New features coming?

Forum Forums Discussion New features coming?

This topic contains 103 replies, has 49 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Damn was hoping for some DoL updates.. really thirsty for identical GiG Lol.

Judging by how things are moving along its probably gonna be at least 2 months before we see any DoL/DoH updates :/

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by LutBot LutBot.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    7+

Yes, Combat system is the topmost priority.
    It has already been delayed in favor of DoL/DoH update during the first two weeks of Shadowbringers.
    But our development plans are flexible and we may adjust them even further depending on the community demand.

As of this time, more than 80% of requests are combat related.
    If you wish for a certain feature to arrive sooner than others, please voice your opinion in a corresponding thread. Thank you!

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

No I understand most want combat related features haha I’ve already leveled about 50% of the DoM/DoW so my interest in those is very little. I doubt there’s many like me who’d want a DoL/DoH update over a DoM/DoW one tho.

Either way, keep up the great work!

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

i have a request, on wich i do not know if it is on the list or not.

I would love to have a group modus in the combat assist mode. Nothing fancy just assis grp leader or something like that plus stick grp leader after fight is done.

is that possible?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, it is possible, but this feature falls in the domain of open-world combat.
    We will consider implementing additional behavior for groups after the release of new navigation system and automated combat support for Scenario Engine.

gafgarion
    gafgarion
    Participant
    1+

i was so elated when i saw the miqobot status thread updated only to fine it was just for compatibility for the patch. T.T i just want the solver to use 70+ skills. with no eta ive lost hope itll drop this before end of year. Keep seeing ‘in a couple weeks’ since july.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

i was so elated when i saw the miqobot status thread updated only to fine it was just for compatibility for the patch. T.T i just want the solver to use 70+ skills. with no eta ive lost hope itll drop this before end of year. Keep seeing ‘in a couple weeks’ since july.

TBH Miqo’s been very open on the status of the bot. They did say in a “few weeks” not a “couple of weeks”. That said, Yeah it seems DoL/DoH update wont drop until next year xD

You could do what miqo suggested and try to drum up some attention for DoL/DoH, but atm it seems everyone is thirsty for Trusts more than anything else.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    5+

i was so elated when i saw the miqobot status thread updated only to fine it was just for compatibility for the patch.

Please do not underestimate the amount of work required to upgrade Miqobot for new patches.
    We don’t think that leaving Miqobot broken after each patch would be a reasonable solution.

i just want the solver to use 70+ skills. with no eta ive lost hope itll drop this before end of year. Keep seeing ‘in a couple weeks’ since july.

Based on the feedback we received in Stormblood, upgrading the Crafting Solver for level 80 tier is now at the bottom of our priority list.

Most players who are interested in crafting consider it a challenge rather than a grind. This activity gives unimaginable freedom for theorycrafting, so much that it generates the whole communities focused on designing macros and breaking down requirements for all recipe tiers. That’s why when the Crafting Solver was finally updated for level 70 tier, it was received as a threat to human intelligence rather than a helpful assistant in eliminating the tedious grind.
    The game community was constantly competing with Crafting Solver, attempting to prove that human is superior in solving this problem, either in speed or in quality. And only 30% of our users accepted this feature for its original purpose.

We are not interested in initiating another series of emotional debates related to Crafting Solver performance. If we do not update the solver for 80** recipes, players will not feel threatened anymore and will not try to compete with it.

Here is an example of discussions that discourages us from making further progress:
    Useless Crafting Actions
    tips for facet gear

If you wish to change our impression on this matter, we would like to see more constructive feedback. Thank you!

cowboybebop
    Participant
    7+

I understand the priority list, but I would be really disappointed if MB decides to stop updating the Crafting Solver. To me it was the primary reason I started using MB, though I now take advantage of a number of its great features. I think maybe I just have a bit of nostalgia towards the Solver because it’s what I started to use first with MB, and it was amazing.

To be fair to the community, I don’t think the threads you linked are saying that MB should not make an effort to use 71+ skills. I view those threads as an animated discussion designed to make MB better as a whole. Yes, crafting in Shadowbringers is much easier (IMO) than in the past, but that doesn’t mean that an updated bot wouldn’t be a huge assist to those using it.

