PVP assister request

Forum Forums Discussion PVP assister request

Tagged: 

This topic contains 37 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  TrustNull1 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    flyg
    flyg
    Participant

Really? This is going a bit far.
    Someone who’s a moderator is most likely one out of voluntarily applying for it. The Miqo Team are the developers, Arc is likely just another customer, (s)he just has more responsibilities because (s)he was assigned as a Moderator (probably because of consistently being helpful and levelheaded in the forums)

Don’t undermine people like that just because they don’t agree with your or their opinion doesn’t align with yours. People can be impartial and not take sides and still have opinions. A lesson for the future.

I disagree with your assumption. Arc’s post is worth more as a moderator and I felt most of the replies were written in a way to deter further discussion of the subject by reinstating the original intentions of the bot etc.

This thread existed and Arc’s previous replies also when I read it for the first time wondering if there was any PVP support and upon reading one of his replies I felt that was that then, no pvp support. It wasn’t until later I seen Miqobots actual request to post in this thread.

He has also replied since and I was happy to leave it at that.

If its of any consequence having had time to read many posts on the forum and get an idea of the community here I’m resigned to no PVP support as it is clear its not particularly wanted by the vast majority and that’s totally fine. I will just look elsewhere for that while continuing to enjoy miqobot for the features it does offer since its incredibly cheap imo.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by flyg flyg.
    Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant
    5+

I’m not a moderator, but I think that at this point, we can probably drop this subject. I’m not pointing fingers or assigning blame, and I think the actual moderator(s) would prefer it if nobody started, but we’ve wound up well off topic and I for one would like to avoid ending up in a flame war where people dogpile flyg for their perspective. Whether you agree with their interpretation or not, let’s let it go, yeah?

Arc
    Arc
    3+

Really? This is going a bit far.
    Someone who’s a moderator is most likely one out of voluntarily applying for it. The Miqo Team are the developers, Arc is likely just another customer, (s)he just has more responsibilities because (s)he was assigned as a Moderator (probably because of consistently being helpful and levelheaded in the forums)

This is precisely how it is. I applied for this job as a moderator voluntarily, because I wanted to alleviate unnecessary chore work from the Miqobot devs, which wastes time they could instead spend on focusing more on tech support, feature development & research. Stuff like keeping the Index for Scenarios and Gathering grids up to date for example is what I do.

I’m no authority or anything else. Most stuff I write here is based upon my personal experience and observation of both the community and dev posts over the years. So yeah, basically I am just another user here like everyone else. The only difference is, that I can edit posts & lock/unlock threads to keep stuff organized.

So the best analogy to what I am, would be the forum janitor.

I disagree with your assumption. Arc’s post is worth more as a moderator

Not really. My word has just as much weight as yours. I am just talking out of experience and based on previous posts from the official Miqo devs.

and I felt most of the replies were written in a way to deter further discussion of the subject by reinstating the original intentions of the bot etc.

I’m sorry that it sounded like that. I was merely explaining how things roll around here, and what the majority of the community thinks from my observations. We also had experience with people who joined the forums with the intention of lobbying for the interests of people who want to use the bot as a tool for RMT.
    Of course, they were absolutely free to use the bot for whatever their intention was, even for RMT, but they learned quickly, that Miqobot is an application made by players for players, not by a company for profit-oriented botting. There is a certain core idea what Miqobot is intended for, and so far the overwhelming majority of the community supports this idea.
    Of course, if the majority suddenly wanted Miqobot to become a RMT tool or a cheating tool, the Devs will probably try to cater towards that eventually, but until now the majority of the community has been supporting Miqobot’s original core idea.

If its of any consequence having had time to read many posts on the forum and get an idea of the community here I’m resigned to no PVP support as it is clear its not particularly wanted by the vast majority and that’s totally fine. I will just look elsewhere for that while continuing to enjoy miqobot for the features it does offer since its incredibly cheap imo.

Well either way there wouldn’t have been any consequences to begin with. You are absolutely free to voice your opinion in any way here and say what you would like to have.
    I’m crossing my fingers for you that you find something great and useful to use for PvP, and hope you’ll enjoy the benefits Miqobot offers to you 🙂

samusdesu
    Participant

why are people wanting fewer features? just don’t use them if you’re not comfortable with it.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant
    1+

As has been gone over many times now, it’s not a matter of “I’m not comfortable using this feature”, it’s a matter of making the bot more visible, which brings more scrutiny, which brings greatly increased risk of official retribution. If Miqobot becomes a sufficiently large issue as far as SE is concerned, they may bring action against it. As things stand now, Miqo is subtle and not overly unbalancing to the game, which means that SE has bigger things to deal with and is content to mostly ignore us. If Miqo started being involved in RMT (which SE actively watches and bans for) then that would change, and the bot would probably be targeted as a means of stopping that from happening. Likewise, if it became notable and obvious to the general playerbase, complaints of bots would go up, scrutiny would increase, and more people would get banned – regardless of whether they use Miqo for RMT, MSQ, or PVP.

It’s not an issue of us not wanting to use the features, it’s an issue of safety for everyone who uses Miqobot. We don’t want the heat from SE.

g3nocid3
    Participant
    2+

Another vote for this being an unnecessary addition to the game. If for no other reason than it could never provide any meaningful outcome in rankings, yet it brings a significant risk to everyone here.

You are asking to bot specifically while other players are staring directly at you and reacting to your actions. Think about that for a moment.

Xion
    Participant
    1+

why are people wanting fewer features? just don’t use them if you’re not comfortable with it.

Cause wasting months on a feature that the majority will not use is a waste of time when they can develop features and QOL that is highly requested, plus getting more eyes on the bot is not good.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Xion.

TrustNull1
    Spectator
    4+

Let’s not mention it destroys the spirit of competition. You know; playing on an even playing field. Imagine the bot war that would ensue. Ask yourself, what if everyone did it? SE would implement more invasive security features. They would actively pursue developers. They would enforce stricter bans. You still wouldn’t be any good at PvP. Nobody wins.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.