(Discussion Archive) Patch 4.4 – Miqobot Status

Forum Forums Discussion (Discussion Archive) Patch 4.4 – Miqobot Status

This topic contains 28 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Here’s another case where Miqobot isn’t using proc’d synthesis skills. In this case, as a Goldsmith, I have Maker’s Mark and Flawless Synthesis on the 3rd hot bar. Miqobot doesn’t use it.

Using Maker’s Mark on a recipe with only 376 Progress would give 4 stacks of Maker’s Mark.
    Therefore it would be a waste of CP.

The issue with Muscle Memory you mentioned about earlier is indeed critical, because using Manipulation instead of Muscle Memory has no logical explanation. But Maker’s Mark is completely different and more expensive in both CP cost and time cost.
    Would you please specify why exactly you would like to see Maker’s Mark in this case?

Also I notice that Miqbot uses Inner Queit before Comfort Zone. Since Comfort Zone only restores 14cp, I suppose it doesn’t matter. I have attached the miqo crafting logs.

The issue about Comfort Zone has been recently expained in this thread: ToT and Comfort Zone on max CP

In short: Delay of Comfort Zone is a price we have to pay for “Progress First” optimization.
    According to our calculations, this optimization reduces average HQ rate by 3%.
    Depending on recipe difficulty, it will result in x3-x20 computational boost.

Tara
    Participant

I’ve got a question.
    Does Miqobot save the solver settings?

For example, I create a preset for receipe 1 and use the solver.

After that I create a preset for receipe 2 and use the solver.

Will 1 & 2 have their calculated steps saved? Or do I have to wait ~8 Minutes every. single. time? :I

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

We are sorry, this feature is technically very complex and would not result in a significant boost.
    Saving and loading solutions will require additional CPU time due to compression and decompression, and this time is comparable to solving itself. At the moment this feature has a low priority.

The details are explained in this thread: Save/Load solver alghoritms

Please note that we designed Crafting Solver with maximum optimization for endgame recipes.
    Crafting Solver needs only a few seconds on anything below 70*** and 1-2 minutes on 70**** recipes. If you select any option that brings the computation time above 2 minutes, you increase the average HQ rate by 1-2% at best.

The most significant HQ boost on 70-star tier comes from Maker’s Mark, RNG abilities, and Good condition procs.
    Neither of these factors is affected by Crafting Solver settings.

Tara
    Participant

We are sorry, this feature is technically very complex and would not result in a significant boost.
    Saving and loading solutions will require additional CPU time due to compression and decompression, and this time is comparable to solving itself. At the moment this feature has a low priority.

The details are explained in this thread: Save/Load solver alghoritms

Please note that we designed Crafting Solver with maximum optimization for endgame recipes.
    Crafting Solver needs only a few seconds on anything below 70*** and 1-2 minutes on 70**** recipes. If you select any option that brings the computation time above 2 minutes, you increase the average HQ rate by 1-2% at best.

The most significant HQ boost on 70-star tier comes from Maker’s Mark, RNG abilities, and Good condition procs.
    Neither of these factors is affected by Crafting Solver settings.

Oh!! That is really good to know!
    Im usually using this settings: https://imgur.com/a/eLw5tvH

And this abilities: https://imgur.com/a/iNWv7kV

Especially with manipulation and innovation it takes ages

Guess Im going to make an extra hotbar only for the RNG Abilities.

Can you recommend me the best to use?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by  Tara.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

We released a series of in-depth analysis posts on crafting math a while ago.
    You can find them in this thread: Stormblood – Upgrade Stage 2

The following Crafting Solver settings are recommended:

• CP Chunks – 8:1.
    • CPU Intensive – Ingenuity + Manipulation II.
      Innovation is not recommended anymore as it gives a very small quality boost when compared to other alternatives.

The following actions are highly recommended:

• Maker’s Mark + Flawless Synthesis (+26.6% to average HQ rate)
    • Patient Touch (+41.5% to average HQ rate)
    • Tricks of the Trade (+9.8% to average HQ rate)

It appears that you also removed Basic, Standard, and Advanced Touch from your hotbar.
    While it may seem that Prudent Touch is a direct upgrade over Basic Touch, it does not replace Standard or Advanced versions. They are still required to utilize Good and Excellent procs to their full potential.

Tara
    Participant

Thanks!

I’ve added everything to the Hotbar and only activated Ingenuity + Manipulation. https://imgur.com/a/u8VwOhq

I deleted Innovation from the Cross-Class Set-Up now and added Tricks of the Trade back in.

I only consumed Matcha-HQ, and I am crafting the 70 3* Gourmet Main-Hand with 5k Start Quality. Let see how this goes!

I am really excited!

It somehow fails to use Patient Touch, even tho it is on my Hotbar, strangely I cant use it from my hotbar, but it works in my Skill Menu. FFXIV Bug?

German Client. Theres also a bug where I can convert something to Materia from the Menu, I have to do it manually piece by piece when my client is set to german. So it could be possible that this is indeed a Bug from FFXIV itself.

I removed Patient Touch from my Hotbar for now.

//EDIT: Oh wow – I know why. I am using my 3rd Hotbar for every class and thats probably it. Kinda stupid from FFXIV because essentially its the same skill

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Id also recommend using Reclaim.
    When it comes to endgame NQ output is the same as failing the craft. Its much better to have an option to restart with 90% than risk NQing with 50%.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Thanks!

I’ve added everything to the Hotbar and only activated Ingenuity + Manipulation. https://imgur.com/a/u8VwOhq

< ...>

It somehow fails to use Patient Touch, even tho it is on my Hotbar, strangely I cant use it from my hotbar, but it works in my Skill Menu. FFXIV Bug?

It appears that you have mixed actions from different jobs.
    – On the left, the icons indicate Armorer actions.
    – In the middle, the icons indicate Blacksmith actions.

Please be careful when assigning actions on shared hotbars. They persist between jobs and can easily confuse you.

Tara
    Participant

It appears that you have mixed actions from different jobs.
    – On the left, the icons indicate Armorer actions.
    – In the middle, the icons indicate Blacksmith actions.

Yeah I totally forgot this.

Thats what I get for only using macros lol.

Well, at least I’ve sorted my hotbar now, wanted to do it anyway. 😀

The craft was successfull with 100% HQ

Min
    Min
    Participant

Miqobot frequently reapplies SH2 and GS while there are still 2-3 stacks left. Sometimes even twice (GS > GS etc) which looks really sus. Is there a way to prevent this? Using the recommended settings above.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

This is the intended behavior to bait Good conditions in the end of synthesis for a finisher step when all other options have been exhausted.

If you still think that it’s a bug, then please enable logs on Crafting tab as described above and send them to us for analysis.
    Thank you very much!

Min
    Min
    Participant

Ah alright, thanks for the clarification. Wasn’t sure if it was intended or not since it seemed like miqo just used observe for that reason.

AdagioFantasque
    AdagioFantasque
    Participant

Hey miqobot!

I was looking at the trial version and thought, would you like a shiny new & pretty portrait & icon for your interface ?

If yes I can provide one if you have an email address to give me. (can show you art references too if you aren’t too trusty which i’d understand)

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Please contact us via the feedback form directly from our website: https://miqobot.com/#support
    Thank you for your proposal very much!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘(Discussion Archive) Patch 4.4 – Miqobot Status’ is closed to new replies.