In regards to Trusts, people want them so badly (again, IMO) because Sohm Al just doesn’t cut it for leveling 75+ anymore. So there is a strong desire for a higher-level dungeon option.

I missed my chance to comment on Arc’s thread, but if I was to create my own priority list, it would be:

1) Trusts/Scenario Engine combat for 70+ dungeons, this includes updated skill rotations
    2) Small open-world combat improvements like a FATE assist (automatically switch enemy targets), but not fully automated open-world combat
    3) UI improvements like being able to sort gathering/navigation grids, preventing duplicate entries, etc
    4) Crafting Solver

I realize that the MB team is small and that none of this is easy; to me Miqobot is a MIRACLE and it greatly enhances my FFXIV gameplay. I appreciate that tasks must be prioritized, in this post I’m only expressing my desire to see the Solver get an update eventually. Thank you for creating such a wonderful suite of tools!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  cowboybebop.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  cowboybebop.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

Thank you for your kind feedback very much.

Perhaps you’re right.
    But from what we see at the moment, users expect that Crafting Solver will be able to synthesize 80** recipes in the most optimal way by utilizing the least possible number of steps with minimal stats from zero starting quality and without any CPU intensive settings. This is not correct.

Number of steps will never be a part of the algorithm, because it would result in combinatorial explosion of the solving time.
    And CPU intensive settings will always be required to perform high-level synthesis efficiently.

If the next upgrade of the Crafting Solver turns out not perfect enough, the majority of users will keep using macros and the time we invested into its development would be essentially wasted.
    So before we decide to accept this risk, we would like to see more opinions on the matter and understand the community demand.

In the meantime, we will focus our efforts on more popular features such as Combat Assist and Trust Dungeons support.

cowboybebop
    Participant
    1+

I think that’s a completely fair thought and answer. Thanks for engaging!

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Most players who are interested in crafting consider it a challenge rather than a grind. This activity gives unimaginable freedom for theorycrafting, so much that it generates the whole communities focused on designing macros and breaking down requirements for all recipe tiers. That’s why when the Crafting Solver was finally updated for level 70 tier, it was received as a threat to human intelligence rather than a helpful assistant in eliminating the tedious grind.

Ironically, this was one of the very first things I’ve said upon arrival to this forum, before even starting to play the game. It just happens like this in most MMORPGs… I repeat: crafting is fun, lots of legit players craft manually, and they cover most of demand for craftable stuff; grinding, on the other hand, is boring no-fun (mostly) waste of human time – and this is the reason why bots rightfully and predictably occupy this niche. Crafting is for humans, while farming is for botters.

Ppl who want to craft for fun do not need any bot, because the process of building rotations and optimizing them is the most fun, and bots take it away. Ppl who just want to make some gil do not need any bots either – there are other activities which bring way more profit per hour. When I came here, oldbies told me that money making in FFXIV is about crafting rather than farming… they were wrong. I barely made some 50 mil via crafting during the first three weeks after 5.0 SBr addon was released (after than profits from each craft fell below 100k, so I stopped to craft). Once patch 5.05 (which added green facet gear) was released, market have gone to hell in just two days. Legit players killed it, not bot users. Farming, on other other hand, still brings me 700k per each hour… even right now, when mats prices have gone down considerably.

This is why I say to Miqo team: keep up the good work! and keep crafting where it is now and where it belongs – at the bottom of priority list. Making Miqo a fully self-sufficient grinder bot will certainly attract lots of users… no matter what does it grind – exp or gil.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    4+

i am very suprised, and maybe it was a mistake from me, to take the development of the solver for granted.

It was here when i started to use Miqobot, than there was this break with 4.0 until it got redeveloped. I thought with
    5.0 it would be the same…..

And for the number of steps …. i want the job done not count steps used when the bot does the work ..

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by 4DDCom 4DDCom.

Zimownage
    Participant
    6+

I would be heart broken if the solver is not updated for level 80, its definitely my most used feature. Please update it.

reapersow
    Participant

honestly, with the new skills available in ShB, it’s really easy to create a quick craftmacro() that give 100% quality with no HQ as component(even with 80**) as long as you have about 2200 in both hability and control and a minimum of 580 CP

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.