Miqobot v1.2.45 – Patch Notes

Forum Forums Discussion Miqobot v1.2.45 – Patch Notes

This topic contains 59 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by kontu kontu 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

We are happy to present you the easiest and the fastest MGP farming method:

Minion Square Minigames

minigames_solver

With this method you can expect an average of 600+ MGP per minute.
    This is not including any buffs or the +50% bonus from the ongoing Make It Rain Campaign.

How Minigames Work

A complete guide on Minigames is currently being prepared, so we are going to post the most important information now.

First of all, if you are not familiar with the mechanics, we recommend reading the basic rules in our Minigames Development thread.
    In a nutshell, if you win several rounds in a row, your reward is significantly increased with every Double Down choice.
    Up to a total of 6 rounds.

For your convenience, we have arranged all possible rewards into a reference table.

Out on a Limb Wins in a Row Avg Seconds
    (per round)
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    Cactuar 50
    75 (+50%)
    150 (+50%)
    225 (+50%)
    600 (+50%)
    750 (+50%)
    900 (+50%)
    Morbol 60
    90 (+50%)
    188 (+50%)
    278 (+50%)
    750 (+50%)
    938 (+50%)
    1125 (+50%)
    Titan 85
    128 (+50%)
    263 (+50%)
    390 (+50%)
    1050 (+50%)
    1313 (+50%)
    1575 (+50%)
    The Finer Miner Wins in a Row Avg Win Rate
    (rounds)
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    Cactuar 35
    53 (+50%)
    128 (+50%)
    188 (+50%)
    263 (+50%)
    315 (+50%)
    375 (+50%)
    Morbol 50
    75 (+50%)
    225 (+50%)
    540 (+50%)
    1103 (+50%)
    2138 (+50%)
    3938 (+50%)
    Titan 60
    90 (+50%)
    300 (+50%)
    900 (+50%)
    2400 (+50%)
    6000 (+50%)
    14400 (+50%)

The last column is referred to the average performance rate achieved by Miqobot.
    Please use this information when adjusting settings for Gold Saucer -> Minigames tab in order to maximize your personal MGP income.

FPS Requirements and Background Mode

As you may already know, Miqobot supports Background Mode due to being keyboard-only bot. She is able to perform at low FPS (10-12 FPS).
    But this time it’s a little bit different.

Minigames AI utilizes a special aiming algorithm, which relies heavily on your ingame FPS.
    It tracks the marker movement and predicts its position at the next frame in order to detect the best moment to push the button. In other words, Miqobot aims very much like a human player does.
    So the lower your FPS is – the harder it is to aim.

To get consistent results we recommend having at least 60 FPS. Miqobot can perform at lower FPS, but your win rate will decrease.
    In order to have 60 FPS in Background Mode, you need to disable the ingame FPS limiter when client is inactive. It is located under System Configuration -> Display Settings -> Frame Rate Limit (at the bottom).

disable_fps_limiter

Also, if you are going to move your mouse in the foreground (for example scrolling through browser), we recommend that you switch Screen Mode to Windowed and minimize your game window.
    Otherwise your mouse cursor will interfere, and Miqobot will not be able to push the minigame button. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done to prevent this behaviour on our side, except for code injections (and we have no plans for implementing code injections).

Which Minigame Is Better?

Out On a Limb is better, because it guarantees a consistent MGP flow.
    The Finer Miner gives better rewards at top tiers, but it has a much smaller Sweet Spot area (about 1.5 times smaller). With 4 or 5 hits The Finer Miner permits, it is mathematically impossible to detect a Sweet Spot at 100% rate.

Statistically, both Minigames give the same average results on Morbol and Titan difficulty. Low win rate of The Finer Miner is compensated by bigger rewards, so in the end you will have about the same 600+ MGP per minute. But if you are going to supervise the process, you might want to see consistent wins in order to be satisfied with Miqobot’s performance.

AFK Timer

Since Scenarios are not released yet, we have integrated a special timer into the Minigames AI.
    Please use these settings to imitate AFK sessions and represent human behaviour better.

Tip: When you specify a range of values, Miqobot will select a random number from this range.

