PVP assister request

Forum Forums Discussion PVP assister request

Tagged: 

This topic contains 37 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  TrustNull1 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Andylynyn
    Participant
    5+

Personally, I’d choose no.

If there is one crowd that takes their game seriously, it’s usually the PvP crowd. And if Miqo gets enough coverage and hate by them, they could literally target the project itself and eradicate it off the face of the earth with enough complaints.

So let’s just, not do that.

7D6xEYNGJl
    7D6xEYNGJl
    Participant

I strongly support PVP implementation, even if it’s at cost of an increased premium or a separate bot cost entirely. There are already other bot platforms that allow PVP assistance. Miqo implementing this would allow me to stick with the bot platform that I prefer instead of having to utilize multiple different developers. The people that want to bot PVP will do it regardless if miqo offers it or if they have to use a competitor. It’s for this reason I don’t believe pvp support would draw attention directly towards miqo. The reason I support miqo over the competitor is the scenario engine is far superior to all others that I’ve utilized. It would be nice to be able to continue the “1 shop stop” mentality that miqo has excelled in other areas.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by 7D6xEYNGJl 7D6xEYNGJl.

Kim_Lee
    Participant
    1+

I strongly support PVP implementation, even if it’s at cost of an increased premium or a separate bot cost entirely.

When you say separate bot cost do you mean a separate program just for pvp? How is that different from using another developer?

Arc
    Arc
    8+

The people that want to bot PVP will do it regardless if miqo offers it or if they have to use a competitor.

That’s not the issue, and as it has been said several times already, Miqobot and the majority of the community don’t want PVP support implemented into Miqobot, because it draws too much unwanted attention to the bot, which could very likely lead to Square Enix actively going against Miqobot.
    And we don’t want that kind of attention. If players are botting PVP either way, and then go to the competitor for PVP Botting, let them go to the competitor, and let the competitor get sued by Square Enix.
    That’s my opinion on the matter.

flyg
    flyg
    Participant

I want pvp. 1-2 classes on start with basic rotation would at least be something to get started with.

For risk of detection… start with heals? everyone loves good healers 😀 in other games less likely to be reported at least.

Replying here voicing opinion because it was specifically requested here – https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/pvp-combat-assist/

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by flyg flyg.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by flyg flyg.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    3+

Even if the fact that this is a terrible idea somehow doesn’t sway people, the arguments in favour that I’ve seen are basically either “but I want it” (you can already do it with other means) and “but you’ll lose business to another bot that implements it” (then stop complaining and go use that other bot if it’s so much better /s) and frankly, this is up there with botting OWC and the MSQ on the list of terrible ideas. Nothing against the OP for opening the discussion, I have no issues with “is this possible” or even “what do you all think about this?”, but the replies have covered time and again why this is a bad idea.

This is so on point. I cant even add anything here. Perfect insight.

tomarnk
    Participant
    3+

In the off chance this is a voting thread I’m throwing my lot in with the more conservative crowd.

Miqo is very low detection and I very much want it to stay that way. I’m part of the Lyfox crowd on this and will consistently cast any vote I have to keeping this bot inconspicuous and off the radar. To me the fact it simulates keystrokes as opposed to hooking into the game (along with the fact that it’s a one stop shops for most features and unparalleled at some crafting and gathering ) is basically the core reason I’m here.

I understand wanting a feature but I absolutely do not feel it beneficial long term to this project.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

It’s not an official voting thread, although Miqobot does consider all opinions voiced in both the forums and in Support E-Mails.

Also, just as a little reminder, about the general issue:
    Miqobot has always been intended as a bot for automating tedious grind that doesn’t hurt anybody (crafting, gathering, currency farming, etc.) – NOT as a cheat engine that gives you a performance advantage in direct confrontation content (PvP & competitive savage raiding). It is intended as a friendly tool to alleviate tedious content anyone can easily do, but is simply exhausting to do over the course of several hours.
    That is also the reason why the combat system is not going to be (or at least it is not planned) optimized to a point, where it executes borderline perfect rotations that can compete with 99 percentile parsers, and no plans for savage automation are made so far (at least based on my point of information so far).
    Combat is optimized to run well. Pretty well. But not on a competitive peak level, and this is not the intention either.

flyg
    flyg
    Participant

I don’t think you are being very fair. If its not an official voting thread but then Miqobot specifically said “If you wish to voice your opinion about PvP support, please reply to this thread:” and then pointed to this thread what is it then??

Your opinion carries weight as a moderator, we know your opinion now since you’ve posted it many times already.

You also keep telling us its not the purpose of the bot, it was never planned, its not designed to hurt anybody – that all might be true but you are unfairly skewing the results and the outcome of this thread. All we are doing is exactly what Miqobot asked us to do!

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

In the off chance this is a voting thread […]

It’s not an official voting thread […]

This thread isn’t for voting, it’s for discussion and opinions. Miqobot will take them into account, but there’s not going to be an official tally. There was a voting thread earlier this year about which of a handful of options the community most wanted to be implemented next, and it was given a deadline and a concrete tally. That’s the difference. This is a user-opened thread to talk about the idea and gauge interest, and a lot of people have posted their opinion multiple times, not just Arc.

flyg
    flyg
    Participant

As a new user I’m unaware of this previous vote. The only thing I have to go on is Miqobot saying there had only been one thread requesting PVP support in the past year and this was being cited as lack of pvp community desire. Posting here in support of pvp must surely help do the opposite.

You might also find that the community makeup may have changed with us refugees from another game..

Arc
    Arc
    2+

Yeah, as Vixen said, and as I said it’s not a voting thread, because a voting thread would imply “if this gets more votes it will be implemented”.
    You are free to voice your opinion, and it will be added to the pool of opinions that are considered here on the forums, and the tech support. What I am saying is just, that the Miqobot Devs are concerned about the general idea of PvP, and that as it is now, the massive majority of people that have voiced their opinion yet aren’t only not interested, but actively reject the idea of a PvP function.

And the reasoning behind this is, because as I explained before, Miqobot is intended as a friendly tool to alleviate tedious grind. It is neither intended as a tool for commercial RMT sellers to make tons of gil to sell for realm money (they are free to use Miqobot for that, but they can’t expect to get features catered towards them), and it is not intended as a tool for giving people a gameplay performance advantage like a form of cheat.

That’s just my take on the matter and me giving you some info. It doesn’t change the fact that you are free to voice your opinion and that it will be, like all of them considered 🙂

Andylynyn
    Participant

Your opinion carries weight as a moderator, we know your opinion now since you’ve posted it many times already.

You also keep telling us its not the purpose of the bot, it was never planned, its not designed to hurt anybody – that all might be true but you are unfairly skewing the results and the outcome of this thread.

Really? This is going a bit far.
    Someone who’s a moderator is most likely one out of voluntarily applying for it. The Miqo Team are the developers, Arc is likely just another customer, (s)he just has more responsibilities because (s)he was assigned as a Moderator (probably because of consistently being helpful and levelheaded in the forums)

Don’t undermine people like that just because they don’t agree with your or their opinion doesn’t align with yours. People can be impartial and not take sides and still have opinions. A lesson for the future.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Andylynyn.

disconnected
    Participant

I’m currently in agreement with the conservative bunch here – I would rather miqobot keep as low a visible presence as possible – if you start offering functionality like pvp rotations and MSQ botting, then you’ll start getting more users to seek the bot out for those purposes and I feel those kind of people have little/or lower regard for botting in front of others thus increasing the likelihood SqEnix of shining a torch on us.

Just my 2cents though!

Xion
    Participant

Hard pass on pvp support added

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.