Island Sanctuary – The complete experience

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Island Sanctuary – The complete experience

This topic contains 53 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Astathan Astathan 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author

throwaway00112
    Participant

What fixed the error?

Gamerboi
    Participant

Is the google doc deleted that has the index? Because I am getting “Sorry, the file you have requested has been deleted.”

deston07@gmail.com
    Participant
    1+

I’ve just unlocked my island and am starting from scratch. It was quite easy to configure the scenario to gather all items. Here’s my setup:

Disable Flying
    At the end of each chapter, replace:
    repeatChapter(999)
    with:
    sendKey([,10.0)

(Note: [ is my keybind for “Island return”. You will need to customize this to match your keybind. Make sure to return to base; otherwise, the system might hang when changing grids.)

At the end of Chapter 13, include:
    afkFor(00:10:00)
    repeatAll(999)

This setup loops all 13 chapters efficiently. I added a 10-minute AFK period to simulate more human-like behavior, but it’s optional.

Additionally, I’ve locked my island to prevent anyone else from visiting, ensuring a controlled environment.

Mewo
    Mewo
    Participant

I’ve returned to the game to make some progress before dawntrail, so I’ll have a look into what’s broken here and see what’s going on. In the time I’ve been gone I also deleted my google account which explains why the spreadsheet went missing 🤦.

Edit:
    The first thing I am seeing is that people were using these as full map cycles. These were never intended to be used to cycle the entire map, they were item-focused. I don’t know why some people were encountering issues on vertical axis and intercepting objects. I used these myself about 1000x and never encountered any issues, but it could be to do with resolution or dpi settings? Really odd.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Mewo Mewo.
    Mewo
    Mewo
    Participant
    1+

It finally clicked why there has been confusion regarding why the scenario chapters don’t connect or loop. In the first post I hadn’t properly outlined that the chapters are utilized as individual “scenarios” to keep the files clean. Each chapter is a micro scenario dedicated to 11 or 12 nodes for efficiency.

What I should have said is that each CHAPTER begins outside the comfy cabin. You can’t just start at chapter 1 and leave it to run through all chapters. You also can’t just start a chapter willy nilly in the middle of the map. You HAVE to use isle return back to comfy cabin. You find which item you’d like in the corresponding chapter (nodes are clearly stated at the top of each script) and then initiate that chapter. As stated above it will repeat that specific chapter 999x – capping out on items on around loops 80 to 90 or so. This is where Miqobot ceases to function and you need to islereturn and initiate a new chapter for a new item to gather.

I apologize for this confusion, this forum won’t let you edit posts after like half an hour or something passes and I never looked back.

For example:
    Chapter 2 is Apple Trees.
    Start chapter 2 and it will go through a loop of Apple trees until 999 of all items are gathered OR when you decide to quit.
    Once you are satisfied, stop running the script and use isle return.
    You may now want to gather from Mahogany Trees, which is chapter 3.
    Start chapter 3 from outside the comfy cabin and you’re on your way.
    Gather till satisfied, islereturn, select new chapter to start, rinse repeat.

DO NOT let this try to run chapter to chapter. All chapters have a dedicated and separated grid – they do not connect as a massive spider web. The reason for this choice was because the ones that were already made that had every node as a giant spider web was laggy and ineffective for pathing due to the PC trying to figure out the best route.

The only way you can allow this to run chapter by chapter is to remove the repeatchapter line one each chapter scropt and replace it with a line that uses a key input for isle return. This is the only way they would be connected and it’s not efficient whatsoever due to returning and traveling a long starting pathway.

I wish I had clicked on to this nearly a whole year ago.

Mewo
    Mewo
    Participant

Here’s a link to the new spreadsheet:

Will update with items in time.
    Here’s a screenshot as a preventative measure in case I delete google again.

As I progress to rank 20 I will add the new stuff.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mewo
    Mewo
    Participant

Update:
    Added a new chapter (25) and grid for gathering Yellowish Rocks and Crystal Clusters.
    Link to index spreadsheet.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mewo
    Mewo
    Participant
    3+

I’ve made some subtle changes, but from here on I will be adding my updates to google drive and updating the spreadsheet with new information. I will post here when there’s an update here but it will just be in the format of:
    Update: 11/05/2024

It’s just so much easier for me to be able to control the information I share instead of this messy forum crap, as well as not being able to edit posts or sticky updates to the front page.

I’ll mostly just be using this thread for suggestions/questions.
    If you have issues with pathing I can attest that I have used every grid to gather 999x of every single item. So my answer is: I do not know how to fix your issue specifically – open up the navigation tab, turn on the editor and move the waypoints to suit your needs.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Mewo Mewo.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Mewo Mewo.
    Astathan
    Astathan
    Participant
    2+

Thanks for the updates. I also just came back to prep for dawntrail and had taken a break just before island sanctuary dropped. So this has been very helpful.

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.