The rest of v1.2.45 changes:

Fixed Issues

• An issue wherein Miqobot would not be able to switch between hotbars on some hardware.
    • An issue wherein Miqobot would switch between hotbars, but would not hit an icon on some hardware.
    • An issue with Chocobo Racing, wherein Miqobot would try to interact with Registrar NPC while waiting for other players to join the race.
    • An issue with Chocobo Racing, wherein Miqobot would not be able to focus the Registrar NPC if character not positioned in front of her. From now on, Miqobot will cycle through targets on screen in order to focus the required NPC.
      (This fix also applies to the upcoming Questing Bot.)

Minor Changes

• Cache for ingame windows is implemented. This allows Miqobot to perform much better in activities with lots of windows involved (Chocobo Racing, Minigames, any NPC interactions).
    • Maximum number of waypoints and connections supported by 3D Editor is increased to 2048.
    • Overall stability of 3D Editor is significantly increased.

What About v1.2.5 and Crafting Solver?

Miqobot v1.2.5 is currently in development and is not affected by this release.

Initially, we planned to release Minigames support along with the upgrades for Crafting Solver and Gathering Rotations, and we kept this feature a secret until now.
    But due to The Make It Rain Campaign, delaying Minigames any further would be a waste of the precious +50% bonus.

So if you’re still missing your Fenrir Mount (which is going to fly in patch 3.3) – now is the best time to get it!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

If you have any questions – please don’t hesitate to ask!
    We will use your feedback to improve the upcoming Minigames guide 🙂

MiraiKuma
    Participant

Thank you for this release. I had been refreshing all day to see if you would release the minigames!

Nott
    Participant

Doing the Out on a Limb now, working great! Much better than choco for me since I haven’t actually bred any of them yet. Thanks Miqo.

Nott
    Participant

So I’m in the chocobo square and wanted to play the Finer Miner, unless I open the minigame it won’t play it. It just takes me to the Out On a Limb one, lol. This happening to anyone else?

Nott
    Participant

Ok, I see what its doing. Randomizing which game it plays. Seems to greatly favor Out on a Limb though, at least so far.

Perhaps you could put a count for each of the games rather than a total count?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

That’s exactly what the input fields next to Count are for 🙂

• First input box is the total count.
    • Second input box in this row is count for Out on a Limb.
    • Third input box in this row is count for The Finer Miner.

Miqobot alternates between them based on what values you put in there.

So if you want to play The Finer Miner only, just input 0 for Out on a Limb.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

And yes, the default values are set in such a way that Out on a Limb is favored over The Finer Miner.

Play 5-10 times Out on a Limb, then 1-2 Finer Miner. And start over 🙂

Nott
    Participant

Oh I’m an idiot… I thought that was swings or something, not plays. I only did these like once or twice before now, lol.

GoofMcLoof
    Participant

Thank you Miqo! This is amazing!

Nott
    Participant

Yea the Finer Miner can be amazing or a waste. Very much Vegas style, while Limb is more like a savings account, slowly growing.

Think I’ll keep it on Limb 🙂

AnotherPseudonym
    AnotherPseudonym
    Participant

This is amazing, just tried it, works great with no issues. I wanted something to do to get good rates of MGP while my Chocobo was going to the next Pedigree rank, and now this! Thanks, I looked forward to the other amazing upcoming features, at this rate I’ll be shelling out another 10$ each month. Taking some of the actual grind out of XIV is a true act of benevolence, keep it up 😀

GoofMcLoof
    Participant
    4+

Is there any way to make it so if you’re playing Out on a Limb it doesn’t run to the other Out on a Limb mini game? It looks kind of weird to path back to the center and then to the other game you were already playing.

Other than that it has been really good so far!

MithraLover
    Participant

Just saw this and have been running for a few minutes. Working pretty well! I’ve played these a few times for the weekly challenges and it’s good to be able to get away from the grind of chocobo racing, especially since I could never get to the top tiers. My wife and I appreciate this (it pretty much got our Fenrir mounts) and can’t wait for future releases.

PS I wonder how many people know that these mini games were actually from 1.0 and this is how gathering was done…? 😉

Nott
    Participant
    1+

PS I wonder how many people know that these mini games were actually from 1.0 and this is how gathering was done…?

This guy remembers 🙂 The blind gathering…the copy and pasted trees…the glory of a game unborn…heh.

I do agree about the back to back limbs though I haven’t noticed. It’s been minimized for the last couple hours, nearly done with Fenrir too!

Another thing that would be cool is if it tracked your MGP/hr for you, but its entirely cosmetic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.