Island Sanctuary – The complete experience

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Island Sanctuary – The complete experience

This topic contains 50 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Mewo Mewo 6 hours, 12 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Mewo
    Mewo
    Participant
    1+

Hi there, is the spreadsheet outdated? i dont see Raw Island Garnet on the list? Also, it seems some of the grid also doesnt work, i’m just getting “(9:13:46 am) Scanning for shiny gathering nodes like ‘<anything>’ *.*”

yea same for me it does need some update for both old and new ones i think 😀

Raw Island Garnet is not from nodes, that is from the granary outside the comfy cabin. Neither is silver ore etc.

As for scanning for shiny node errors, it is possible that you have gathered the nodes previously and have accidentally caused the scenario order to fail.

A lot of these scenarios are a perfect 11x node cycle – because 11 nodes resets the first node you gathered from. If one of those nodes are missing, you will encounter an issue because my grids only have the branch distance of like 5 – 20. Miqobot cannot gather “off-grid” when using my grids because they are far more strict than most people’s. If the branch distance was set to say…. 50 she will just gather from anything within that range of distance to whatever many times you asked her to do it. So if you’re going to like “waypoint 10” and there is no node there, she will just stop.

Lastly, it is also possible that you are executing the chapter in my scenario and then possibly swapping the grid if you’re clicking on the gather tab and messing around there. I doubt this is the cause but it can be an issue if you’re trying to do something in there.

Brykin
    Participant

i’ll try and delete the scenario and add it again and see if its work

Mewo
    Mewo
    Participant

i’ll try and delete the scenario and add it again and see if its work

Hopefully this is all working now. When in doubt gather 11x at random places and then run the scenario back at the comfy cabin.

amplexus
    Participant

Thanks for that Mewo! question though, there’s about 7 marbles to gather around the waypoint for your scenario / nodes (Smooth White Rock), once all 7 has been gathered my character just stands there and just waits for it for more nodes to spawn. is it meant to be that way?

Mewo
    Mewo
    Participant

Thanks for that Mewo! question though, there’s about 7 marbles to gather around the waypoint for your scenario / nodes (Smooth White Rock), once all 7 has been gathered my character just stands there and just waits for it for more nodes to spawn. is it meant to be that way?

Sorry it took a while to reply, new job, very tired LOL.

I’m trying to answer from memory… Which scenario set are you using and which chapter? I assume you’re using the scenario “- foot” but if you’re using “- flying” and don’t have flying unlocked, you probably will just fart around doing nothing because I do believe there is an actual flying waypoint that one uses. If you’re using “-foot” the issue may be that you gathered the “bluish rock” node that is next in the sequence. From memory I believe it goes smooth white rock x7, then Bluish rock x7. On all of these scenarios, you definitely need to make sure that you haven’t actually gathered anything in that vicinity recently. The best solution is to go to like… the other side of the island and gather 11x before starting. Since this chapter has excess of 11 nodes because it has 14 nodes, I cant imagine you actually running into this issue of standing around doing nothing.

I’ll hop on the game this weekend and have a look if you haven’t got it working by then.

regulusking
    Participant

Hey Mewo! I’m new to this, miqo and all. Can you give me some help?

I have that message in the beggning after copy+paste the grid in new scenario.

(10:03:58) (SCENARIO) Started:
    (10:03:58) ‘New Scenario’
    (10:03:58) Chapter: 1
    (10:03:58) ERROR (Chapter 1, Line 1): Syntax error. Expected format: function(arguments)

regulusking
    Participant

Oh. i’m dumb. Now works!

regulusking
    Participant

Hey Mewo! I’m new to this, miqo and all. Can you give me some help?

I have that message in the beggning after copy+paste the grid in new scenario.

(10:03:58) (SCENARIO) Started:
    (10:03:58) ‘New Scenario’
    (10:03:58) Chapter: 1
    (10:03:58) ERROR (Chapter 1, Line 1): Syntax error. Expected format: function(arguments)

Thanks for the grid! works fine!

For some reason mine does not use island sprint, for some reason it is using mount

Beloka
    Participant

Hey Mewo,
    thanks for your work.
    I noticed 2 things
    My Char is not Using Isle Sprint ever, it is assigned to a hotbar with a hotkey (1 in this case)

Secondly in Scenario 6 of Post-Flying and Cave-Access: Mound of Dirt.
    You collect 13 Nodes in Total, 2 of them completely out of the way in the northwest (see screenshot)
    As the scenario is collecting 13 Nodes you can just skip the 2 on the B waymark and can still loop it.
    This would make the loop much faster, as you don’t need to Fly to the north west and then fly the whole way back to the southeast.

Also when flying away from the B waymark the char is flying a long time against a wall, and sometimes get’s entirely stuck there.

