuts the duration of a squadron dungeon by a couple of minutes, it’s still a grind, still as boring as other ones that give a bit less of EXP/hour.

The big difference is that you don’t need to play your role there.
    I’m not sure SE would put that on such a priority list, maybe I’m wrong, but it doesn’t break the game, it doesn’t ruin the economy, it doesn’t make people run from the game, etc.

The biggest difference, is that for Miqobot users it could allow EXP farming before other methods that will come with the Combat Engine.
    And even if it gets patched, it will still be botable with Miqobot down the line, and even if it lost its current time efficiency, it doesn’t really matter when you leave all the grind to the bot, especially for those kind of pure solo farm, where even the room from where you start is a private instance.

Zatsh
    Participant

Oh my bad, it’s true there was super savage planned for this tuesday >.<

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    1+

it sounds perfect for bots, a dream Comes true

Zatsh
    Participant
    1+

Well, it doesn’t appear to have been fixed 🙂

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Miqobot Team starts working on Squadron Dungeons feature.
    Aiming for Stormblood Upgrade Stage 3.

Zatsh
    Participant
    1+

Miqobot Team starts working on Squadron Dungeons feature.
    Aiming for Stormblood Upgrade Stage 3.

That is one hell of a good news 😀

elincreampie
    Participant
    1+

Was getting bored of running squad dungeons and came here looking for this! Gonna subscribe as soon as it’s implemented… if they don’t patch it :/

ExarchCoercer
    Participant

So after doing this it would be really really cool if we could get a repeat previous command function in the scenario. Making a new chapter for every add can get tedious very quickly. Pretty cool though lots of potential.

And even better a call chapter function would be sweet. There is a lot of code duplication and it makes my developer brain hurt a little having to re-write the same series of commands over and over 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  ExarchCoercer.

he_le
    Participant

A way for users to define custom functions with parameters would be very helpful too in avoiding large amounts of copy/paste code

ExarchCoercer
    Participant

This was patched btw:
    An issue wherein issuing the Engage order would reset squadron members’ cooldown timers.

But its still a good source of XP

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Now we can officially announce upcoming support for Squadron Dungeons!

As the Engage behaviour has been patched, we can implement a completely legitimate feature which:

• Does not rely on exploits and therefore does not put your account at risk.
    • Is socially safe due to being performed in solo instances.
    • Is not a product of temporary bug and thus will be available for a long time after implementation.

In addition, we expect this to become a special test area for creating and fine-tuning AI behaviours for each role and job.
    We’ll be making additional announcements in the coming weeks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.