Miqobot v1.2.45 – Patch Notes

Forum Forums Discussion Miqobot v1.2.45 – Patch Notes

This topic contains 59 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by kontu kontu 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

@miqobot

This is nothing short of amazing!!! It works perfect for me. Thank you so much!

Tiranoka
    Participant

Thank you very very mush for this new update! 😀

Is there any way to make it so if you’re playing Out on a Limb it doesn’t run to the other Out on a Limb mini game? It looks kind of weird to path back to the center and then to the other game you were already playing.

But I agree with TheSingleWhiteMage, It looks really strange. Why real players want change their place on the same game.

But in any case, thanks again for your work! 😀

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by  Tiranoka.
    Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster
    1+

Thank you for this wonderful update!^^
    Gives me way more MGP then chocobo racing, since I haven’t been breeding my bird.

Is there any way to make it so if you’re playing Out on a Limb it doesn’t run to the other Out on a Limb mini game? It looks kind of weird to path back to the center and then to the other game you were already playing.

I should agree with this one. Would be better if she would run only in case of moving to different mini game.
    Even got asked by a friend who saw me running from one “Out on a Limb” to another if left or right side is better xD

Nott
    Participant
    1+

Even got asked by a friend who saw me running from one “Out on a Limb” to another if left or right side is better xD

I’d go with “Well this is Final Fantasy and therefore it depends on the time of day; if the Eorzea time is an even hour its the eastern machine, odd hours are western so that you face the appropriate direction while gambling.”

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

PS I wonder how many people know that these mini games were actually from 1.0 and this is how gathering was done…? 😉

Since back in the days it took me 1,5 years to get my 3 DoL from 0 to 50, working on them every day, yeah it’s impossible to forget.
    Hence why also I believe that next mini-game we will get for Gold Saucer will be the old 1.0 fisher one.

And a big thanks to Miqobot devs for this surprised release, works very well with 144+ fps on 144 Hz.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Thank you all for your feedback very much!

We have removed the behavior wherein Miqobot would run between the same minigames. Now she will only run between Out on a Limb and The Finer Miner, and only when you allow it.

The new version is uploaded to our website: Download Miqobot v1.2.45.1
    This is a minor version increase, so it will not trigger the ‘New version available’ message. But if you right click on EXE-file -> Properties -> Details tab, you can see the full version number. The latest version is v1.2.45.1 (the previous one was v1.2.45.0).
    There are no other changes besides this adjustment.

The reason to why we implemented this behaviour was our personal emotions during the development of Minigames feature.
    We spent dozens of hours for several days in a row when we were implementing and testing the algorithms. Playing the same minigame over and over again felt very monotonous, so we switched between left and right versions of the same minigame from time to time – out of our own desire. We thought that for a human player it would be natural to behave in the same way.
    Therefore we implemented a 15% chance for Miqobot to run to another version of the same minigame.

But we have clearly underestimated the fact that it feels entirely different from a supervisor point of view 🙂
    Please download Miqobot v1.2.45.1, and you won’t see this behaviour anymore.

Thank you!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

If you want to turn this behaviour back on, you can do so by adjusting the new parameter in settings.miqo.

1. Launch Miqobot v1.2.45.1 and close it. (This will add a new line to settings.miqo.)
    2. Open settings.miqo with any text editor.
    3. Find the advanced section inside. It will look like this:
      {
      	"advanced": {
      		"stealthin": 22.5,
      		"stealthout": 25,
      		"steervisible": false,
      		"runtosameminigamerate": 0
      	},
      }
    4. The new parameter is called:
      advanced.runtosameminigamerate – The chance at which Miqobot will run between left and right versions of the same minigame.

The default value is 0 – it means do not switch between them at all.
    You can set any value between 0 and 1.

• 0.15 – switch at 15% rate.
    • 0.05 – switch at 5% rate.
    • 0.4 – switch at 40% rate.
    • 1 – switch after each game.
    • 0 – never switch.

Tip: Don’t forget to close Miqobot before editing advanced section of settings.miqo. Otherwise, she will overwrite your changes with whatever is currently stored in memory.

potato
    Participant

Thank you for the behavior update 🙂

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by  potato.

Nott
    Participant

Does anyone else have issues where some of the words and the bottoms of letters are cut off in the bot screen?

See attachments for examples. I am running Win10 64bit, program is running as admin and display scaling is off.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by  Nott.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Tiranoka
    Participant

Miqobot, Thank you so much for the behavior update! 😀

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

You are welcome 🙂

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Does anyone else have issues where some of the words and the bottoms of letters are cut off in the bot screen?

See attachments for examples. I am running Win10 64bit, program is running as admin and display scaling is off.

This is a very weird bug.
    Miqobot enforces UI font to be 9-10pt in size. Judging from your screenshots, it seems like it was scaled up to about 13pt, which in turn leads to many words getting cut off and overlapped.

Would you please provide more information about your issue?

1. Is this the first time you encounter this bug?
    2. Is it related only to v1.2.45 or did it happen in the previous versions as well?
    3. Is it consistent and happens every time you start Miqobot?
    4. Does it go away after rebooting your computer?
    5. Do you have any other computers at your disposal? If so, can you try launching Miqobot on another computer and see whether this bug is reproducable?
    6. Please refer to any thread from the Help section for screenshots of how Miqobot is supposed to look like.
      (These screenshots were taken on Windows 7, but Miqobot should look very similar on Windows 10 as well.)
      Have you ever seen the correct version of UI on your computer?

Thank you very much!

Nott
    Participant

1. Since I’ve been back using it again it’s been present.
    2. Send me older versions and I’ll let you know, 1.2.3 is the oldest I have and it’s present in that version.
    3. Yes.
    4. No.
    5. Displays fine on a laptop. I believe it may be related to 4k resolution, which is why I’m disabling scaling, but it doesn’t seem to help.
    6. Not on my PC, looks fine on the laptop.

Is there anyway I can try to tweak the font myself?

Nott
    Participant

Here’s pics with the display scaling on and off. It doesn’t seem to have any bearing on the program, likely due to its forced size and font, but perhaps windows is overriding the font but not the window…purely speculating.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant
    1+

Miqo, I’ve discovered a pretty serious problem with choco racing, I’ve sent you a detailed description via support system. Please hit me back asap.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.