If I would know how I would just remove the 2 gather points on B myself

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mewo
    Mewo
    Participant

Hi all,

Just gotta say I likely won’t be on XIV from here on so it’s hard to help and fix stuff.

Hey Mewo,
    My Char is not Using Isle Sprint ever, it is assigned to a hotbar with a hotkey (1 in this case)

Secondly in Scenario 6 of Post-Flying and Cave-Access: Mound of Dirt.
    You collect 13 Nodes in Total, 2 of them completely out of the way in the northwest (see screenshot)
    As the scenario is collecting 13 Nodes you can just skip the 2 on the B waymark and can still loop it.
    This would make the loop much faster, as you don’t need to Fly to the north west and then fly the whole way back to the southeast.

Also when flying away from the B waymark the char is flying a long time against a wall, and sometimes get’s entirely stuck there.

For the isle sprint, I’m not entirely sure how Miqobot follows procedure. All I did was insert Duty actions on to my currently active hotbar (removed regular sprint) and she selected it. There’s not much more to it other than that and it has nothing to do with scenarios or grids.

As for the re-routing, for the reasons above I won’t be rectifying things like that for a while. Because this whole thing is rather automated I wasn’t going for clear cut quickest farms every time. Realistically a lot of it becomes rather arbitrary anyways, saving marginal time and gathering unnecessary quantities. I do vaguely remember making this and thought eh those are kinda out of the way but why not – we’re flying it’s not that much time.

I don’t know much about hitting the wall on the route. From my experience I never hit the wall 😂. I feel like I can see how that happens but I’m wondering if it’s the DPI setting and accuracy of following the waypath. I remember adjusting the waypoints a few times because I was actually running on the land occasionally due to angles. Never hitting a wall though.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Mewo Mewo.

Beloka
    Participant

I don’t know much about hitting the wall on the route. From my experience I never hit the wall 😂. I feel like I can see how that happens but I’m wondering if it’s the DPI setting and accuracy of following the waypath. I remember adjusting the waypoints a few times because I was actually running on the land occasionally due to angles. Never hitting a wall though.

I recorded it, my char is always mounting up and flying straight into the wall after collecting the 2 nodes on B
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4BUtSt-sk

Sometimes my char is able to fly slowly upwards and continue after like half a minute
    But sometimes he also is just stuck there and not flying up until I change the camera angle

Just gotta say I likely won’t be on XIV from here on so it’s hard to help and fix stuff.

No worries, I gonna work myself into it and see if I can figure out how to remove waypoints/steps
    Just wanted to point it out initialy in case you have an easy solution 😂

Seiyus12
    Participant

Hello so I just got this today so I didn’t change any settings or anything and decided to import this to the bot. I get the error

(8:34:27 PM) Adventure calls! I have to travel far away. (Grid: ‘Isle Trees’, Waypoint: 0)
    (8:34:27 PM) Going from 21 to 0 in 8 trips.
    (8:34:27 PM) Uhoh. There’s no key bound to action ‘Switch to Hotbar 4’.

and it just keeps repeating the last time. Am I overlooking something? I’m not sure what it means to switch to hotbar 4

sageomithas
    sageomithas
    Participant

If you have actions on a hotbar that the bot needs to use, you have to make sure that there are keybinds that map to those points.

I have found the simplest way to map hotbars being the Number keys & – +. Then I just repeat with modifier keys for each successive hotbar I use, for example my hotbar 2 uses Shift+ the numbers, hotbar 3 is Ctrl+ the number.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by sageomithas sageomithas.

ModernStalking
    Participant

Hello, when using this one (by Foot, cuz’ I’m still at the start :p) I seem to only get “Spearfishing is not available yet” and the Bot stops working at any “gather” command. I can’t really seem to figure out what’s wrong here. Anybody having an idea of my issue? Can I fix it? By now I replaced the gather command by Key presses on 0, but then it sometimes gets stuck at not respawned nodes, which get targeted by 0, too, because I can’t seem to figure out how to “untarget” stuff with it. D:
    Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 🙂

ModernStalking
    Participant

Hello, when using this one (by Foot, cuz’ I’m still at the start :p) I seem to only get “Spearfishing is not available yet” and the Bot stops working at any “gather” command. I can’t really seem to figure out what’s wrong here. Anybody having an idea of my issue? Can I fix it? By now I replaced the gather command by Key presses on 0, but then it sometimes gets stuck at not respawned nodes, which get targeted by 0, too, because I can’t seem to figure out how to “untarget” stuff with it. D:
    Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 🙂

Just thinking made me realize, that I had “tried” using my “fix” after I gathered in another order than my grid ran, so my “untarget issue” fixed by itself. Thanks anyway. x: (11 nodes rule rules)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.