PVP assister request

Forum Forums Discussion PVP assister request

Tagged: 

This topic contains 37 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  TrustNull1 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Vanberk
    Vanberk
    Participant
    2+

Any plans for pvp assister? 1-2 classes on start with basic rotation
    anyone more need it?

Xion
    Participant
    4+

Belive it been said in the past there won’t be any support due to high risk of detection.

Andylynyn
    Participant
    4+

Nah, I don’t want to mess with the core PvP people in this game personally, they know enough about the game that if you encounter one, they’ll probably catch on pretty quick you were using a bot to help with combat and report you.

Not worth the hassle imo.

friskiestnut
    Participant
    2+

i want pvp combat assist.

Temetito
    Participant
    2+

I would use it if it was implemented.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    3+

In addition, if we announce Assist Mode for PvP, it might draw too much unwanted attention and endanger the existence of Miqobot project itself.

I agree with this and id prefer for Miqo to stay away from pvp. Its not worth the risk of losing everything good that we have here.

thatfox
    thatfox
    Participant
    1+

In my opinion, this is something I don’t want implemented.

Assist Mode for dungeons are fine since everything is PvE.
    But for PvP, as a player, I actually want to win.

Various things can go wrong as well.
    For example, a red mage can dash in randomly at an enemy when a team fight hasn’t started yet.
    Because the setting for “Dashes” was checked, that person just pretty much gave a free kill to an opposing team.

Diplomacu
    Participant
    1+

I think a better way to go about this is just the bare-basics rotation not something super strong where you can 1v1 anyone blah blah blah, for example if you were playing a summoner you’d just chuck dots up on your target and spread it, it just has to be simple, not extravagant

tomarnk
    Participant
    5+

I’m in the “keep this bot low profile” mindset. Anything that raises people’s awareness of this bot or increases the amount of people getting reported is not a feature to pursue in my opinion.

Also given that this would require new assist mode functions for each job I think that the dev time can be spent on QoL, scenario, and other roadmap features.

Is my assumption that this would consume numerous standard development cycles an accurate assumption?

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant
    2+

The risk is way too high for not even close to nearly enough reward. I’m solidly against PvP combat assist too.

dana
    Participant
    3+

Nope, totally 100% against this, I don’t want even the bare minimum assist in PvP. Keep it nice and low.

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    5+

I don’t think PVP Assist should be implemented, and for me the reason is that while it’s been pointed out that Miqo is not and will not be better at combat than an optimal player, the truth is she’s still better than 90% of the playerbase. No human player is going to be able to compete with Miqo’s response time and real time calculations (unless your CPU is a potato.) On top of this, there’s no official ranking system and/or limited reward system for any of the PVE content (Savage, EX, Ultimates, etc) but each season of The Feast rewards players based on their ranking. So PVP Assist would directly affect that, which is wholly different from getting your glowy weapon/Savage mount. Not only would it draw unnecessary attention to Miqo, but it really does spoil the competitive aspect of PVP’s rankings.

Temetito
    Participant
    2+

I personally think most of you are overestimating how much combat assist will help in PvP. Shows most of you never PvP. LITERALLY no one will know you are using it (especially DPS and Tank jobs). 90% of PvP is positioning and attacking the correct target in a given situation, neither of which would be controlled by Miqobot. But I wont get my hopes up given that people that don’t play a game mode is giving feedback on said mode it will never be implemented… /sad.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Temetito.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    4+

Well pve rotations took several years to implement properly and Miqo team said that pvp will take about the same. If you say it will be efficient only by 10% then maybe spending another several years on pvp is not a wise decision?

Temetito
    Participant

Well pve rotations took several years to implement properly and Miqo team said that pvp will take about the same. If you say it will be efficient only by 10% then maybe spending another several years on pvp is not a wise decision?

I agree that it should not be a priority since PvP is not very popular, but not that it should be off the tables completely.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.