[Request] Leveling/Farming with Squadron Dungeons

Forum Forums Discussion [Request] Leveling/Farming with Squadron Dungeons

This topic contains 61 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by gafgarion gafgarion 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author

ExarchCoercer
    Participant
    1+

should my character move around at all during engagements? i ask this cuz i tend to die repeatedly due to just standing in aoe spots. maybe the standing around thing only effects ranged characters? i am consistently felled by the 1st bosses double swinge and once in a blue moon if i do get past that boss, i get felled again by just standing in the last bosses ice AOE spots.

No unfortuantley I have no way of using miqo to avoid AOEs. I’ve tried timing them based on when I know the mobs will cast the AOEs but that is highly dependent based on the DPS of your party. The best thing I would recommend is using a META squadren party of archer / summoner (Because they heal) and leveling them up mainly so you can max out those offensive traits. Generally you should be able to kill the bosses before they destroy you with AOEs

another question. Should the ORDERS UI be up? i ask this because the hand pointer cursor seems to be hanging around the engage button on the squadron ‘orders’ ui even after the the enemies are engaged; im not sure if that cursor is meant to be doing something else like targeting something?.

The reason I hit Num. so many times is to constantly try and get the cursor away from the menu. I do this before all interactions like chests and doors. Other than that I found no way to disable it.

Also, my character also tends to target the tank (when num0 is invoked) and then tries to execute the macro on the tank well after all the enemies are dead.

This is normal it will target the tank if it can’t find any other target. But during the next chapter as long as there are enemies it should target them.

finally, despite being bound to ctrl+= i’ve never seen squadron limit break invoked.

There should only be one limit break and its done on the final boss. If you want you can add more keybinds for the limit break to make sure it goes off. As of right now I have 2 in there but its based on timing and dps of your party.

some weird stuff: ive seen my character run through packs of enemies, attack a boss, and get swarmed inside the boss room while i solo the boss :’D

I’ve seen this a few times but this is most likely caused by too many KO events. You could try removing some around the boss sections and it will force Miqo to re-trace her steps and fight any enemies before the boss if they exist. I’ve added so many KO events to try and increase the speed of completion.

i just tried it on a melee dps. most fights before the boss there were instances where character wouldn’t do anything because it was not in range of the enemy to execute any actions. furthermore, upon reaching the first boss, my char wouldn’t use ‘engage’ i likely over looked this since the previous character was ranged and would attack from afar with no issues.

Melee isn’t supported right now as I have no way to reliably close the gap on enemies. You might be able to get something to work if you macro gap closers but even then if they move you are just sitting there.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  ExarchCoercer.
    gafgarion
    gafgarion
    Participant

hi there! thanks for the update, i was able to get this more or less effective aside from dying from boss aoe. it appears as though my problem was with the macro i had created! i simplified it and it seems to be working as intended. thank you again for the work youve done and the help youve given!

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.